"Trail Rated"

88pathoffroad

Is anyone else tired of seeing those bullcrap Jeep ads about them all being "Trail Rated"? They're hyping it hoping the masses of sheep that buy Sheeps will think it's something special. What a crock! You can't even fit 31's on a JGC without at least a 2" lift! The Wranglers are different. I'll grant them some leeway there, being as there aren't really any other major companies producing vehicles of that platform and size. The Rubicon is good(if you resplice the sensors for the electric lockers so you can use them at more than 10 MPH). The Liberty is an absolute joke(It also has the worst history of failing and substandard parts of any new vehicle that I've ever seen. Check out carsurvey.org and see how many times the word "lemon" comes up with regards to Liberties). Liberty "Renegade", my arse. Yeah, rebel against the soccer mom image so you can take it to the grocery store instead...watch out for that curb, mom!

I've seen JGC's and Cherokees pull 2-wheel-peel maneuvers and get stuck in a spot that I just drove straight through in 2WD! "Trail Rated" my behind. I love it when a Jeep can't drive up a hill in wet grass because it only gets one front and one rear tire spinning on those spiffy skinny no-tread street tires they come with. Hahahaha.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol :lol:

I see them all the time on the t.v., like you said 88, the liberty is a joke. its a mall cruser simple as that. alot of people think that if it says jeep, it must be able to go thru any thing. i see alot of them around town with the extra lights on the roof, to me its just too much plastic. like the chevy avalanch, more like a avalanch of plastic.. a couple of weeks ago my dad had a accident with a silverado going about 5-8 mph, now my dad has a small dent in his dodge bumper and his hood is a little off but the woman he hit has to get her whole front end repaired.

Haha, my girlfriends dad says anyone who drives a jeep is (cough cough) cant say it here :) But you get the picture.

Hey they should make LandCruisers now like the F-40 Series, now thats a good trail rig.

What I can't understand are those who by the 2 wheel drive Jeeps.

All I want to do is ask them if they're interested in land I have for sale in Florida. :P

Now, I'm no off-roader like a lot of you guys (n00ber here :rolleyes: ) and I run BFG Long Trail T/As. Mostly, I drive long distance highway. But, when it snows/ices around Va. (which aint often) I count more Jeeps in the ditches than anything else. And I love it when I mosey by in my Pathy in 4WD, Power switch on and make it look like I drive in the stuff all the time. We had a pretty major ice storm the winter after we bought our 95er and I used the features. Never had a problem. And once in a while I do have to go off-road (unpaved farm roads) and have never had problems with those either.

Thanks Nissan. B)

Jay

The liberty has soccer mom written all over it! What gets me off is their ignorance to think that they are invincible in that thing, and then drive like maniacs to get their kids to soccer practice while on the cell phone, haha! Besides being one of the ugliest vehicles on the road, it is probably one of the worst when it comes to reliability, aren't all jeeps though? Have you ever looked at a paint job on a wrangler? How the frame starts rusting really bad? What about the quality of the interior parts? Or how it rattles like it is going to fall apart after a couple of years? I think it's more of the mentality and the following that jeep has acquired now. They aren't offroad enthusiasts anymore and probably never will be. Unless, that is what Jeep intends on changing with this "trail rated" bs. Which, we all know will rip jeep a new hole as soon as people start frying their trucks. They get a jeep for the reputation of being the crappiest vehicle ever made, or what they think "one of the most capable vehicles" baahahahahahaha! It's almost like "look at my stuff, aren't I with it for having a jeep?" The wranglers have turned into a chick truck, all you see are teenage girls driving them around with the "tom boy" theme, or guys that just want to be in the "in crowd." I think these are probably the most frustrating things for me when it comes to a jeep. How could you possibly choose a new grand cherokee over a new Pathfinder? The Pathfinder is far superior, I just don't get it. I mean the people buying them are most likely not going offroad anyway. So, the new Pathfinder would be fine for toolin around town or highway driving. At least much more so than a grand cherokee!

Wellll Jeeps (Ie Wranglers and the CJ"s are very capable. Lookit how many Pathys, Fronteers, and X's are going solid. Jeeps are generally capable thats due to the solid front axle tho their reliability in other ways leaves much to be desired.

Pulling stuck jeeps is lots of fun. Especially the ones who say they'd need a "real 4wd" to get them out. I remember a guy in a Jeep of some sort who'd dug himseld in pretty good a the enterence of the Oregon Inlet fishing area....all soft sand. He wasnted to wait until someone with a real 4wd came along. I told him That if thats what he wanted to that'd be fine by me as I wouldn't have to lock in to 4wd if I wasn't gonna yank him.

Still, I wish we had half the jeep aftermarket. They do have lots of goodies.

I hate Jeeps! My last Jeep was a 1993 JCLimited, I got so frustrated w/ it and all the repairs that I riped the plates off it and parked the SOB till I sold it. I hate Jeep :angry: Sorry if i'm out of line, my apoligies to all offended, but I hate Jeep.................and their commercial, it has to be the most annoying of all time <_<

the only jeeps that i do like are the originals from the 40s and 50s. thats when they deserved the invicibility mentality. although they wernt invincible they sure did take lots of beatings. ive seen a video of jeeps from that time hit jumps like the one MrJim hit in his pathy :lol: they were so much simpler then. now days every thing is controlled by a computer. instead of making it simplier they make it more complicated. but computers make every thing possible, just imagine all the people that would freak out if the whole nation was with out power, computers or cable. :lol:

• 8 months later...

Hahaha. I had a 90 Jeep Wrangler for a while. Have to say - it sure can burn good donuts in the snow. Not sure what else the jeep was good for...let me think... :idea: ...still thinking...

I'll get back to you in a couple years...

~jrvanas

i cant stand the stupid it's a jeep thing sticker. it's on almost every jeep in lehighton i cant go one day without seeing plasterd all over the new ones. the old jeeps kicked hiney but the new ones suck.i had the chance to trade my integra for one but i chose the Pathfinder. i hate jeeps too

Hey hey hey whats happenin?

I have a friend that has a early 90s JC (i think its early 90s) well N-E-WAYS every time I ask him to go wheelin he says "YA LETS DO IT!" "SURE IM DOWN" and "ILL PULL YOU OUT WHEN YOU GET STUCK!" Hes so in to his Jeep and I am waiting for the moment for when he gets stuck in somethin I JUST went through and Im gonna make him get on his knees and beg for my help. Ill get that on tape dont worry.

STORY TIME!!!

Almost a year ago I was with my buddies Ryan, Joey, and Mike (driving a 98 or 99 JGC). Ryan told us about a cool place where he cut some cookies and had a GOOD TIME IN! The cool place ended up to be an Old golf course that they are getting rid of. We got to the front area where there is a chain link fence. So we bent the pole it was attached to and made it in. It was so cool. We spun around maybe one time and started to drive a little more. THEN when mike tried to cut another cookie we ended up sliding FOREVER until we were in some thick mud. Mike tried to rock us out but it wasnt happenin. The doors would scrap the mud we were in so deep. After we got joey to run out to see how close to the most solid ground was (since he was the only one NOT FAT in the car) and I was callin everyone I knew with big rigs Mike started to try again. I told him to switch it out of 4 wheel drive and put it back in 2 wheel cuz maybe we could get the back end to slip out a little and catch. I dont know what he did but after we were out there for around 45 mins to an hour we finally started to creep back towards the gravel.

After this was said and done Ryan got his 2002 Ranger Edge and my buddy Kevin met up with us in his 96 Z71 (this was the only lifted rig out there with M/T everyone elses was stock) and they began to have a GOOD TIME in the feild while Mike sat on the gravel watching from his jeep. Ryan AND Kevin made it out fine and didnt even get close to getting stuck.

Rami

Since I found myself in the "Rip on Jeeps" post I'll add my 2 cents:

My buddy Ronjon has a 99 JGC. It is the model with all the bells and whistles, including computer controlled everything. Well, the computer must've caught some sort of virus, because it is pretty confused...the digital speedometer doesn't know how fast the vehicle is going, the dome lights flicker when they like, the doors lock and unlock on uneven pavement, the info screen says it is 49000 miles to the next service...but at least the seat heaters work (like we need them in So-Cal) hehe. It is like K.I.T.T.'s (knight rider) brain damaged kid brother.