Trail Gear Rock Sliders on R50

• 2 months later...

If it is, just remove it. I don't imagine much would accumulate, though.

Last "Big" strom (our only snow strom) my sliders had 4" and my roof and hood had maybe 2.5"

They stay colder so it sticks sooner I guess?

It brushed right off tho.

I have a pic if yall want me 2 upload it...

Edited by MY1PATH

Last "Big" strom (our only snow strom) my sliders had 4" and my roof and hood had maybe 2.5"

They stay colder so it sticks sooner I guess?

It brushed right off tho.

I have a pic if yall want me 2 upload it...

DSCF3571.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say these sliders are the best investment I have made so far on the pathy. I can not afford a lift until I finish school in 1-2 years so I though if I at least up armor a tad I can play with the big boys so to speak. Evans was a true test of these bad boys. I was between Mr. Pickles and 5523 all day on Saturday and they can attest they saved my ride. All day they heard the sliders sliding over rocks while I pulled my self over.

P1000674.jpg

P1000672.jpg

P1000645.jpg

They did not even budge when slammed onto. I highly recommend them if you have the resources to make them work!

I will post pics of what damage the huge boulders may of done once I wash the rig, as they are packed with mud.

I'll vouch for these sliders. *Sorry for the 3-month delay since the run.* His rig did great. I have a '94 WD21 running 32" tires, 2" suspension lift and 3" body lift, and locked with a Lock Right in the rear. We all went over some stuff, and he came right along with the group, maybe with a bit of rubbing and grinding here and there, but the sliders got the job done. I want some for my rig. ;)

Been looking at picking up a set myself. If shipping up north is reasonable. It is pretty much cheaper to buy them them to make them myself.

Took some measurements on my truck and it looks like it would be the 67" ones that would fit.

:aok:

Edited by Northernpathy

Sorry Ty just got home, they were the 67" ones. hopefully they will get some use in Tahuya this Feb.

I would also pick up the gusset kit if you can its only $20 more and comes with all the plating you need.

Edited by SilverPath

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

someone needs to do a write up of how to actually install these on a r50, do you bolt the gussets or weld them? then dont you have to weld the tubes to the gussets or are you welding gusset already on slider to the gusset you welded to the frame? whats the deal, id like to add these to my short list of wanted parts, but since theyre kinda one off i dont want to get them and not have the same results?

When we did pamountainbiker's, I set the plates on the frame where I wanted them, then drilled and tapped one or 2 holes in each plate to the frame so they wouldn't move. Put the slider bars on blocks or jackstands (whatever it takes to get them where you want them front to rear and angle).Cut the frame to slider tubes to fit in between, then tack in place. When everything is where you want and tacked enough so it won't fall apart, pull the bolts out of the frame, set the bars on some sawhorses, weld all the joints, and put in the gussets. Paint them now, except for the frame plates. Bolt them back up, weld the plates to the frame, plug weld all the other holes in the brackets. It's not difficult, just took a bit of thought doing it the first time. It took us 1 nite to get the bars welded together, he got the bars bedlinered (should have just painted them), and about an hour to put them back on the truck and finish weld.