Front Bumper After 3" Lift

Yendor

Ok. I've got my 3" body lift in and all I have left to do is the front bumper. I went over all the threads about lifting, but no one posted any info or pics on how to mount the front bumper. The kit comes with 4 bumper relocation brackets, but for the life of me, I can only figure out how to get 2 brackets in there. Can someone post some info/pics on how they did it?

Heres how I did mine. I used the brackets that came with the body lift kit.

The bottom factory whole was utilized when I first installed it but after a few times that ive removed and reinstalled the bumper I stripped the factory threaded hole but no problem I just drilled it out bigger and used bigger nuts and bolts (grade 8) once I got the bottom bracket installed in place I had a buddy push up on the bumper and in so that I can line up the bumper to where i wanted it so sit then drilled another hole just a bit below the elongated hole to the right. Im going to be drilling another hole where the green arrow is pointed soon as I get some time. Its held up fine for 3 years now.The only time I had a problem with it is when my pathy got stolen and tried to tow it from the brush guard and the guard it bolted on to the bumpers also and it snapped the weak bolt. I since upgraded all the bolts to a bigger and stronger grade

For me this worked out great coz I can adjust the bumpers to where I want it positioned

1267469676021337900.jpg

1267469934037860900.jpg

I posted this elsewhere, but I'm not sure where... :shrug:

Remember, the stock Pathfinder pumper is very weak, and once you use these pathetic brackets, the bumper is purely an ornament...

Here is a picture of the top view of the passenger side of a 2" lift, but it is the same thing.

Truck018.jpg

And a side view. I used the bolts to bend the brackets, it helped to add extra tension to the entire useless set up.

Truck020.jpg

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any additional questions.

B

Thanks for the info guys. I managed to get it on using the brackets as shown. I'm finally done! My forearms sure took a beating. I'll see if I can get some pics myself.

Cool, glad you got it together. Now just don't ever hit anything more stout than a shopping cart at anything faster than 5mph!!

Yes, please take pictures and post them so they are in the same place. Many people have talked these brackets, what a pain they are to figure out and how weak the set up is but I do not recall the pictures being comprehensive.

Anyone else, feel free to show what you did with the front bumper brackets also. :aok:

B

B if you put another bolt or 2 where I had the green arrow pointing I can guarantee you that bumper aint going nowhere. If you look at the 2 brackets you have there isnt anything fastened on the chasis without a bracket. No matter how tight you tighten those bolts theres still a chance of the brackets moving on all fastening point.

My top bracket is only there as a washer but it is bolted directly on the chassis

1267501499017528000.jpg

B if you put another bolt or 2 where I had the green arrow pointing I can guarantee you that bumper aint going nowhere. If you look at the 2 brackets you have there isnt anything fastened on the chasis without a bracket. No matter how tight you tighten those bolts theres still a chance of the brackets moving on all fastening point.

My top bracket is only there as a washer but it is bolted directly on the chassis

1267501499017528000.jpg

Putting a bolt through there will attach the bumper to the inner fender well, which could cause more damage in even a mild hit.

I'm not too sure about that, I'd have to look in there again. It was really just a temporary measure to mount the stock bumper so I had turn signals, otherwise I would have machined a mount extension and thrown those stupid strips of metal away. ;)

This is how it is set up now, so I don't have to deal with it anymore... :D

DSC_0175.jpg

B