Hey look, a flying tire!

ILoveMyPatty

I think I have found the reason why I was put on this earth;

To do completely stupid things so other people (and myself) can learn from my mistakes.

First it was going through puddles at higher than needed speeds, swamping a motor.

Then, it was procrastinating, "it's just a minor squeak, I'll check it out later" to find out that my LCA link was almost worn through.

And just today.... EVERY TIME YOU TAKE YOUR TIRE(S) OFF, DOUBLE CHECK YOUR LUG NUTS TO ENSURE THEY'RE TORQUED DOWN!

Although I gotta admit, it WAS pretty sweet seeing my tire go whizzing by me, then to disappear off a bank, and to reappear after it hit a huge rock and skyrocketed 30 feet in the air. Kinda like watching those videos on AFV or Real TV...

So, after replacing the LCA links, and putting new bushings in... my truck was ready for the road again. Now it looks like I may need a new LCA, and brake assembly... We shall see.

Thats never a good feeling having a loose one let alone lose one. It's worse than having a hood blow open on you(which DOES suck as well). No laughing here, just hoping you get it back togher quickly and affordably.

You can all laugh all you wanted. You should have seen me after I got out of my rig. I would have been rolling on the ground laughing if it weren't for traffic. Hahaha. It was really wierd seeing it RIGHT next to me, because I have no doors on it right now and I was just cruising on our dirt road. Although, it DID happen when I was going probably 60km/hr. I'm still laughing about it... I think it's my way of "coping"... since I have no money now, and that's my only vehicle..

Thing is, there was no warning. I've felt loose lug nuts before, and it usually wobbles a bit and makes noise... but there was no warning, just a bang and grinding sound as my brake dug into the dirt and gravel road.. then the vision of a tire.

Going back to your original post it think its good you can make light of a bad situation, I mean, take it seriously when you need to but when you don't; don't let it "kill you" if the worst is already over. I had a chuckle to, all in good spirit and I need to do that more for myself too 'cause sometimes something happens w/ the pathy and it crushses me( or @ least really gets me down) but I always get thru it and know I always will so why Don't I act more like you lol.

Damn!! Glad no one was hurt, and I'm sorry about the damage. Other than that, your presentation is pretty damn funny... :D

I laugh because I have lost a wheel also. It was in a dune buggy at 100km and I barely kept from crashing. A cop pulled up about 1 minute later and asked if I was OK because I was leaned up against a guard rail laughing so hard I had tears rolling. I view it as a healthy outlet of OMG/WTF...

There are several part outs going on in the 'For Sale' section, some specifically IFS parts. Perhaps you can work something out?? :shrug:

B

Glad your ok. You'll get her going soon.

It's happened before...I was told going 120km/h passing a transport is when this happened.

sell003.jpg

Wasn't my truck at the time!

Glad your ok. You'll get her going soon.

It's happened before...I was told going 120km/h passing a transport is when this happened.

sell003.jpg

Wasn't my truck at the time!

And look at what you made it into!

Everything seems fine, surprisingly.. Just a couple rocks in my rotor, and a compressed bushing... the one I just changed. Maybe that compression bent something in the LCA, but it doesn't look like it. I think everything is fine. I'll double check all joints to make sure she's sound. Really, I wasn't going that fast, and gravel/dirt roads are pretty forgiving.