Today's Junkyard Finds

ahardb0dy

Went to the local junkyard today got some good stuff, alot of things I needed here is a pic:

2iurjfq.jpg

I got a bunch or relays, 2 door lock clips 2 door lock sensors (one I cut the harness), the pass. side front door window rubber, THE GLOVE BOX LATCH !!!!! that alone was worth the trip!!, rear cargo area top trim, battery hold down, battery hook, plug from the engine harness, front and rear wiper washer pumps one looks almost new, visor transfer case shifting instruction label (mine is worn out), and some assorted screws and bolts, not bad for $21, oh can't say I told them about everything I took home.....

no, that was from my Hardbody, and it is not from AC it was from Jim Connor Racing, I just stripped the paint and repainted it to use on the pathfinder, I am going to put an original Jim Connor Racing sticker on it after I put it on the truck

I cant believe you found some washer pumps. I been trying to find a pull-a-part pathfinder that had one that looked like it was good enough to work, if it was even there at all, for almost a year.

no, that was from my Hardbody, and it is not from AC it was from Jim Connor Racing, I just stripped the paint and repainted it to use on the pathfinder, I am going to put an original Jim Connor Racing sticker on it after I put it on the truck

So, it's sounding more and more like AC bought a lot of Connor's designs.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/front-skid-plate-p-352.html

bought or copied their designs, there were 4 pathfinders at this junkyard, a 94, two 93's and a 92 I think, I know only the 94 had the round dash. And the last Nissan I saw was a Hardbody pickup, talk about stripped it was just the cab laying on the ground, no frame no bed no engine NOTHING, but it had the one thing that made my day, the glove box latch and even though it's not the one with the lock it still fit in the pathfinder glove box and it works !! The wiper washer bottle the 94 had one but the pumps looked like they had been leaking, I got the 2 I took from the 93, the front one looks (and now that I put it in works and no leaks BONUS!!), stil have not come across a good transfer case shift boot or working pneumatic struts. Oh the window rubber on my pathfinder was so brittle it came out in about 10 peices, but the one I bought today went right in with some WD40 to help it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hit 3 junkyards today, left the house at 8:00 a.m. and got home around 4:30 long hot ( mid 90's) day. Found the rear inside light cover finally than realized the base needs replacement!! figures, got a transfer case shift boot (upper part) out of a hardbody, it is slightly different due to the console being different but it should work ok. Got the other window weather stripping, the pin to hold the spare tire carrier open and found the tool bag with all the tools including the 10" long spark plug socket tool all that stuff looks like it was never even out from under the rear seat, I didn't buy it but the jack rod and jack looked brand new too. I also found the glove box light and switch which I installed already and works perfectly. Pulled 3 hub bolts out to replace the one I had to cut the head off on one of my hubs, and some little bulbs and clips. Good day total cost was about $12. Found 3 pathfinders at this junkyard I was never at before 1 2 door and 2 four doors, at the last junkyard there was an 87 2 door and the paint looked like it just came from the dealer, it only had rear tires but who ever owned it was running 33-12.50's on the stock wheels with no lift!! bet they were tight!! LOL that's about it for now.

• 3 years later...

Todays junkyard items, 09-22-13

Today we (my buddy Mike from work), went to two junkyards, pathfinders and hardbody's galore at the second one, at least 5 WD21's and 2 or 3 R50's,

I found carpet from a 2wd pathfinder that was 100% better than mine, (anything is better than mine considering I have none on the pass side front !!), I took the front and rear seat carpet, needs a cleaning but it matches my interior (grey),got a underhood insulation, a like new looking steering wheel and horn pad, Grey too !!, leather transfer case shifter knob out of a LE, transfer case shifter boot, the rubbers that the hood sits on, the plastic ramp the spare tire carrier sits on, the high pressure AC line, looked like a replacement still had a brand sticker on it. A drivers door lock cylinder,

Non pathfinder parts for my 90 Sentra:

speedometer cable, gauge cluster voltage regulator, the plastic part that goes on the steering column that the headlamp and wiper switches screw into, bunch of screws from pulling the gauge cluster and trim out,

non Nissan:

nice long piece of 8 (maybe 6) gauge Rockford Fosgate red power wire with a inline fuse holder

pictures below:

front carpet ( have to cut out for the transfer case shifter, think I'll just cut a slit in it, than have to install 2 snaps for the boot):

2nkuoaw.jpg

rear seat carpet:

1zyaf4p.jpg

underhood insulation (out of a red truck can you tell ! lol) :

n4coyv.jpg

steering wheel and horn pad:

29f8s43.jpg

LE leather transfer case shifter knob and misc parts listed above:

15ry7b5.jpg

RF power wire and fuse holder:

33e35aa.jpg

transfer case boot:

2yv095i.jpg

A/C line high side:

m9yptt.jpg

Sentra speedometer cable:

nvr0i0.jpg

OH !!!! really pissed me off not only did we find one sunroof shade but we found TWO of them but both had seen better days, the one was better than mine but it had a crack in the center and one end was ripped (underneat) so I passed on them,

Today's total both junkyards $ 87

Was a good day other than feeling like I got beat up driving home, and walking a few miles in the 90 degree heat !!!

Edited by ahardb0dy

you have R50s in your yards? I need a part, the Automatic shift indicator section. Ill take a pic for you tomorrow and see if you can snag one for me. I'll reimburse you.

Question: How in the heck do you remove the transfer case shift knob? Screw on? Push on? I need to remove mine. Have no clue. Dont want to break any more stuff.

Well there were two of them in the one yard, here is the list:

Nissan Pathfinder 1994
Nissan Pathfinder 1995
Nissan Pathfinder 1995
Nissan Pathfinder 1995
Nissan Pathfinder 1997
Nissan Pathfinder 1998
Nissan Pickup 1986
Nissan Pickup 1986
Nissan Pickup 1989
Nissan Pickup 1992
Nissan Pickup 1993
Nissan Pickup 1995
Nissan Pickup 1996
Nissan Pickup 1997

We have a guy at work who has the strongest hands out of anyone I have ever met, this guy always will walk up behind you and grab your neck like he's giving a massage except when he does it to me I'll drop to my knees as it hurts so bad !!

Well one day he was out on a water leak and had to use this crimping tool where you have to squeeze the two halves together ( looks like 2 short pieces of pipe where the bottoms lock together and the top has a latch you swing over to keep it closed),

You slip the 1" poly tubing into the open end of the tool, squeeze it together than with your other hand close the latch, he had called me over to help him with the leak, when I got there this guy with his strong hands couldn't close the tool enough to latch it, so I told him let me try, he was really struggling with it, he gave it to me and I squeezed it closed with one hand ( he was using both hands and couldn't do it ), and latched it with my other hand.

I couldn't believe he couldn't do it, guess age is catching up with him.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Thinking now, I should have bought the sunroof shades and fixed them, oh well maybe next week I know where they are if they are still there,

the 2 sunroof shades were slightly different sizes when I layed one on top of the other, I think one was from a SE-V6 Hardbody the other was from a WD21,

also I noticed where the rear of the shade has the 2 plastic screws that screw into the receptacle on the glass, the one truck (hardbody maybe didn't recall) looked like it had a diifferent type of female receptacle ( or what ever you want to call them), they looked like they were squeezed together not round like I have always seen before ???????

The one shade did not have the plastic screws in it so couldn't see what they looked like, it almost looked like the rear of the shade would just push in instead of screwing the plastic screws into the part on the glass ????