Seats and shipping

beastpath

well lets put it this way. my friend got a motor (sr20det for his 240sx) shipped from japan to canada to lower minnesota for 500+the cost of the motor obviously. I would think they could ship it frieght or something and it couldnt be over 100

Edited by edicer2

I shipped 1 seat from Ca to AZ for something like $35. Wasn't it to you?? :scratchhead:

I could see $100+ for two cross country. It that one box or two?? t might make a significant difference as you will be charged based on volume, not weight. :shrug:

B

I shipped 1 seat from Ca to AZ for something like $35. Wasn't it to you?? :scratchhead:

I could see $100+ for two cross country. It that one box or two?? t might make a significant difference as you will be charged based on volume, not weight. :shrug:

B

nope not to me. yeah comes to about 140 for both shipped. even if they are upping the price a bit IDGAD as the seats are only 50 a piece, leather, and it still saves me at least $1000

I cant find a single leather seat here in AZ from a JY. I have looked in pick and pulls, searched inventories, and looked through car-parts.com but all the ones in AZ are cloth.

Grey leather I can find in states close by, but I want my tan interior to match and this is the only set I can find right now.

Did people just not like the tan or something?

Need to get yerself a set of these:

leopard.jpg

BP, you and I have similar brush guards (attached to frame at bottom and through bumpers), except mine doesn't have a winch platform down low, just a bar. Any problems using that as a recovery point? If it's attached high and low to the frame it's gotta be fine, right? Thanks.

Did people just not like the tan or something?

Of all the wd21's I've ever seen, personally, I've only seen 2 or 3 with the tan interior. Wish one of mine was tan, grey is boring. But better than the blue/red!

Need to get yerself a set of these:

leopard.jpg

BP, you and I have similar brush guards (attached to frame at bottom and through bumpers), except mine doesn't have a winch platform down low, just a bar. Any problems using that as a recovery point? If it's attached high and low to the frame it's gotta be fine, right? Thanks.

haha. nice. yeah, the guard is a great recovery point. i've been towed with it a few times. i am going to put two recovery hooks on it though and just lengthen the bolts through to the frame.

Of all the wd21's I've ever seen, personally, I've only seen 2 or 3 with the tan interior. Wish one of mine was tan, grey is boring. But better than the blue/red!

yeah, idk what to do now. i was all excited to get the seats. maybe ill just splurge and get the replacement covers from nissan bit by bit.

It looks like you should be able to get a kit for the front and back seats that replaces the oem covers for around $800. Have you checked with any upholstery shops to see how much it would cost for custom leather?

http://www.shopsar.com/nissan-pathfinder-katzkin-leather-kit-p/katzkin-nispth.htm

I've heard mixed things about the katzkin covers. As in they use a mix of leather an vinyl.

I shopped around the other day and a few places quoted 1500-2000 for custom leather re-upholstery.

I've heard mixed things about the katzkin covers. As in they use a mix of leather an vinyl.

They do on the low end stuff, you can specify if you want all leather or not. Usually they'll make the seat area in leather and the sides and back in lesser materials. Basically, you really do get what you pay for.

Yeah, I think I'm going to save up for the Nissan replacements ($1350 + tax + shipping), or maybe replace the pieces bit by bit.

Of course, if I find a good reasonably priced set of used ones I'll get those instead. Plz, if anyone finds any let me know.

In the mean time I'm thinking of springing for the Wet Okole covers. Will make the interior look a lot better with the tight fit and with them hiding the rips in the leather.

apparently the ones you can get at costco for a decent price are Neosupreme - a fake Neoprene. The real Neoprene ones are the same price as Wet Okole.

The set I was considering for purchase from Costco was the Genuine CR grade neoprene and not the Neosupreme. The cost was $160 or $170

Edited by KovemaN

ill have to look at costco then. do they have display models?

No. You have to order them online. I would probably call CoverKing first to verify that the material used is in fact CR Neoprene. When I went through the order process it definitely says "Genuine CR Neoprene". I saw on another forum where some vendor was swearing up and down that the Costco CoverKing seat covers were the cheaper Neosupreme. He was trying to sell another seat cover though.

No. You have to order them online. I would probably call CoverKing first to verify that the material used is in fact CR Neoprene. When I went through the order process it definitely says "Genuine CR Neoprene". I saw on another forum where some vendor was swearing up and down that the Costco CoverKing seat covers were the cheaper Neosupreme. He was trying to sell another seat cover though.

doesnt matter anyway. costco no longer sells them.

http://utilities.coverking.com/costco/Default.aspx?costco_sku=CK12n It still appears to be working even though the product is no longer on their site.

cool, thanks. i'm still uncertain about these though as I have read a bunch of reviews that say they are not quite as good as the Wet Ok's (material thickness, fitment, not quite as waterproof).