Which body lift do you recommend?

zeppelindrummer

So i'm looking to get a body lift on the pathy, i have my 3" jgc lift, and am ready to fit some 33"s.

I've found many how-to's and problem threads, however nobody has given a strong recommendation on which body lift to use. Price isn't a huge factor, they seem to range from 107.00 to around 130.00. and i'm not lookin to save money, especially since the kits don't vary in price much, or if a kit is going to be missing any brackets.

88, did his writeup on the trailmaster kit, so as of now that is what i'm planning on buying.

any pros or cons on that lift? or any others? will i NEED to get a radiator dropdown kit as well?

Thanks

-ZEpp

You don't need the rad drop bracket, if you look around you can see all the different ways around it. I personally didn't even have to touch my rad hoses for some reason. I got the Performance Acessories kit myself through 4x4parts.com(Jegs had one on sale and they price matched, I know I'm cheap) and everything was there. No matter what kit you get I can almost guarantee your gonna hate the bumper brackets though.

yea I did the 3" PA kit through SteevO on www.ruggedrocksoffroad.com...theres a writeup pinned that has pointers and tips somewhere around here...and i think i did a little side thread...no radiator relocation kit and in the writeup somewhere i show how much trimming i did on the lower hose...I want to do an efan mod but that will be a while

That pretty much covers it and yeah, the bumper relocation brackets are amazingly simple, totally useless and don't really match up. I took a few pictures of what I did with them in a BL thread, Garage section I believe.

Are you installing a 2 or 3" lift?

B

Are you installing a 2 or 3" lift?

B

I'm going for a 3" lift, i don't see a reason to go for a two? why would people do that, it seems like more work for less results?

So basically just go for the cheapest then, considering they are all basically the same.

the one 88 used from trailmaster is only 107, so i think i'll just go for that one.

cheap is good :) lol

and i should probably dedicate a weekend to this? i always run into all kinds of problems, so i'm sure i'll give myself a third day, just to be safe.

plus, an extra set of hands will be nice...

Just finished lifting my friends wrangler 6" and i did most of the work, so i'd say he owes me anyway. :wiggle:

I'm going for a 3" lift, i don't see a reason to go for a two? why would people do that, it seems like more work for less results?

Less work for less results... ;)

and i should probably dedicate a weekend to this? i always run into all kinds of problems, so i'm sure i'll give myself a third day, just to be safe.

Yes, and a vehicle to run for hoses, clamps and whatnot.

plus, an extra set of hands will be nice...

That will cut the time down by 25% if they are capable hands.

Read the threads, put bolt penetrant on where ever possible and bring all tools, jacks and blocks available. It's not hard, just a lot of futzing... :shrug:

B

Does TM still make a BL for the Pathfinder? I have not seen them listed in ages.

Well at any rate, TM and PA kits are basically the same, both companies are owned by Performance Automotive Group, Inc

No the radiator drop down kit is, as stated already not required. And as Simon mentioned, the transfer case/floor problem is universal on "at least" the 3in lifts.

You can eliminate the need to cut th floor by swapping in a TC lever from a Hardbody if you can find one. But it still does not return the lever to stock alignment. I did that on mine and although it does work I will probably modify it in the future because it does cause me a little issue with the cup holders that I installed prior to the BL.

Can be done by yourself barring an major problem (start spraying all buts and bolts week in advance to make life a lot easier.) And I agree completely on dedicating a weekend, although it may not take that long, any problems could easily extend trhe time it takes.

Which is an AC rebranded Performance Accessories kit, shop around you may be able tio find a better price. I have been quoted lower prices locally in the past ;)

Since your truck is an 87... by the selection you made (or did not make?) ...you don't have to worry about the different rear bolts. unless it's a 93 like your name implies ;)

Performance Accessories Is Trail Master who's BL kits have been rebranded by 4x4parts as far as i know.

The kits are special order from Performnace acessories but it only take a couple days for them to get it out the door.

You can order them from us here:

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/advanced_sea...inder+body+lift

• 2 weeks later...

So where would you get the Trail Master Body Lift for a '94? I haven't been able to find it. What other parts are specifically needed to get the lift installed? What hoses, wiring, etc?

So where would you get the Trail Master Body Lift for a '94? I haven't been able to find it. What other parts are specifically needed to get the lift installed? What hoses, wiring, etc?

You ca either get the one AC sells (PA kit + updated bolts), or buy a kit for an older Pathy and source your own rear bolts. Everything else is in the kit. Though some people prefer to replace things like the gas filler neck and power steering hoses with new longer ones, rather than splice in the tubes in the kits.

You ca either get the one AC sells (PA kit + updated bolts), or buy a kit for an older Pathy and source your own rear bolts. Everything else is in the kit. Though some people prefer to replace things like the gas filler neck and power steering hoses with new longer ones, rather than splice in the tubes in the kits.

Thanks. I would most likely get new longer hoses for power steering and gas filler neck if they are available. Now the difficult question is where to get these parts. I have a NAPA close by and I would think that they would have them realitively available. If anyone has web sites with the part numbers that would save a bit of homework on my part. What would be the specs on the longer bolts? Anyone?

I would rather gather as many parts from the experience that others have rather than try to reinvent the wheel to figure out which parts are the right ones to buy.

Napa probably has a source for bulk pressure hose, if not try calling around to local hydraulic or oil specialty shops. That is where I found the hose to replace my PS Pump lines.

The 3in kit comes with a metal pipe for extending the fuel filler tube. It's just a matter of cutting the tube, slipping the pipe in (which sounded easier than it was) and clamping it down.

Precise1 has info about the bolts and idea's on where to find them. Hopefully he will chime in here :aok:

Did someone call me?? :D

Info right here (BL thread in the 'How To' section...).

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

I never did source the metric bolts as I went with 1/2 inch in the rear. I recommend using grade 8 1/2-13 bolts for the 6 locations that do not have the captive nuts. Note the different lengths of bolt needed between 2$3" lifts.

My work here is done, good luck... :D

B