Wheel stud replacement

ILoveMyPatty

Well, after my wheel came off while cruisin down a dirt road, I've got some fixes to do. My wheel studs are stripped like crazy and I need to replace them. I got new studs, but cannot figure out how to get them out. Do I have to take my hub off and then slide the wheel stud mounting plate thing off? I'm so stuck. My search function isn't working either.. thanks for the help!

Pull the disk? So I have to take it all apart starting from the outside, which involves taking out the hub? Or can the disk be removed with all of that intact and pull the studs out with the plate thing in its original position?

It's not hard at all to remove the hub

1. Have someone hold brakes to loosen the 4x4 hub bolts (makes it easier)

2. Remove caliper and wire it out of the way.

3. Remove 4x4 hub if you haven't yet.

4. Remove snap ring, there are some washers behind it too, be careful you don't loose them.

5. Remove wheel lock nut cover (there are 2 Philips head screws holding it on)

6. Remove wheel bearing lock nut. You have to use the special nissan tool or you can use to 6mm Allen keys in the holes.

Now the hub should slide off with the rotor, be careful you don't drop the wheel bearings. Good time to re pack them too.

I don't know if you have to remove the rotor but if you do it's bolted to the hub.

Hope this helps.

Edited by adamzan