I HATE Quebec Government!

magregor

So, my Pathy is finally done, I took it down to the inspection station to get it done...WELL, they took out the tape measure, measured the tires, the height and said I had to take the lift kit out! ummmm, NOT! So, I went home, fixed a couple things (door pins and bushings, small hole in rear quarter and license plate lights...no big deal...then I swapped my 33's for a new set of 31's. I go there and they said I was still over height. I blew up! in the end, the manager said if I cut 1/2" off the 2" lift blocks, he would pass it...I was NOT happy, but I swallowed it and went home. I took all the lift blocks and cut 1/2" off them and put it back together. I go there and FOUR mechanics argued over the distance between the chassis mount and the cab mount. I FINALLY got approved (but someone got in trouble)...But it now is all road legal. Word of advice...don't mod your Pathy in Quebec until AFTER you get inspection!

So, my Pathy is finally done, I took it down to the inspection station to get it done...WELL, they took out the tape measure, measured the tires, the height and said I had to take the lift kit out! ummmm, NOT! So, I went home, fixed a couple things (door pins and bushings, small hole in rear quarter and license plate lights...no big deal...then I swapped my 33's for a new set of 31's. I go there and they said I was still over height. I blew up! in the end, the manager said if I cut 1/2" off the 2" lift blocks, he would pass it...I was NOT happy, but I swallowed it and went home. I took all the lift blocks and cut 1/2" off them and put it back together. I go there and FOUR mechanics argued over the distance between the chassis mount and the cab mount. I FINALLY got approved (but someone got in trouble)...But it now is all road legal. Word of advice...don't mod your Pathy in Quebec until AFTER you get inspection!

...des pousses-crayons !!! if they were better, they would rip you off more... for being better...get over it... there are worst governments, and if, by any chance, you find any better, let me know... they do glow and animate when they smell $$ though... otherwise, well they like paper...white paper...curious alien category....and they are not on the endangered specie's list... as long as you feed them with...paper. and paper with $$ or paper cheques... don't feed them with rubber cheques, they get easily irritated :laugh:

Edited by Pinip

...des pousses-crayons !!!

That's not how you say 'crayon eaters' in French is it??

edit: Damn, it's pencil pushers... I liked my translation better.

pencil pushers...yes is that how you call them ? i'm sure you got some of them too ?

Edited by Pinip

As for insurances,as they say so well in english : stfp , keep a low profile... with them

Sux dude :( Really sorry to hear that.

Any way you can load it up with a bunch of stuff and get the height down for next time ?

I don't get why they care about height anyway... Big deal...

I told him to lower the tire pressure :lol:

Better word of advice; Ef Quebec, if you live there you deserve the crap you gotta deal with!

This is true, but the insurance is way cheaper and there is no emissions testing.

That sucks big time dude. :wacko:

Do you have a 6 month or annual inspection that has to be done on your truck? Will be a hassle every time if that is the case.

If any vehicule remains without imatriculation for 365 days minus 1...364, inspection is imperative before putting plates on...new or old...otherwise if you renew every year, you are not subjected to do so, unless you get pull aside because your car would be to messy or falling apart...

If any vehicule remains without imatriculation for 365 days minus 1...364, inspection is imperative before putting plates on...new or old...otherwise if you renew every year, you are not subjected to do so, unless you get pull aside because your car would be to messy or falling apart...

He got it from some guy who had it sitting for a year i think.

Hey mike do you plan on putting those 1/2 inches of lift back on?

you are funny :-)

I live in Quebec because I have 4 boys and the only asset here is the social programs and benefits of having children. Other than that, I would rather live in Ottawa. I don't think that going through all that crap of jacking and propping is worth adding the additional 1/2" back on.