Transmission

ChrisPerna

so i had my truck for a month or 2 and when i got it it shifted fine, now it shifts slowly and takes a lil while to shift. the fluid is pink and i dont really beat on it, any ideas. i was thinking of hooking up my cooler, flushing the trand and putting a new filter with some lucas. please give me as much input as possiable

so i had my truck for a month or 2 and when i got it it shifted fine, now it shifts slowly and takes a lil while to shift. the fluid is pink and i dont really beat on it, any ideas. i was thinking of hooking up my cooler, flushing the trand and putting a new filter with some lucas. please give me as much input as possiable

the truck does it when its warm too

i know you said also when its warm, but is it when you first run it in the morning? my pathfinder in the morning when i go straight on the freeway goin 65 my tach is at 2800 rpm for about 5miles then it finally shifts into the last gear. if so thats pretty much normal. you sure the switch for i forgot what its called the ect i beleive isnt on? if so that makes the transmission take longer to shift.

• 2 years later...

Mine has started to do that also. My ECT switch is off, fluid is pinkish also, but just a tad over the full line when cold. Too much fluid cause this delay in shifting? I have a new tranny & radiator on my rotting Pathy that I'm planning on taking out & putting on this one, but until then, was thinking about draining & replacing filter & trying a tranny additive.....

Any thoughts?

not to be a thread jacker, but I have a automatic in my 95 its shifts fine when driveing and goes into reverse with know issues. But when i go from Park to drive there is about a 2 sec. delay before it kicks into gear, after that it shifts just fine into the other gears. What would cause the delay? and is it going to hurt it driveing it like that? Could it be a seal or a sensor?

As long as you wait for the tranny too completly engauge you are fine. Just for laughs whats your milage, my 95 never had any delayed shifting when it blew up, but yet my th700r4 in my camaro has had delayed shifting (park to drive/reverse) for the last 50k (current 270k).

As far as additives, I have used both Lucas and Prolong. The Prolong will make it shift funny compaired too the lucus but I suspect thats caused from being a thinner fluid, were the lucas is thicker, which I suspect raises the line pressure.

As long as you wait for the tranny too completly engauge you are fine. Just for laughs whats your milage, my 95 never had any delayed shifting when it blew up, but yet my th700r4 in my camaro has had delayed shifting (park to drive/reverse) for the last 50k (current 270k).

As far as additives, I have used both Lucas and Prolong. The Prolong will make it shift funny compaired too the lucus but I suspect thats caused from being a thinner fluid, were the lucas is thicker, which I suspect raises the line pressure.

I have about 185000 miles on it. It runs pretty good outside of some starting issues :headwall: