Cash for ?

KovemaN

Every part of this cash for clunkers thing is crap. This thread is for anyone with a sense of humor and a dislike of big government. Please post what you would like to be paid to do. Cash for $trippers? You get the point. Here are my issues with the clunkers bill.

The Environment: It takes much more energy to produce an automobile than will be saved by gaining a couple of mpg. From raw materials production to delivery to the electricity used on the car lot, a large amount of energy is expended to sell just one car or truck. This will not be offset by a 2-4mpg increase in fuel economy.

Big Government: They own part of Chrysler and GM so why not splurge a little on marketing? A billion dollars will go a long way towards making you the cool kid to hang out with. Now they want to add another three billion? I'm glad I could help by paying taxes.

The Auto Makers: They already get tax breaks on their plants and dealerships so why boost their numbers more by drying up the used car market and handing out money? They are selling off excess inventory from the last 9 months while their manufacturing facilities sit idle. This money is not trickling down to the guy that works on the assembly line or the guy that supplies the parts (he's already out of business).

The People: Who is trading in their "clunker"? They will already have good credit and a good job. They already have a car, but they want something new and shiny and this is their chance. Most of them will be getting free money so I can't fault them, but how many will default on their loan when they lose their job later this year? Who will bail out the clunker people?

Used Car Buyers: You know who you are. Sitting in your '88 'finder wondering how long you've got before you need to replace that engine or tranny with a junkyard part. Maybe you'll just save up a little more and pick up that perfect WD21 that you saw on Craigslist for $2000. When you call, the guy tells you that he traded it in for that "Clunkers" program. Then he says "Maybe you should trade yours in". Oh wait, I drive a vehicle with no monthly payment because I don't want to spend $30k on a new hunk of metal. I don't want to be saddled with a $500 a month payment for 5 years.

#1. At least donate the cars traded in... some single mother with 3 kids and works 14hr days would love to have that beat up 94 Bonneville just so she could go grocery shopping without depending on other people and not have to ride the bus to work.

#2. What would be nice to get paid to do? Not work! Wait ... thats welfare dam.

I better stop before I start on how I really feel...I don't really want to be banned...

What would I do with a free $4,500? 4500 tacos? hmmm.....

That's pretty funny. I definitely wasn't expecting that. They might want to make you buy a new sister though.

Hey, if it looked good and didn't have significant problems, I'd make the payments...

B

I'm glad to see more people realizing the true awfulness and wastefulness of this program and how it will be more harmful to our country in the long run.

Cash for heterosexual sex! And ice cold Corona!

Edited by Kingman

Watch what you ask for Kingman, you just may get Keystone and a guy!

(no fun he edited to be more pacific, least you chose Corona :aok: )

Edited by nunya

cash for JY runs oh wait I already get that every now and then.

so B you would trade up for smooth running attractive sister?

Nice edit kingman!

how about cash 8.7 billion dollar jets(c17a, 0-20 years) that seem to have more problems than some of the older Kc135's out there(50-80 years old)

so B you would trade up for smooth running attractive sister?

Yep, if she was one or both then she could probably manage to support herself or find someone who would instead of leaching ad infinitum.

B

I think I went over my spending limit. Oh well, the gov't does, why can't I .

yeh! lets do away with spending limits. and just go arround getting what we want.

There is no limit. If you run out of money that means the project is a success and you need more free money. When will you all learn to think like a politician? Probably never since it seems you have brains inside your skull.

i think one of the funniest parts about this is that they are trying to stimulate the economy with this. but when the dealer gets the clunker trade in they have to destroy the engine by pooring something down it. then the cars go to the junkyards, where the junkyards have now lost a major part of the vehicel that they could sell. so there goes some of their incoem and some possible parts that people who cant afford payments but can afford a few junkyard parts. stupid if u ask me.

And there's less perfectly good cars on the road that not so fortunate families could be driving. People now think they can afford a brand new car when they cannot, and it's probably going to end up like the housing market...

LOL I was just going to start another thread like this!

I'm never trading my Pathfinder for a Prius, ever.

The WD21 is the greenest vehicle you can buy! Why?

1. It does not require pavement to operate, pavement which produces tons of emissions when made

2. It does not use large batteries which cannot be recycled

3. It uses minimal parts and has no stupid safety devices, which produce more emissions from factories

4. Its great on gas for an SUV of this size and weight

So want a greener planet? Buy a Pathfinder.