Is There Really A Problem With Ac Uca's?

facebones

The AC UCA's don't do anything to assist ball joint angle when you crank the t-bars to lift the truck. They follow the same dimensions as the stock UCA's. They're tougher, sure, but don't correct the ball joint angle like the Calmini, or Superlift (RoughCountry) UCA's do.

The AC UCA's don't do anything to assist ball joint angle when you crank the t-bars to lift the truck. They follow the same dimensions as the stock UCA's. They're tougher, sure, but don't correct the ball joint angle like the Calmini, or Superlift (RoughCountry) UCA's do.

So apparently they are allowed to lie to people? I also emailed them to ask and they said it does change the angle. With my past experience with those morons I am more inclined to believe what is posted on this forum. Here is a screenshot of their description:

snip1.jpg

The hell with AC.

I run the AC UCAs and the ones I got were definitely longer and had the upper ball joint mount at a much different angle than the stock pieces. Once the T-bars were cranked, the parts all lined up quite nicely. While they are not as beefy as the calmini pieces, I've done some relatively challenging trails with mine without issue. The frame mounts will shear off before the UCAs will fail.

a long time ago there was a guy here - (88pathoffroad -) , who tore some shiite up running them but he had BJ spacers too, I'm sure if you search enough you could find the post. just my :my2cents:

Edited by headpeace

I have the Superlift UCAs on my pathfinder and AC on my pickup. Maybe I have an older pair of AC arms, but they didn't seem to have any ball joint correction built into them. I don't really care though since upper BJs are super easy and cheap to replace. I also have a pair of Calmini UCAs sitting in my shop. I think I would rather sell them than swap out the AC arms. Any takers?

If you look on N4W there is a guy who made a wedge shaped BJ spacer and misalignment washers to position his BJ's correctly on his BJ.

It may be hit and miss but I also don't like how the tubing ends in a gusset to the BJ mouting where RC/Superlift arems the tubing goes all the way to the end of the BJ mounting thus elimnating the need for a gusset.

i run the AC UCAs. I've had my front end cranked high, low and in the middle with them. I've always managed to get a good alignment regardless of the ride height, but I am on my 3rd set of upper balljoints and my 2nd set of lowers. The AC arms are supposed to be longer than stock which they say helps the BJ angle when you really crank up the front end. I still needed shims behind the spindle to get it right, and I didn't like the way the truck handled so I let the front end back down again. Look how the superlift and rancho arms have a slight upward bend to the ends of them. That's what keeps the balljoint as level as possible when you lift the front end. AC's arms are straight.

Plus i think the claim of giving you more wheel travel is a crock. They might give you a tiny more droop with low-profile bumpstops, but nothing significant enough to merit a selling feature.

Edited by nige