Subframe drop for R50

shift220

I got the 35's on! Took it out for the day on Saturday... Everything works awesome! Little underpowered when yanking other vehicles out (when I got traction and the other vehicle was stationary)

Rode nice on the road, no power lost when passing cars. The only down-fall was braking. But other than that, everything works awesome! Very impressed with the truck at this point

CIMG0616.jpg

I had get longer wheels studs and 1/2" spacers made to stop rubbing the strut. Now I need some serious flares t okeep me from getting pulled over hahaha

Just out of curiosity, how tall are you?

I had get longer wheels studs and 1/2" spacers made to stop rubbing the strut. Now I need some serious flares t okeep me from getting pulled over hahaha

Were the spacers required because of the 35"'s?? I'm planning on running 33's for now, do you think they'll fit? How close was it.

Thanks dudes! I love the way it works!

Yeah the spacers were for the 35's. I have 3.75 bs on 15x8's with the 35x12.5. Really all I had to do was put a 1/4" spacer to get the tire to stop rubbing, but I'm making a 1/2" on to make it a good distance away from the strut. And I'm going the spacer and longer studs to be on the safe side... non of this adapter crap! :-D

I'm also going to price out new wheels with more backspacing just to see what the price difference is.

Morpheus, check the fitment of the 33 on your truck right now.. it should fit with the right backspacing

The 33's I have aren't mounted, too much work at the moment to bother mounting them till I'm ready.

I got my rear brake line today, steel should be ready this week. Shocks are 24 hours away when I'm ready to order them.

Oh my God Dude, that looks soooo awesome!!!!! So what backspacing would be correct without adding spacers? I have a 4" SFD from Shift220 that I need to install. I currently have the AC 2" lift and am wondering what backspacing I need when I purchase my wheels. I don't want to have spacers if possible. I have a 2001 so I need 16 inch wheels and need to know what width and backspacing for the wheels. I'm planning on going with the 315/75x16 (BF Goodrich site says that's a 34.8" tire!!). I'm guessing the backspacing will be around 3"(?) to clear the strut but what width should I get? This has been baffling my mind. Looks great man!!!!

More pics please!!!

Kevin

I'm NOT an expert, but I'm guessing for that size tire you'd need anywhere from 8-10 inch wide rim. When I purchased my aftermarket rims, I went from 7" (stock) to 8" because I thought it might fit larger diameter tires better in the future. For some reason I think I'd be careful with going too wide on the rim (rubbing/clearance). What BFG tires are you going with? KM2's?

Rick

Oh my God Dude, that looks soooo awesome!!!!! So what backspacing would be correct without adding spacers? I have a 4" SFD from Shift220 that I need to install. I currently have the AC 2" lift and am wondering what backspacing I need when I purchase my wheels. I don't want to have spacers if possible. I have a 2001 so I need 16 inch wheels and need to know what width and backspacing for the wheels. I'm planning on going with the 315/75x16 (BF Goodrich site says that's a 34.8" tire!!). I'm guessing the backspacing will be around 3"(?) to clear the strut but what width should I get? This has been baffling my mind. Looks great man!!!!

More pics please!!!

Kevin

The 33's I have aren't mounted, too much work at the moment to bother mounting them till I'm ready.

I got my rear brake line today, steel should be ready this week. Shocks are 24 hours away when I'm ready to order them.

What backspace are your wheels? I have the stock wheels in the back with like 4.25?BS and my 33's just barely tuck if you have less backspace like 3.75 my guess is that you will rub. Keep in mind my tires are 285 75 16 so they are only 11.5 wide. Up front I had to use 1.5in wheel spacers in order to help the tires clear the strut.

I'm NOT an expert, but I'm guessing for that size tire you'd need anywhere from 8-10 inch wide rim. When I purchased my aftermarket rims, I went from 7" (stock) to 8" because I thought it might fit larger diameter tires better in the future. For some reason I think I'd be careful with going too wide on the rim (rubbing/clearance). What BFG tires are you going with? KM2's?

Rick

Rick, yes I'm going with KM2's. I was going to get 16x9 wheels but one guy told me to get 16x10's. I'm probably going to stay with the 3.75" backspacing but don't know what width I need.

Kevin

I have 3.75 bs on 15x8's with 35s... I had to cut a little bit off the fenders to make sure there was no rubbing at crank... other than that... if you don't want spacers I would get 3.25 or 3 BS to push them away from the struts. Be prepared to cut! hahaha its really not as bad as I thought. you just have to cut the side of all four fenders that is closest to the doors.

Is your rear lower? did you use the rubber insulator at the top of the spring? just get (or make) a rubber spacer ring that sits and the bottom... no big deal. Thats what I'm gonna do when they start to sag

Is your rear lower? did you use the rubber insulator at the top of the spring? just get (or make) a rubber spacer ring that sits and the bottom... no big deal. Thats what I'm gonna do when they start to sag

Yea it is lower about a inch or so.... I am just going to order some rubber spacers/leveling kit.

I have 15x10 wheels on my rig now with 3.75" BSa nd 31x10.50 tires. I would not recomend getting this wide wheel. I have no lift. It rubs at full crank. I have to trim a little. I haven't had a chance to flex it out, but I will. I'm pretty sure that it will hit the top of the fender though, as it sticks out a good 2" past them. Just so you know. I'm still gonna do some more research and get a new post with the results.

Jose

PS rigs are looking awesome guys.

I got the 35's on! Took it out for the day on Saturday... Everything works awesome! Little underpowered when yanking other vehicles out (when I got traction and the other vehicle was stationary)

Rode nice on the road, no power lost when passing cars. The only down-fall was braking. But other than that, everything works awesome! Very impressed with the truck at this point

CIMG0616.jpg

WOW! The truck looks HUGE. Good work.