Do pathy's beep?

Kyle94

i just had an alarm put in yesterday and parked and locked it, with key and alarm, in my driveway last night, when to start it today it beeped for the first 3-5 seconds when the key was turned to the on position.... i have already taken the annoying door chime out, now im wondering what this beep is... texted the guy that put the alarm in, and he said that he didnt put anything that beeped in... besides the horn and siren, if thats what i meant.... and told him no it wasnt the horn... so now im confused on what this beep is from... :scratchhead:

i just had an alarm put in yesterday and parked and locked it, with key and alarm, in my driveway last night, when to start it today it beeped for the first 3-5 seconds when the key was turned to the on position.... i have already taken the annoying door chime out, now im wondering what this beep is... texted the guy that put the alarm in, and he said that he didnt put anything that beeped in... besides the horn and siren, if thats what i meant.... and told him no it wasnt the horn... so now im confused on what this beep is from... :scratchhead:

Door chime? Mine doesnt sound with the door open, but it does go beep beep beep beep with the key on the "ON" position

key in "on" position I get a generic, obviously from the 80's import 'beep beep' pattern for a couple seconds... your just payin atention now

...or cleaned the lube out of your ears :chairfall:

Is there a fasten seat belt light on the dash flashing when you turn the key? My 95 does and thats what I use as a timer to start the truck. Gives the fuel pump time to cycle on and off and it starts a lot faster that way

There are two separate alert systems:

1. Door chime to remind you that your lights are on and/or the keys are still in the ignition when the door is open

2. Seat belt reminder beep and light to tell you to put your seat belt on (pretty much just annoy you to hell)

key in "on" position I get a generic, obviously from the 80's import 'beep beep' pattern for a couple seconds... your just payin atention now

...or cleaned the lube out of your ears :chairfall:

haha, i think the weather affects some of the stuff on this truck, like the last couple of days it been hot and ive noticed that the dash illumination lights take a couple seconds to come on....

And how does one get lube in their ears? NEVER MIND DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!

Maybe the alarm guy dropped his phone or pager

nah, considering it only does it when the key is turned on.... lmao.

I think mine beeps a couple time, like a "put your seat belt on" dinger.

yeah im gonna go with the weather affects how things work in this truck again...

Is there a fasten seat belt light on the dash flashing when you turn the key? My 95 does and thats what I use as a timer to start the truck. Gives the fuel pump time to cycle on and off and it starts a lot faster that way

i think there is but there never used to be a beep to go along with it...

There are two separate alert systems:

1. Door chime to remind you that your lights are on and/or the keys are still in the ignition when the door is open

2. Seat belt reminder beep and light to tell you to put your seat belt on (pretty much just annoy you to hell)

disconnected #1 and i think #2 is what im hearing...

Yeah, 5 short beeps for the seat belt warning. I don't mind it, now that door dinger on the other hand...

thats exactly how many i hear... i counted earlier...

Ditto on the seatbelt warning, but not on the door chime... that don't bother me either.

door chime is helpful, cept when ur working with the doors open, then i get pissed and disconnect the MOFO... lol

Well I guess I can agree with you on that. It doesn't bother me because it's no longer there. It's in about 50 pieces in a landfill somewhere.

hahah i have mine, its still in the kickpanel but it is just there, not plugged in.

if you didnt notice it before, maybe there was a glitch in your system. when your mech disconnected the battery to install your security system, it was disconnected long enough to reset the computer. Thats my best guess... ive been disconnecting mine a lot since i was welding on my truck. My seatbelt warning is really loud

I drove my truck last night for the first time in a couple days so I couldn't really remember if I had seatbelt reminder dinger, and it turns out I don't. Though, my door ajar is not a beep, it's a solid high pitched tone, which I've come to block out. Drives everyone else bonkers though.

when I got home from work Friday, I got out of my Sentra and heard beeping, thought it was just cause the door was open, so I locked it and shut it, than stuck my hand in my pocket to get my keys to open the house and realized what the beeping was !! Looked thru the window and keys were still in the ignition! LOL, that's why I always keep and extra on a key ring on my lunch bag!!

if you didnt notice it before, maybe there was a glitch in your system. when your mech disconnected the battery to install your security system, it was disconnected long enough to reset the computer. Thats my best guess... ive been disconnecting mine a lot since i was welding on my truck. My seatbelt warning is really loud

he didnt disconnect the alarm, since he had to find hot wires to hook it up to(ie. the horn, and door sensors..), and i have had the battery cable off all night before and it didnt do anything except reset the way the air/fuel mixture was(someone drilled holes in the air box, and i taped them shut with really strong tape...) :thumbsdown:

when I got home from work Friday, I got out of my Sentra and heard beeping, thought it was just cause the door was open, so I locked it and shut it, than stuck my hand in my pocket to get my keys to open the house and realized what the beeping was !! Looked thru the window and keys were still in the ignition! LOL, that's why I always keep and extra on a key ring on my lunch bag!!

lol, thats good, i gave my mom the other key and fob, just incase somethin like that happens, or the key breaks...