Traitor.....

ILoveMyPatty

Oh man. I'm sorry. I wasnt trying to kill the moment for ya. Truth be told if I was ever to buy a new vehicle it would most likely be a toyota as well. They've got an excellent track record even with that last little drive by wire issue. Don't get me wrong, I think you've chosen a great truck and will no doubt be super happy with your purchase, I was just expressing my discomfort about paying so much on something that depreciates so fast. But as you said, Toyota's do hold their value significantly so its much less a loss compared to something like a Dodge Caravan.

Also, on another note, since your paying the same shop rate no matter what whether you get their guru mechanic or some 1st year do yourself a BIG favor and ask the service manager about the mechanics and how many licensed techs and their number of years certified. Shops LOVE to brag about who they have to persuade you to not go to another dealership. Find out who the star mechanic is, and for EVERY service, tell the service people you'd like to book with that mechanic, No other, no exception. That way you'll have the same tech for the life of the vehicle so long as he stays with that dealership.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new purchase man. You're gonna LOVE IT!!!!

(Redemption?)

*edit* I went back to read this whole thread today pretending I wasn't me who wrote those comments....... Wow..... I'm an asshole. Sorry again man. Didn't mean to come off like that but it sure seems that way when you read it. I promifse that when it arrives and you post your Pictures My First words will be much more supportive. :hide:

Edited by Dowser

• 3 months later...

Been too busy to come on here and post pics. 100 hours of work per week is kiiiiiillling me....

At the dealership

154981_10150341564785603_729585602_15987569_3798731_n.jpg

Snowwwww

IMG_0080.jpg

First wash

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

I'll get better pictures when I have the time.

In all honesty... I'm kind of half thinking of trading it in on something else... This thing is worse on fuel than my Pathy! I still love it though, but 15.5mpg avg is killing me.

"Even if it mean's the moment you drive it off the lot is begins depreciating instantly and you're stuck paying ridiculous payments for the next 4-5 years for an overpriced hunk of metal that will need to constantly be brought back to the dealership for Flash updates. Not too mention the check engine light likes to come on for just about everything from forgetting to tighten your gas cap to complete and total engine failure with the inability to see or understand what a large majority of the codes are unless you bring it to a Authorized Toyota Dealership to plug into their diagnostics. I'd personally never buy any vehicle new since the depreciation is so nasty. If I wanted new I'd personally go with newer. like 2 years old and save about a 3rd my money. Although I refuse to buy new since every vehicle build in the last 10 years is so heavily reliant on computers to run everything and anything that its more of a pain in the ass to fix then anything else."

Why don't you tell him how you really feel??? LOL

Nice truck...for a Toyota !!

"Pathy's were new from dealerships at one point."

Yeah but they are Nissans !!

As I stated in my very last post.

I promise that when it arrives and you post your Pictures My First words will be much more supportive. :hide:

That is one HELL OF A NICE TRUCK! It looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun to drive. I'm Jealous of the truck but not of the 100 hour work weeks.

As I stated in my very last post.

That is one HELL OF A NICE TRUCK! It looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun to drive. I'm Jealous of the truck but not of the 100 hour work weeks.

OR the Payments !! LOL

Thanks all. It's a pretty fun truck for sure. Nicest ride quality I've ever experienced. Not too sure why the fuel economy is so bad... it's only a 4.0L V6, with a 6spd manual... I'll be taking it offroad in the spring to go fishing etc.

Payments aren't actually that bad, as I put a bunch of money down on it.

But in the end..........................

I still have both of my Pathys :) Just gotta get the motivation to get stuff done on them and get the '94 trail ready. Yeehaw! Summer project.

nice...so how do you like hard acceleration in 1st gear from a stop? what about carrying it through 2nd 3rd and 4th...my 06 is the first vehicle to ever get away from me and on dry pavement at that...oh and don't forget where reverse is :rolleyes: i put a dent in my bumper about 30 mins after getting it trying to do a quick 3 point to get out of people's way and missed R and went into first and bumped the back side of a guardrail DOH

Couldnt resist with mine...wheelbase is way too long for any serious wheeling:

25897_684862163937_36619102_38762975_3169217_n.jpg

23477_688722562667_36619102_38881805_515593_n.jpg

anywho...love that paint...sexy truck :aok:

It's a 4x4.

I've got a backup camera, and when I put it in reverse I get an in-cab beep (once) to let me know, "dude... you missed 1st..."

I hate the traction control thing though. I've lost the back end a couple times on ice and I naturally move to correct it. But the dang thing does its stupid traction control and starts braking trying to correct it, and making it pointless and almost dangerous to try and correct it manually.

You should be able to turn off the traction control. My 04 titan had that, it was called VDC. Toyota might have a different name for it though. It scared the hell out of me the first time I made it fish tail on a gravel road!

James

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC). Uses braking and engine power cuts to prevent you from getting out of control. I like to mess around occasionally when it snows and do donuts etc. I hate the damn thing. I wish I could rip it out of the truck. Also, I wish that in Canada you could get the Double Cab in the TRD Off Road package... would have been nice to have a locking rear diff.

Nice looking Tacoma, uncc. I allllmost got white.

Nice looking Tacoma, uncc. I allllmost got white.

Thanks...I wanted the electric blue or the color you had but the problem was i didnt want to buy new b/c i had to custom order it with the 6 speed...i randomly asked while i was getting the oil changed on the camry if they had a MT tacoma...they said no...well about 30 mins later they were like yes we found one on our lot...while i was signing papers 3 days later 4 different couples came in to drive the tuck 1 was from virginia and the other was from georgia and 2 others in the charlotte area...that truck was getting sold that day whether it was to me or someone else lol...i hated my camry it needed $1000 worth of work and i had beat the hell out of it...it was less than 3 yrs old and almost had 70k miles on it...i gladly upgraded to the tacoma