Body Damage - Pics Attached - Repair Or Take Cash?

FUELER

Got hit by an amateur driver who doesn't know how to drive a box truck.

My QX was parked when this happened.

The box truck driver tried to get away (hit and run) but i ran, hopped in my ride and chased him down, caught him about 8 blocks away trying to zig zag through the neighborhood. He was trying to get away - You can't escape me in my own hood!!!

Anyways - heres my dilemma

Take cash and leave it? Or take repairs?

Also, how much $$ do you think this is???

(i already got an estimate but im wondering what you guys think)

PC130010.jpg

PC130011.jpg

PC130014.jpg

PC130015.jpg

While you have a pretty black QX, what are the miles on it? Yeah, I know here in Cali you can have a car for decades, just changing failed parts...

Like Nunya said (although he knows better), pop the worst of it out and buff, compound and then touch up. I bet that would cover 75% of it. If anyone asks about the rest, tell them about the time that you slid sideways into a bull just south of Rosario... :D

I say take the cash, but the nasty in me says burn the bastard as hard as you can in any manner for the hit and run.

Have to ask though, box vans are big and have edges. Did he know he clipped you, it is fairly minor... :shrug:

B

It looks like you might need a tail light too, but it's hard to tell from the pics... I could get it fixed for about $750 (ish), but it would probably be around $1200-$1500 retail to repair.

Get several estimates, take 3 that you feel describe the damage the best, average the cost out from the 3 of them and tell the guy to pay you cash for that amount. Then you can buy some sweet christmas presents and worry about fixing it later. If he won't pay, then call the insurance company.