Paty is Lifted now

TheCrow

There she is lifted , at the beginning I didn’t feel the difference in height , until I took

few pictures next to my colleagues Pathy running on 255/ 70 R 16

IMAGE_057.jpg

IMAGE_058.jpg

Over all the difference is about 10 cm from the silver one without the side steps it is even greater clearance than the stock pathy .

I have been away and didn’t get a chance to try her off-road , but I can report that on road the ride got stiffer naturally and the balance on Pathy is great , no vibration , a cool ride .

I am not sure if the tiny gap between the tire and the strut is normal but so far it has not touched or rubbed

IMAGE_051.jpg

IMAGE_052.jpg

Though the tire still rubs the front mud guard on the front bumper when reversing at full steering but who cares

Paty Just Got taller

IMAGE_053.jpg

Thanks Tek and Silverpathy .

The rubbig is not with the strut it is rubbing with the front mud guard , theone that is pinned ot the bumper it is plastic rubing with rubber no problemo and offset wheels or spacers are good and will look good but i will live with that now , maybe will have them on Santa's wish list hehe

That distance between tire and strut is static, meaning, it cannot change. Unless you have significant play in your wheel bearings, a lower ball joint catastrophic failure, or the 2 camber bolts come loose. Under normal operating conditions (not on/off road, but normal as in, your truck running properly), that distance will not change.

Edited by Simon

Thanks Simon for the info , i am not noticing anything indicating a ball jpint failure nor a camber loose so i can rest assured till next service i'll have her checked

Thanks Fleurys

I look forward to test her off- road but with temperatures reaching 49 celsius in City I guess we will burn in desert

That distance between tire and strut is static, meaning, it cannot change. Unless you have significant play in your wheel bearings, a lower ball joint catastrophic failure, or the 2 camber bolts come loose. Under normal operating conditions (not on/off road, but normal as in, your truck running properly), that distance will not change.

flat tire will take it out, or if you air down at all for the snow.. tire will flex and hit.

I PROMISE.

get some offset wheels to fix this problem.

If I were you, I would sleep better @ night after getting a more offset wheel to give the strut more clearance.

I know It will not hit during normal opperating conditions but but knowing that it wont and feeling good about it are 2 differant things. and the latter is enough to push me into getting a wider stance/ more offset...

10cm? Might want to measure again, thats 4" of lift. Is that perhaps to the ground including new tires?

Yes it is including the new tires , old tires were 29" , new tires are 31.5 " , still need to wait till the lift settles

flat tire will take it out, or if you air down at all for the snow.. tire will flex and hit.

I PROMISE.

I beleive you're right , need ot reduce the CC amount before changing the wheels .

^^ yes, tires do flex. Nice Pathfinder!

Yep it is the flex that ripped my bumper before i lifted it

If I were you, I would sleep better @ night after getting a more offset wheel to give the strut more clearance.

I know It will not hit during normal opperating conditions but but knowing that it wont and feeling good about it are 2 differant things. and the latter is enough to push me into getting a wider stance/ more offset...

Offset vs wheel spacer ? which one to plan for ?

Also planning for a change from the Dunlopp tires ( poor performance ) to the BF All terrain tires

Just my .02 cents. I would reccomend that you stay away from wheel spacers and go with offset wheels. The main reason, theres just more that can go wrong with a wheel spacer. I was riding with a friend one day in his 10in. lifted truck, towing a trailer. When suddenly the wheel just came rolling by and we were grinding down the road on his rotor. Long story short the bolts that had held on the spacer sheared off. Causeing the wheel to come off. With a offset wheel the chances of your wheel coming all the way off are next to none. And as for tires the All Terrains would be perfect for the type of terrain your wheeling in.

I PROMISE.

Yes, tires flex, but at the bottom, where the pressure is.

A flat won't "take it out". It may rub a bit on there, but if the tire's already flat, you gotta stop or slow down anyways.

Just my .02 cents. I would reccomend that you stay away from wheel spacers and go with offset wheels. The main reason, theres just more that can go wrong with a wheel spacer. I was riding with a friend one day in his 10in. lifted truck, towing a trailer. When suddenly the wheel just came rolling by and we were grinding down the road on his rotor. Long story short the bolts that had held on the spacer sheared off. Causeing the wheel to come off. With a offset wheel the chances of your wheel coming all the way off are next to none. And as for tires the All Terrains would be perfect for the type of terrain your wheeling in.

Spacers are best avoided, IMO. Offset wheels are always a better alternative. :aok:

As for tires, I'd say stick with an A/T. Toyo's Open Country all-terrain has served me quite well when sand wheeling. :D

Yes, tires flex, but at the bottom, where the pressure is.

look through a rockcrawling magazine and its easy to find examples of flexed out tires.

If youre pushing the bottom of the tire OUT, the top of it will go IN and vice versa!

thats why if your tire is within a few millimeters of the strut, you still risk touching....

• 2 weeks later...
Spacers are best avoided, IMO. Offset wheels are always a better alternative. :aok:

As for tires, I'd say stick with an A/T. Toyo's Open Country all-terrain has served me quite well when sand wheeling. :D

I am planning for BFG A/T , SINCE bfg M/T are not available in this region no one imports them incluidng the dealers

look through a rockcrawling magazine and its easy to find examples of flexed out tires.

If youre pushing the bottom of the tire OUT, the top of it will go IN and vice versa!

thats why if your tire is within a few millimeters of the strut, you still risk touching....

I'de be carefull for the time being while wheeling , till i consume the current dunlops and will make a change of wheels and tires when it is possible

Nice job bro, looks good. BTW I've got family in Zahle, my Grandmother was born there.

Billy

Really , good to know that , next thing maybe we're related hehehehe

Zahle ya dar el salam