WD 21 horsepower

shooter

can't anyone edit wikipedia? One thing that deters me from using it for good info... never know who edited it last. (and I have no clue on the actual #s)

yep, anyone can edit it - so it is not very reliable. I also read it on a couple of other sites - but for all I know they could have got their info from wikipedia, lol.

that would be a little hard to do.

the twist the frame in half thing...

our frames, as long as not rotted, are VERY strong.

I was trying to be sarcastic about that. But yes the pathfinder has a very durable frame.

LSA engine?really,your going to put to 15,000 wanna be honda engine into an at least a 15 year old truck.Why?they dont make tourqe below 3k where it should be made in a truck.It maybe ok in a dune jumper or a desert truck but not a whole lot of other things.

The LSA dose take a big jump in its torque at 2400. but that jump at 2400 it to above 500 ft-lbs. not like the 3.3L's 202 ft-lbs at 2800. It is not a honda engine by any means. Here I will attach a power curve that is a little de-rated as it is a production spec marine version we sale.

62lsapowercurve.jpg

But dont marine engines usally come with diffrent cams then car engines?

In most cases that is true, but the LY6,LS3, and LSA have the same cams for automotive and marine, although there is a LY6 made with a industrial cam set that produces more power at the low range but its max RPM is 4500. The only difference with the marine LS3 and LSA is that they have higher quality seals in several locations.

Then I was wrong on the Honda engine comment,I dont really care for the new style(vortec) gm engines so I dont keep up on them.But I didnt know they made that much power below 3k,would be a good truck engine.

The LSA and LS3 are good truck engines, The LQ4 and LY6 would both need cams done to be good truck engines. I have to deal with these things every day here at work is the only reason I know so much about them. Although we do have 1 LSA that We destroyed a piston -rod in seeing how much spark we could throw at them before detonation, that looks like with some honing could be rebuild able, so I am skeeming on a way to get them to give it to me supper cheep sense they can no longer sale it sense we sale new products only. If I ever manage to pull it off It will go in the pathfinder LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

It is amusing to think that the 1.8 liter in my old Integra made about 35 more horsepower than my Pathfinder, but about 30 less ft-lbs. Still ran like a bat out of hell when wrapped out to 9k.

Anyways, if I were going to drop another engine in the Pathy, it would be an RB26DETT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55UtXvSUZ0