NEW 94

MY1PATH

Hey folks, my name is Garret, I currently live in washington between Lakewood and Spanaway.

Today me and my wife Trish bought a NEW94 with 4x4 and AT.

We plan to use this as a family car since I will be a dad in less than a week.

I poked arround and it seem there are allot of lifted rigs arround here with big tires. Mines stock and only has 30x9.50r15

I wanna keep it low and I heard there is an AT shift kit out there that will make this thing shift a little more snappy (where?). I may do MPG mods over time esp if they give a little more power too smile.gif

I paid $2700 for it tho I tried to talk them down to $2500 for several reasons (see bad below) In the end I took the deal @ their price becasue I'd rather pay too much for really good (imo) instead than pay just enough for worse. And facing it, most of what was on CL this week was worse.

The good;

one owner with regular maintainance and 218k miles (I hear that's not much for these motors)

no dents

no rust

cruise, abs, power window, power lock, keyless entry, alarm system, power heated mirrors...

E-AT (whatever that is)

Kenwood stereo

trailor hitch

rear air shocks with fitting on the bumper

The bad;

many minor scratches

small rip on otbd side of drivers seat

paint damage on hood (turning it gray)

cracked windshield (8" loop passenger corner)

sounds like a sewing machine untill its warm (lifters?)

tire carrier hinge is SHOT (hear that can be a pain) Help?

Cruise doesn't work and misc lights come on randomly (happened ever since the stereo was installed)

Leaks... T-case is wet and tranny oil pan is wet

Needs Timing belt change very soon

The timing belt is what made it a hard decision not that I can't do it just that it takes time and $$. If there was nothing wrong with it but paint, windshield, lifters and seat I wouldn't have tried to talk it down.

Also I heard there was somone in my neighborhood who did cams on his first timing belt change so I think I'm in good hands.

Once the sun is up tomorrow I'll snap some pics and figure out this picturebucket thing.

also, whats the stock tire size on these rigs? smiley_on_tredmil.gif

Edited by MY1PATH

:wtf: DUDE, come on!!! Seriously how many noobs do we have to tell this>>>:search:

And I'll be nice and show you where to find the rest. (I usually just grumble, which leads to a chain of sarcastic remarks from others and an upset noob).

Superior shift correction kit

How To Replace WD21 tire carrier bushings

Enjoy and get those damn pictures up on photobucket.com, its free.

Oh and I think stock tire sizes were:

235/75/15

265/75/15 (close to yours)

31x10.5x15

Another thing! Put an aftermarket cooler in before that autotragic slushbox blows up!

Edited by Kingman

also, whats the stock tire size on these rigs?

I was wondering the same thing. What size tires will fit without rubbing? I wish someone out there knew.

Congrats on bringing home the new family member. Congrats on the kid too :D

I'm seriously confused by this post. Is this real life?

E-AT just has two modes, "economy" and "power" just changes the shift points. cruise control issue on 94-95 must be common? my resume/accel button does not work. Also, the light for my cruise "enable" switch flickers occasionally. Stock size on SE trucks with legos is 31x10.50R15, stock size for XE trucks with chrome/steel wheels is 235/75R15.

Ok so here it is, it rained hard the whole way back from Gig harbor but today I got a few good sunny shots.

Justgotithome.jpgfairlyclean.jpg

The intior is clean and the boddy is not too bad. The other Pathfinder in the pic belongs to that guy I was talking about.

I think he's gonna help me with the t-belt and we'll get the lifters some other time...

th_hitch.jpg th_cleaninterior.jpgth_rounddash.jpg th_windowcrack.jpg

yall think $2700 was worth it?

I was wondering the same thing. What size tires will fit without rubbing? I wish someone out there knew.

:doh:

:shiftyeyes:

:bwack:

Stock tire size is 235/75/15 or 31" as mentioned. Congrats on the new pathy!!

Change the timing belt, do a crank case flush, install a tranny cooler and drive it. You are dealing with MPFI now so try not to be confused by the lack of antiques or rusted/rotting components... :D

Pushing it mileage wise in my opinion, but then there are different prices and availability depending on the area. It looks pretty damn clean inside though!!

I'm pretty shy about any vehicle over 200k and I paid a mere $600 more for an almost identical Pathy but with 96k miles instead of the 218k. :shrug:

HAHAHA!!! 4 door MPFI with newer dash, AT and electronic cluster!!

*points*

*laughs*

B

1. we know my feelings on fore didget price ranges...

2. MPFI, round dash, too many wires, the 'unibrow' lookin bugshield, Yamaka rack, 4 doors... your only mere steps away from a car50! almost time for some crocs and a polo shirt! :rofl:

3. Don't eat the big white mint!

1. we know my feelings on fore didget price ranges...

2. MPFI, round dash, too many wires, the 'unibrow' lookin bugshield, Yamaka rack, 4 doors... your only mere steps away from a car50! almost time for some crocs and a polo shirt! :rofl:

3. Don't eat the big white mint!

One day I will meet you. I will then slap you.

B

2. MPFI, round dash, too many wires, the 'unibrow' lookin bugshield, Yamaka rack, 4 doors... your only mere steps away from a car50!

bugsheild is gone, and the rack is not mine I'm just waiting for the PO to find the KEY.

looks clean!

I like your Nissan bug guard - mine broke in the car wash sad.gif

I just took it off, it had tons of road dust caked behind it.

No abrasion, it just never got washed off cause the guard blocks rain and water(but appearanly not dust)

If you want it I just happen to have a long and tall box from something else that might be made to fit it.

I'm not a bug guard person and its just one more thing for trish to break...

Also It needs an alignment should I take it to firestone?

Edited by MY1PATH

Just found a sticker, looks like the last belt was done late.

I still have another 30k before I need to start thinking about it.

Passed emissions with flying colors today. my scores were less than half of each minimum. AND the CO limit for cruise is 1.5% here I scored 0.02%