Tim Deese Pathfinder

beavis0076

There is one for sale here in Seattle.

"Tim had an idea in 1983 of building an import SUV based on the fact that the baby Bronco and the baby Blazer had made such a hit. Realizing there were no such competitors, Tim sought out a truck that could be made into a sport utility vehicle that would be extremely versatile. Tim designed, engineered and manufactured the first years production under contract with Nissan Motor Company, the truck, (Trail Hustler). At that time Nissan’s 4X4 truck was known as the Little Hustler i.e. the name Trail Hustler. Tim manufactured these vehicles in Jacksonville, Florida and Anaheim, California where the chassis were drop shipped and the truck was then built and shipped on to the dealers. The truck made its debut in the ’83 New Car and Truck showing in Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee, was the hit of the show and was ordered from the Nissan truck book for 1984 production. On the dash of those initial Trail Hustlers, which in ’84 became the Pathfinder, was embossed (Tim Deese Production). They are now considered classics."

No.. I googled it.. seems real, there are a few out there, it is the Pre Pathfinder, but went bust when the 4 runner came out.

Here is one from the 4x4parts.com site.

2406395610104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by beavis0076

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3246054

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-nissan...7261310005r8466

It basically looks like a 720 with the canopy on it that he permanently joined together into an SUV.

Uh huh. That's partly why I think it's snake oil. All very fishy!!

I need to make up my mind on which member of the animal kingdom I'm going to use for my adjectives.

So it's a 720 with a bedcap.

Maybe I should get a Frontier, slap a bedcap on it, paint it Nunya Pink, call it the GPG 1000 and advertise it as a "Classic Limited Edition Collectible"!

Just kidding. I don't know why I'm ragging on this so much. I really don't know anything about it. Guess I was just looking for something to take out my pent-up anger on. (Still mad at the stealership.)

Except for you would have to join the body, bed, and canopy along with insulating it all and making sure it is structurally sound, custom making an interior for it, and probably quite a few other things.

So it's a 720 with a bedcap.

Maybe I should get a Frontier, slap a bedcap on it, paint it Nunya Pink, call it the GPG 1000 and advertise it as a "Classic Limited Edition Collectible"!

Just kidding. I don't know why I'm ragging on this so much. I really don't know anything about it. Guess I was just looking for something to take out my pent-up anger on. (Still mad at the stealership.)

Don't forget to sign the dash!

It basically looks like a 720 with the canopy on it that he permanently joined together into an SUV.

Exactly. I'll pass though, got no use for archaic 2 door models...

B

Same thing Toyota, Winnebago and another company (don't recall who) did with the 81-83 Toyota 4x4 Pickups (Trekkers, Trailblazers and Wolverines) development that later led to the 4Runner. Back is open, seats interior panels added, etc

Trekker

81.jpg

Trailblazer

black_truck.jpg

Wolverine

Sm_ri_Sigurbj_rnsson_4.JPG

Imagine the Trailblazer and Wolverine like the Trekker, as that is how they were stock.

That Trailblazer is owned and heavily modified by a local shop in Western WA (Northwest Offroad Specialties - Toyota only aftermarket manufacturer) and the Wolverine is build for use in Iceland. Older members here might remember sigi's Terrano (also from Iceland) ;)

I knew a guy who had a Trekker, interior was gutted, but the body was clean. They were the Winnebago reworks, and had a numbered plate on them. He chopped it up and made it a truggy :crazy: .

What an idiot! Trekkers were by far the most common, with 1500+ of them made and sold in the US. I personally want a Trailblazer, only 400 made and as of a few years ago less than 50 still registered for use on public roads. I have seen two of them siting and rotting away, owners could not afford to do anything with them, but also would not sell P...

I have no idea on the numbers for the Wolverines, I have never seen one nor heard of anyone in the use actually having one.

What an idiot! Trekkers were by far the most common, with 1500+ of them made and sold in the US.

Yeah, he had #514 or something like that. He had a thing for chopping stuff up I think, do you remember "MVM"?