New Nissan Patrol

180sx

I agree. 4 wheel independent suspension and it looks overweight to me. Still, 500 hp would be nice!! :D

But if they don't sell it in the US, it doesn't really matter what we think...

B

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_1002_2010_nissan_patrol_drive/index.html

According to motortrend, its headed here as the next QX56...Wish it still had Solid Axles...oh well.

Jose

I still don't see all the amazing "solid axle" talk. I mean yeah. less to break. Gotcha. But I don't want my left side wheel moving when my right side wheel is climbing up something. Just personal opinion on it though. Always had better luck out of independent as opposed to solid axles.

And it's alright. Fender vent is ugly. And it's really bulbous. But the QX56 looks terrible. I stand by my opinion they need another QX4 sized vehicle and some differences than just a badge (like the two previous QX's had).

this picture is cool though

2010-Nissan-Patrol-13-450x281.jpg

I still don't see all the amazing "solid axle" talk. I mean yeah. less to break. Gotcha. But I don't want my left side wheel moving when my right side wheel is climbing up something. Just personal opinion on it though. Always had better luck out of independent as opposed to solid axles.

The one side moving the other side is actually one of the benefits of a solid axel.

From what I have heard they are looking at doing an Oz model, still with solid rear end. That one is specifically for the UAE/Saudi crew. Time will tell if the mighty 'trol is dead and buried here, even some cruisers have IFS now.

I couldn't look at that thing in my driveway... of course I don't like how most new cars look and have a thing against newer safety crap.

What a piece of junk. I would consider a Y60 or Y61 (GU) but not that truck. Don't worry, you can still get axles on the Nissan Patrol Cab and Chassis

http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/Patrol_Cab_Chassis_model.html

Damn, now I want to buy one of those CCs and make my own rear for it!!

B

What the hell are you guys complaining about? I'm pretty sure the independent suspension setup on that Patrol is pretty good. Of course I would like to see some testing/abuse of it.

According to a review i read (sorry forgot the link) the IFS/IRS performs just as good, if not better in some situations, as the solid axles. It's still a shame though. So many vehicles these days are losing their axles for the sake of the 'whiners' who want refinement. Are there not enough vehicles that provide this already?

Jose

I couldn't look at that thing in my driveway... of course I don't like how most new cars look and have a thing against newer safety crap.

Same here, I would rather have mandatory 5 point restraints rather than a bomb in my steering wheel.

It looks really nice and... pretty... Kinda looks like they turned it into another grocery getter though.

Any option for a manual trans? If it had a stick I'd use it for grocery runs =)

But if I wanted to go play in the mud and not get stuck, think I'd still grab the keys to a trusty (well.. errr.. trusty-ish) WD21 over the new Patrol...

imo anyway

But if I wanted to go play in the mud and not get stuck, think I'd still grab the keys to a trusty (well.. errr.. trusty-ish) WD21 over the new Patrol...

imo anyway

Mine is absolutely reliable. Must be owner dependent... :shrug:

:lol:

B

Mine is absolutely reliable. Must be owner dependent... :shrug:

:lol:

B

Yours is still pretty young as well with barely over 100K. It should be expected to be bulletproof.

That Patrol is fugly!

I like safety features in cars. The lives they save are a testament to it I'm sure. But that's another argument.

IFS and IRS.. Dunno about rear for offroading. But everyone save the SVT Raptor and Silverado and all BS about being IFS and honestly i like it alot more than any vehicle I've driven that had a Straight axle put in. Felt much safer and steadier. Just hitting a rock on one side moving the other wheel to me is completely useless for the most part. But i've never crawled huge rocks or anything like that.

I will tell you guys what this thing is like in about a month. I have new model traing for the new QX!

Take a hammer with you and "beauty" it up.

Can't make it any uglier than it already is.

It really does depend on the design of the independent suspension. The IFS on the F150 Raptor is amazing for example.

Yeah I'd love to have the Raptor if it were possible. Too many projects now lol. And it'd have to have the 6.2L V8. That's a must for that truck.

• 2 months later...

Well, had a two day class for this thing last week. I gotta say, its growing on me. The interior is awsome. Nice touch to everything, well laid out. A few things were moved around to prevent problems that the old version had. As far as the outside, well, its growing on me. The ass is kind of big, not terrible. Certianly can tell "brand styling" has taken over. It feels smaller, but its not. Oh, those fender vents are functional! Helps pull heat from the engine bay. The coolest thing has got to be the suspension. It is a system that was originally in racing, but was outlawed due to a unfair advantage. Its a closed, high pressure fluid transfer system. No sensors, no crap. Basicly, when one side or corner is compressed, fluid is pushed to either the opposite side or corner to keep the vehicle level. Yes, no one is really going to take this thing off-road. But who takes thier Escalade off road? This thing is a big step up from the previous. If you got money, and need a big vehicle, I would highly recommend taking this thing for a spin. You got other questions about it? Just ask!