Newbie Question

pmccallister

How many posts do i need in this forum before i can start answering peoples questions with just to use the search function?

After you've at least used it correctly! Little more info needed, what wheels you gonna run? What are you gonna use the truck for? Happy little cloud? There IS a tidbit of info hiddin in some dark corner of the forums on tire size fitment questions.

How many posts do i need in this forum before i can start answering peoples questions with just to use the search function?

26 ?

Edited by lint

Retract your claws everyone...

I am not certain of the answer to your question... for those who suggest a search, how bout you give the newb some help, and tell him what terms to search for, or where he can look.

Retract your claws everyone...

I just asked for more info :shrug: we know nothing about his truck since this was his first post... Is he runnin Legos/steelies/aftermarket(what width & backspacing then?).

Hey,

Thanks! I did attempt to use the search I searched " body lift tires" and "what tires with 3" body" nothing came up. I assumed someone could help, maybe someone with more experience. Instead I was treated poorly. I dont care ill just wait unitll i get the lift installed. Sorry for being excited about my new pathfinder. Thanks to everyone that was friendly. THe rest can go dildo themselves.

Phil

The saying around the forum goes "3 + 3 == 33's" Which means a 3" body lift, and a 3" suspension lift means 33's are perfect. One of the main reasons of doing a body lift is to fit bigger tires, and I'm sure you could go as big as 35". But as said in previous posts, more info about your current wheels are needed. Do you have the stock legos that came on the SE trucks? or do you have the steelies that were on the XE/LE trucks? Or do you have aftermarket wheels, which means wheels not put on your nissan from the factory. I run stock toyota wheels on mine, but they are still considered "aftermarket".

Thanks to everyone that was friendly. THe rest can go dildo themselves.

I understand the frustration, however the extra comments only fan the flames.

Hope you find the answer you need.

I have ran 31's, and now run 33's with the 3+3 lift. There is a link to my website with all the pics and info in my profile.

There is a ton of great information available here, both posted in threads and in the heads of the members. Even though sometimes it is easy to pop off a comment about search, etc, remembering the golden rule is key...

Welcome to the forums...

You can run 31x10.50 on those without any mods. Minor rubbing on frame rail at full turn. I mean really minor. I was running 31x10.50 on those same stock rims before I went for the 33s and new rims.

This is what it looked like:

P2060043a.jpg

You'll have to add your own mud.

You can run 31x10.50 on those without any mods. Minor rubbing on frame rail at full turn. I mean really minor. I was running 31x10.50 on those same stock rims before I went for the 33s and new rims.

This is what it looked like:

P2060043a.jpg

You'll have to add your own mud.

Thanks man. That looks nice. Is that with a 3" body lift?

Here is a link to the build on my pathfinder Rattle Trap. It now has a 3" BL and a 3" SL, But With just the 3" SL and minor trimming I was running 32" BFG all terrines (seen in 2nd Pic in thread). So I am assuming you could Run the same with just a 3" BL. I hope this helps.

Here is a link to the build on my pathfinder Rattle Trap. It now has a 3" BL and a 3" SL, But With just the 3" SL and minor trimming I was running 32" BFG all terrines (seen in 2nd Pic in thread). So I am assuming you could Run the same with just a 3" BL. I hope this helps.

Thanks man. You have done almost exactly what I would like to do to my pathfinder. I have been looking for a rear bumper like that for weeks. Mind letting me know where you got it? Also, what 3" suspension lift did you go with and where did you buy your spare tire rack?

Thanks.

Phil

My truck has the stock Steel Rims that came on the XE.

OK, gotta help us a little to help you :aok: As said 31"s will fit on there, Possibly 32"s with some trimming Soem people might throw a fit though runnign a 11.5" wide tire on the narrow steel wheel (I forget the width of the steelies, but remember the legos are 7" wide and are wider than the steelies)... I don't think that is exactly recomended. Don't forget to adjust your torsion bars too, if theyre sagged out your gonna loose some clearance as well and an adjustment or re-indexing may be added to your to do list.

OK, gotta help us a little to help you :aok: As said 31"s will fit on there, Possibly 32"s with some trimming Soem people might throw a fit though runnign a 11.5" wide tire on the narrow steel wheel (I forget the width of the steelies, but remember the legos are 7" wide and are wider than the steelies)... I don't think that is exactly recomended. Don't forget to adjust your torsion bars too, if theyre sagged out your gonna loose some clearance as well and an adjustment or re-indexing may be added to your to do list.

Thanks man. I think im either gone run 31" 10.5 r15 or possibly purchase wider rims and attempt to run 31x12.5 does that sound like a good plan?

I ran 31x10.5 on the steelies they are 15x6 inch rims. I didn't have any problems and they wore evenly but they did look ballooned.

24327_390712709232_510114232_3539813_6482809_n.jpg

That looks good to me. Now I just neet to find a grill guard and a rear bumber and Im ready.