Factory Fog Light Switch

So yesterday I went to the junkyard and looked through some 20 pathfinders to see if I could find me any goodies. I got me a factory fog light switch (orange push pull) out of a 87 model where the switch was mounted under the rear wiper/hazard switches in the little recess on the lower part of the dash. Now on my 88 that I'm thinking about putting it in, there is a plastic round plug on the left side of the steering column underneath the dimmer switch and cruise switches. When I took the plastic plug out of the hole (where I'm guessing the switch would mount) the hole in the dash was a semicircle shape and not a full circle like the 87 model I got the switch out of. Does anyone have a picture of the factory foglight switch in the dash? Thanks!

So yesterday I went to the junkyard and looked through some 20 pathfinders to see if I could find me any goodies. I got me a factory fog light switch (orange push pull) out of a 87 model where the switch was mounted under the rear wiper/hazard switches in the little recess on the lower part of the dash. Now on my 88 that I'm thinking about putting it in, there is a plastic round plug on the left side of the steering column underneath the dimmer switch and cruise switches. When I took the plastic plug out of the hole (where I'm guessing the switch would mount) the hole in the dash was a semicircle shape and not a full circle like the 87 model I got the switch out of. Does anyone have a picture of the factory foglight switch in the dash? Thanks!

I have a 90 and mine is just as you described it, it's round knob push pull on the right side of the dash... kinda in an odd spot.

My 93 has the round switch mounted under the steering column but I've seen other 93's with the rocker switch. I don't think there is a wrong answer. The rocker switch was the first choice but if the knock-out plugs in the dash or console were taken up by other option switches the round switch was used.

fog.jpg

My 93 has the round switch mounted under the steering column but I've seen other 93's with the rocker switch. I don't think there is a wrong answer. The rocker switch was the first choice but if the knock-out plugs in the dash or console were taken up by other option switches the round switch was used.

fog.jpg

Does the hole that your switch fits in a full circle shape or a semi circle shape? The cutout for the switch in my dash in semicircle, but the switch is circular, so if i mounted it i would have to modify the hole.

It looks like a factory switch in person and you can see from these photos all my rocker positions are filled by other options.

Photo 1 left side: Rear Defrost, Cruise Control Master Switch, Power Hatch Release

fog.jpg

Photo 2 right side: Hazard Flasher, Rear Wiper, Tranny Control

fog2.jpg

Photo 3 console: Shock Setting Selector, Alarm Switch, Left and Right Seat Heaters

fog3.jpg

An interesting note is if the rocker was mounted on the console and the seat heater switches forced mine to use the dash mounted switch then it seems they had to use a different wiring harness with the foglight connector in a different place just for pathfinders optioned like this.

Edited by dhardison

Dharidson, would you mind telling me if your dash mounted fog light switch is mounted in a round or semi-circle shaped hole. The plug (where the dash mounted switch would go in my) is fitted into a semicircle shaped hole, but the switch won't fit into it without some drilling, and I don't want to drill unless needed.

Dharidson, would you mind telling me if your dash mounted fog light switch is mounted in a round or semi-circle shaped hole. The plug (where the dash mounted switch would go in my) is fitted into a semicircle shaped hole, but the switch won't fit into it without some drilling, and I don't want to drill unless needed.

Sorry I can't tell without taking it out and like a lot of other electrical related stuff on this truck it looks like a royal pain to get it out. At least to my mechanical challenged butt anyway.

Does the hole that your switch fits in a full circle shape or a semi circle shape? The cutout for the switch in my dash in semicircle, but the switch is circular, so if i mounted it i would have to modify the hole.

This is how my switch look just like that, just on the other side of the dash.