steps or no step

qx4paulo

No steps and get rid of those wheels!

ouch didnt think they were that bad.... they re on craigslist for sale now so i can get my 33"s and install the sfd..... but damn silv that was harsh.

sorry man but im with silvapathy on this too. low pros on a 4x4=Pointless 4x4... now on a two ricer, thats a different story.

Im never one for flashy wheels on a 4x4 it defeats the purpose. Steel wheels look the part of a 4x4 all while being a whole lot stronger and cheaper

mine arent a steel, but they have a rugged look to them...

ya i got em for 500 with the tires and ... i originally bought cragar soft 8s but i made the mistake of getting 15" rims and the hit the brake caliper. so the soft 8s and the new 31" tire cost me 800... i had to sell em quick and i found my current ones all in about 2days.. while my truck hung around on stands.. the original rims i had were titan 5 spoke oems.. looked great but a curb took a chunk out of the front one and ruined the rims, tire were shot aswell... so thats y i got the low pro's could have been worse... dubs..lol

so looking for some new wheels either d windows or cragar soft 8 but i can seem to pick a size between 16 or 17"

you can modify the break caliper easily to fit 15", at least that is what I have heard, I have 15" on my 03 and when I do change the break pads I will just grind of the little bit of the caliper that rubs.

They kinda flow with the side cladding you got there, but like em better off. And yea, the blings ain't too flattering around these parts, even if they ain't the worst designed ones I've seen.

(and so you know there's a free photobucket app for te iphone so you don't have to have your whole screen show up when posting pics :aok: )

you can modify the break caliper easily to fit 15", at least that is what I have heard, I have 15" on my 03 and when I do change the break pads I will just grind of the little bit of the caliper that rubs.

A lot of rubbing. My pad were new and i thought the same thing. But after some research everyone seemed to warn against grinding down the caliper so i sold em

A lot of rubbing. My pad were new and i thought the same thing. But after some research everyone seemed to warn against grinding down the caliper so i sold em

hmmm... I guess I will see when I change the pads.

i'd say keep them to keep the flow of your flares, but thats just me. wife's complainin that i havent got any yet, but she's pregnant and can barely get in

and yes, dem rims gotta go

Edited by skulptr

You say you are just waiting to gt 33"ers...is that just for looks or are you going to takie it off road at all???? Thats the ??? you need to ask yourself...if yes then the steps HAVE TO GO (or they will rip off) or if on road only..then i think you should leave the steps...they flow nice with the truck man!!!!

Tye

just my 2 cents

Im never one for flashy wheels on a 4x4 it defeats the purpose. Steel wheels look the part of a 4x4 all while being a whole lot stronger and cheaper

Just curious silva....are those not steps in your sig pic??????? Or sliders....LOL

Tye

You say you are just waiting to gt 33"ers...is that just for looks or are you going to takie it off road at all???? Thats the ??? you need to ask yourself...if yes then the steps HAVE TO GO (or they will rip off) or if on road only..then i think you should leave the steps...they flow nice with the truck man!!!!

Tye

just my 2 cents

i do want to offroad her.. problem is all the trail on the island are all close small trails.. quad trails mostly... when i had my yj i would just floor it and what ever got scratched or ripped off didnt really matter it was just a trail rig...

i do like the steps but its so much easier to enter/exit out of the truck kinda ironic

I think steps make a rig look classy (but NOT off-road worthy). Whenever I see steps on lifted rigs with oversized tires, I always wonder if it's a "mall" rig and for looks only. I only say that just in case that's NOT what you'd want people to think.

I will admit that the day I took mine off, I wondered why the heck I had left them on for so many years!!! I did however replace them with some stout rock sliders (Rocky Road Outfitters) with the kickout that helps serve as a step. I added some grip tape to them so the kido's can step up without slipping when its wet.

I don't mind your rims - to each his own, ya know. I'm personally a fan of black steelies (crager, pro comp, knock-off brands...don't really care, just like the look and functionality of them). I will say that they'd get ripped to shreds on trails around where I live...but if that's not a concern, who cares!

Insert $.02 here

Lol, am late to the party, but no steps.

You will like the truck more and it will look taller. Those Q's have the best body molding and wheel flares out there.

...those are NOT low-pros...those are tweeners. 17's are harder to make look natural on R50's (IMO). The truck looks like it feels uncomfortable with itself--they are not fitting the trucks Chi, but they may work with a more meaty option wrapped around them. In fact its not the wheels at all, its those tires! Larger MT's and no one would ask about them anymore, even if you don't lift fill the wheel wells.

Fueler has had a number of wheels, no matter what others thought, he always filled the wheel wells and the wheels looked great because of it!

Edited by 02silverpathy

no these wheels do gotta gooo.... there on my local craigslist.... gotta admit i love not having steps... although my girl hates it and my dog gives me a look like he knows there suppose to be steps there.... im acually install my version of your light bar (silv) so i did miss the steps while i was trying to dry fit the bar but now biggie..... truck looks so much better without em

hey rick13 wered u get those sliders can u send me some pics

After 13 years took the extremely rusted out, poorly designed tube step rails of my 97 this past spring and love it without em. Unless you have a functional need for em...pregnant wife, small young children, etc....I'd say pitch em.