What in the hell?

VW_Factor

Diconnect it and find out....while everthing is on including the engine. Just what I would do......I'm not a profeesional mechanic though and I take no responsibilty for what might happen....LOL......but nothing bad ever happened to me yet on my pathy, and I've diconnected just about every electrical connector I can get my hands on to check them and also see what they do sometimes. Just a thought......someone else may disagree I'm sure.

No auto climate control AFAIK. I mean, the temp slider has temps written on it, however they are no where near close.. hah..

No airbags or the like, and everything seems to work normally with it unplugged.

/stumped

That is the location of the ambient temp sensor for the auto climate controls. Yesterday I was mucking around and found out that full hot on mine is 150 degrees. sweltering!

Nice! After ditching my clutch fan and changing the t stat and the coolant...my heat actually worked for once...(and my wife didn't complain anymore.)

Hit it with a hammer!

This comment brought back a memory...

Funny (not at the time) and true (seriously, it happened) story....

My wife had a 1996 Saturn SL2 and bumped into a lady at an intersection, didn't hardly do any damage, just spider webbed the paint a bit, and crinkled some plastic... a few hours later, it is sitting in the driveway, windows down...the kids are in the little pool, and the wife and I are sitting in lawn chairs enjoying some time together...all of a sudden...BAWOOM!! The two airbags (steering wheel and dash) deploy...now how in the HELL do you explain that to the insurance company?? Went to the JY and got the dash piece and a new steering wheel...sold that POS...(my wife wouldn't drive it anymore, said it was possessed!)

Nice! After ditching my clutch fan and changing the t stat and the coolant...my heat actually worked for once...(and my wife didn't complain anymore.)

This comment brought back a memory...

Funny (not at the time) and true (seriously, it happened) story....

My wife had a 1996 Saturn SL2 and bumped into a lady at an intersection, didn't hardly do any damage, just spider webbed the paint a bit, and crinkled some plastic... a few hours later, it is sitting in the driveway, windows down...the kids are in the little pool, and the wife and I are sitting in lawn chairs enjoying some time together...all of a sudden...BAWOOM!! The two airbags (steering wheel and dash) deploy...now how in the HELL do you explain that to the insurance company?? Went to the JY and got the dash piece and a new steering wheel...sold that POS...(my wife wouldn't drive it anymore, said it was possessed!)

Delayed reaction much? :blink: There is a reason I hate those explosives in the dash of new cars!

• 3 weeks later...