R50 Sliders ( Custom

Cyril

G'Day all R50 owners ,

Have been building these for a fellow Pathy owner and was wondering what your opinion was .

R50sliders001.jpg

R50sliders004.jpg

R50sliders003.jpg

Sorry about the pics it's just been in the last week ( last sat ) .

Cheers ,

Cyril

Looks nice, although I would encourage you to gusset the bracket shown in the first photo to strengthen the joint between the plate and the box tube. A hard hit on the outside bottom edge of the main slider may cause the bracket to bend downwards. The lateral box tube is much stronger than the plate, and it may bend away from where it's bolted to the chassis.

Also, if you opt to make these sliders entirely bolt-on, use all three mounting points on the chassis: front (shown in your photo), middle, and rear (just in front of the rear wheel well).

I have run the bolt-on sliders linked below for many abusive miles and they're still holding up fine!

Pathfinder Sliderz

Pathfinder01.jpg

Pathfinder02.jpg

They look good Cyril

Looks nice, although I would encourage you to gusset the bracket shown in the first photo to strengthen the joint between the plate and the box tube.

Cyril, does the bracket in question here wrap right around that frame bracket or just right angle bracket? Full wrap around and bolt through may be the go for additional strength.

I like the idea of being bolt on to OEM mounts, but maybe need some additional like yours in this photo.

Nick

Looks pretty Good. Are you gonna fully weld them on, or leave them just bolted? Also, how many attatchment points are the sliders gonna have?

Cheers ,The Sliders will be fully welded but will be bolted to the Pathy for removal when not needed . They will have 4 attachment points with the 3 OME mounts and an extra 1 between the first and second mounts area .

Looks not bad. Is that weld-through primer on the steel?

Cheers , Yes it is .

Looks nice, although I would encourage you to gusset the bracket shown in the first photo to strengthen the joint between the plate and the box tube. A hard hit on the outside bottom edge of the main slider may cause the bracket to bend downwards. The lateral box tube is much stronger than the plate, and it may bend away from where it's bolted to the chassis.

Also, if you opt to make these sliders entirely bolt-on, use all three mounting points on the chassis: front (shown in your photo), middle, and rear (just in front of the rear wheel well).

I have run the bolt-on sliders linked below for many abusive miles and they're still holding up fine!

Pathfinder Sliderz

Pathfinder01.jpg

Pathfinder02.jpg

Cheers , the first pic does'nt show the other plate welded on the other side . It's both 6mm plate with 40sq x 4 ( will be fully welded ) with 10mm 8.8 grade bolts also through the 6mm plates front front to back . Agree that SQ is stronger than plate but with the use of 6mm plate and 40SQ x 4 and only 150mm long will be impressed if it bends .

Was going to use the three mounts and add a 4th between the first and second position . Thanks for the pics , nice sliders .

They look good Cyril

Cyril, does the bracket in question here wrap right around that frame bracket or just right angle bracket? Full wrap around and bolt through may be the go for additional strength.

I like the idea of being bolt on to OEM mounts, but maybe need some additional like yours in this photo.

Nick

Yes it is a full wrap around bracket out of 6mm plate and will be bolted through the mount 2 bolts through and the original 2 bolts up . With 40SQ x 4 side arms and 50SQ x 5 slider and still to be done tube for the side rail ( 32NB )

Will keep this updated with pics .

Possibly , Jason with a black R50 .

Don't think I have seen him on PCOA, or you for that matter.

Once these sliders are dnoe you should put some pics on PCOA. I am guessing you will get rid of a few sets.

Nick

Fantastic work, Cyril! :aok:

If only I were closer to you... I want some, too! :lol:

Thanks Ty ,if you still like the finished product can work something out .

Don't think I have seen him on PCOA, or you for that matter.

Once these sliders are dnoe you should put some pics on PCOA. I am guessing you will get rid of a few sets.

Nick

Were both on thier just not a lot , i have a look and a couple of comments but not a regular like here . Can put the R50 sliders build-up thread on thier as well .

These Sliders are being built to what Jasun wants ! , so the plans can get changed for different specs .

Yeah, Jasun is on PCoA, cant remember his forum name though. Looks like PCoa is down at the moment too, someone forgot to pay their bill.

Jasun is his forum name and mines Cyril .

Does PCoA need a donation too .

Some pics of the next stage .

The rear bracket .

R50Sliders1003.jpg

Both sides are front and rear mounts finished .

R50Sliders1006.jpg

R50Sliders1007.jpg

Still the 2 middle mounts to do and the side pipe to put on .

Nice welds. GMAW (MIG)?

Cheers Mate , Yeh thier mig welds from a Cigweld transmig 165 . Have the mates Stick and Tig here but for that thickness of plate i prefer Mig .