Anyone Installed This Lift Kit?

Vanganator

Anyone have this lift kit on their pathfinder?

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=54

Didn't see this lift in any of the forums. Should I spend more and get the $700.oo one??

I don't plan to wheel my pathfinder much, mostly used for light trail riding and mild mud. Not deep mud. ...want to fit at least 32's...

the coils are good but those UCA's don't correct the ball joint angle, they only help with alignment.

Find a compromise, you can get the coils from 4x4 parts and then get somone elses UCA's and then some longer shocks in the back.

the coils are good but those UCA's don't correct the ball joint angle, they only help with alignment.

Find a compromise, you can get the coils from 4x4 parts and then get somone elses UCA's and then some longer shocks in the back.

Thanks for the info. Will probably just do that then. Which UCA's do you recommend getting them from? Calmini?

Thanks for the info. Will probably just do that then. Which UCA's do you recommend getting them from? Calmini?

I was stubborn, I went with calmini. I must say they are the heaviest and beefest UCA's out there(overbuilt) and work best for 2-2.5"

They are well known for their past squeaking issues but their newer bushings and the use of Energy Suspension Formula 5 has remedied that.

they did not prep the metal very well for the powdercoat (welding slag is still on metal :( ) and the Ball joint cutouts didn't match the fastener holes by about 1/16"

eventually I well cut out some of the extra material on the UCA because it hits my rancho shocks and also makes it hard to torque check the UCA bolts unless I jack the front end.

Would I do it again? Possibly, they are beefy as hell and I'm stubborn like that...

Rough Country/ Superlift is your best bet since Rancho doesn't make em anymore.

I bought 3" lift srpings for the jeep XJ Cherokee(front springs for our rear) from rough country and cut the pigtail off. their 3" lift spring is the same spring rate as the stock pathfinder spring (only its 3" taller) making it the softest spring option for the pathfinder. Likely only 2.5" lift for a 4dr. (it also allows the most drop without losing the spring)

i got exactly 3" from the XJ springs, but idk how sagged mine were

I used NEW aftermarket springs for the XJ advertised @ 3" of lift for the XJ cherokee. (not grand)

Edited by MY1PATH

Anyone have this lift kit on their pathfinder?

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=54

Didn't see this lift in any of the forums. Should I spend more and get the $700.oo one??

I don't plan to wheel my pathfinder much, mostly used for light trail riding and mild mud. Not deep mud. ...want to fit at least 32's...

I run this lift, and so far, so good. I run the NAPA chassis grade ball joints and keep them well-greased. The Upper ball joint will probably have a shorter life, but most components on vehicles used off-road regularly are going to require more maintenance anyway. The uppers are easy to replace anyway. The lift bolted right up, and I don't have any rubbing issues. I would get a panhard bracket from CalMini to make aligning everything a little easier.

it is all covered here somewhere, I think in the garage section. The UCAs correct for ball joint angle, front JGC springs are what you want, I didn't need a compressor to put mine in, depends on how you do it, probably easier with a spring compressor though

Edited by headpeace

it is all covered here somewhere, I think in the garage section. The UCAs correct for ball joint angle, front JGC springs are what you want, I didn't need a compressor to put mine in, depends on how you do it, probably easier with a spring compressor though

alright good to know bc im gonna be putting in the jgc coils tomorrow and dont want to have to spend 15 bucks on a coil compressor from princess auto....

How does these lift kits work anyways? Is it because the UCA is longer, thus changing the angle of the ifs to create the lift?

MY1PATH- Are these the calmini UCA you talking about?

http://www.purenissa...ontrol_arms.htm

those are the ones I have, Beefy but not without issues...

The UCA itself does not provide the lift, what it does is allow you to lift the vehicle without throwing out the alignment (depending on how much you crank the t-bars)

I more meant how sagged my old stocks were, I used the same springs as you (rough country right?)

Yes, I misread your post.

well if im correct i think they mean the stock front springs from the jeep now actual lift springs for a jeep, I might be wrong though.

NO, as stated above I used NEW aftermarket frpmt springs for the XJ advertised @ 3" of lift for the XJ cherokee. (not grand)

You can Call RC and order them seperate from the kit http://roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_3.html (PN 9262 @ $129 a pair) or they often pop up on e-bay as well

Are these the 3" Springs you guys talking about??

http://cgi.ebay.com/...atchlink:top:en

Yes, also found here http://roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_3.html (PN 9262 @ $129 a pair)

alright good to know bc im gonna be putting in the jgc coils tomorrow and dont want to have to spend 15 bucks on a coil compressor from princess auto....

We actually went and bought NEW springs for a JGC v8 today. They are the moog variable rate ones hopefully they will work alright.

I purchased some JGC coils also. Used, but from a V8. Curious to know how much longer they are from the Pathy's original coils? How much lift do you get from the JGC coils?