Pathy or Car

unccpathfinder

Which'en  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which'en

• Pathy
    • Camry

Alright...here's my dilemma...I will be signing a contract for 3-5 months worth of work back home making some decent $...

My problem is the plates are expired on the pathy so i'd tow a trailer behind me as coverage across the country and carry tools, 31's and parts with me. Once getting it to NC/SC I would need to replace the front windshield, get my front bumper installed and then jump through the hoops to get it re-registered in NC...then I can drive and wheel it...

The other option is drive my camry with my clothes and dog in and get to driving. I'm thinking this would be the smartest option but I really want to get my truck back on the road...Oh the decisions...

Tough chioces there bud, I would say it would depend on the amount of hours you have to put into work, If like me you will be putting in a 6 day week, you are left with no time to work on the truck, let alone wheel it. if your going to have the time to wheel, then the Pathy is the obvious choice.

not a tough choice at all .... pathy or nothing... If I had the choice, I could never go back to a car....

that's what it was when I came to CA...

Tough chioces there bud, I would say it would depend on the amount of hours you have to put into work, If like me you will be putting in a 6 day week, you are left with no time to work on the truck, let alone wheel it. if your going to have the time to wheel, then the Pathy is the obvious choice.

I will be allowed a maximum of 40 hrs per week...the big deal is getting it fixed and street legal again...and if the contract only lasts 3 months then I hope my old job will take me back (i'll find out tomorrow if they fire me on the spot when they get their 2 weeks) if I end up doing a long term contract then I will have to fly out and rent a truck and throw all my crap in it and tow whatever i leave back home...but i would really love to be able to wheel if i'm only there for a few months...grrr

Well you can also look at it from the perspective that you'll spend a lot less in gas driving the Camry. Plus less of a chance of a legal hassle if you do get pulled over.

Then again I wouldn't want to leave my pathfinder on the other side of the country.

Consider this... The cost of gas... would you rather spend $1000 going across the country in your pathfinder or $750 in the camry? Your call

But hey I need someone to go wheelin with and Get smashed with over the holiday breaks!

So maybe the pathfinder would be worth it!

The logical choice would be to drive the Camry. Better fuel mileage and doesn't require work to make it roadworthy.

Are you sure the drive train is 100% stable? It would suck to have something go wrong when you're a good 1000 miles away from home. Just my :my2cents:

Well you can also look at it from the perspective that you'll spend a lot less in gas driving the Camry. Plus less of a chance of a legal hassle if you do get pulled over.

Then again I wouldn't want to leave my pathfinder on the other side of the country.

Yep...I'm thinking it's staying but I should take it to get it reregistered in NC but I sold some tires to a guy who said he had a guy here that would get me a smog certificate when I get back

Consider this... The cost of gas... would you rather spend $1000 going across the country in your pathfinder or $750 in the camry? Your call

But hey I need someone to go wheelin with and Get smashed with over the holiday breaks!

So maybe the pathfinder would be worth it!

the $ isnt the issue...I'll be making nice per diem...gas is only going to be about $300 in the camry and it'd be about $450 in the pathy

The logical choice would be to drive the Camry. Better fuel mileage and doesn't require work to make it roadworthy.

Are you sure the drive train is 100% stable? It would suck to have something go wrong when you're a good 1000 miles away from home. Just my :my2cents:

my drivetrain is good but I still think the camry is going to win out...

Take the Camry, save some wear and tear on the Pathy. :D

wear and tear? the pathy would think the ride is a cakewalk compared to what we've been up to lately :D

do it up! it doesnt look to bad a fender would be easy to replace.

I wouldn't even worry about the fender...if it's rubbing at all I could pull it out...I'll keep my eyes out after I'm there for a couple of weeks and think that will be the best option...then when I leave I can sell it or leave it there so I have wheels in NC