New From Alberta

Duzzey

Hey All...

Name is Adam...Just bought my first Pathfinder this week, bought it for a Weekend Warrior toy, do some camping, muddin', or whatever I throw it's way. I also drive a MKV turbo Jetta for my daily. I live in Medicine Hat, Alberta. I bought a 95 Pathfinder w/ 5 Speed and about 200K on it. Seems to be pretty decent shape, has a couple areas of concern but it is something I can learn on as far as repairing it goes..Has the dreaded manifold tick, the clutch whines sometimes, and for some reason upon taking off there is a clunk coming from somewhere in the rear. I work for a dealer and my mechanic told me its probably bushings...but I would rather do the work myself so I will soon find out..Open to suggestions as well :crossedwires:

Either way i plan to have some fun with it and am glad to have found a large community dedicated to them...Anyway here is a quick pick

pathy.jpg

Edited by Duzzey

Howdy Duzzy!! Welcome to NPORA and congrats on the new toy!!

.Open to suggestions as well

You bought a lemon, get rid of it.

Just kidding... :D

Does it have the LSD rear end (hint, look for an orange sticker on the back of it) and when was the last time the timing belt was changed. This is not something to gamble with...

B

Howdy Duzzy!! Welcome to NPORA and congrats on the new toy!!

You bought a lemon, get rid of it.

Just kidding... :D

Does it have the LSD rear end (hint, look for an orange sticker on the back of it) and when was the last time the timing belt was changed. This is not something to gamble with...

B

Timing belt was done @ 195kms...so that's good. I will look at the rear end when I get home...thanks for the welcome!

hey welcome! I just fixed my door handle last week, looked exactly like yours before I had gotten to it

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26868&st=20 just scroll down a bit and you'll see how it's all laid out

I'm in North Edmonton, PM if you organize some wheeling runs in the area :)

also taking on a few big repair projects of my own, don't suppose you know how to weld? :D:welcome:

Thx foe the info..ya the handle is what it needs to pass a safety. And unfortunately I can't weld...however I can xray them, not that that's any help ha!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome. Seeing that the timing belt has been covered, I would check your rear frame for rust and that your u-joints are good. That could cause the clunking too.

Thx foe the info..ya the handle is what it needs to pass a safety. And unfortunately I can't weld...however I can xray them, not that that's any help ha!

ah, no need to weld, it's just those two bolts in the inner panel holding the handle on

go to a local junk yard, pop those two bolts out and then should bolt right into your rig.

that rod has a single blue push clip to attach it to the handle (a pair of needle nose pliers will allow you to pinch it enough to slide it out of the old one,

then the other end just sits in that bottom 'mount plate'. no screws, no clips, no welding :)

you'll see it a lot better once you have it apart yourself lol :beer:

35817_405700326466_601766466_4901667_2532757_n.jpg

a 1/4" ratchet with... either an 8mm or a 10mm socket (i forget which) and a pair of needle nose pliers are all you need

hope you get it fixed up

I love that colour!!

Edited by Manifesto

I'll try to find the site I used when I had to replace my door handle. Someone had made a step by step process of taking the door apart for speakers and I found it really usefull. Once you have everything apart it's pretty easy to swap the actual handles out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, welcome Duzzey.....i like that colour too...i cant believe how good the body looks(from here) All the other little things will come together in the end...good luck!!

Tye