I bit the Dust HARD... Please help me

Got into a wreck yesterday 4/16/09 WITH MY JEEP... my fault.... Pathfinder is gonna rest till Christmas 2015 or RIP for good.... this stuff is so much worse than i have heard....

And yes... my brakes had something to do with the wreck... they didn't stop me as well as they should have....

Sad thing was, this morning is when I was gonna get the new high performance rotors and pads put on...

(from my posting smart mechanic vs the engineer)

I need to make some cash. I got a few ideas but idk if they would work. I have read up a lot on this forum and know a few things that I could do to possibly make me some cash. Its all up to you here on the forum to help me out... :)

I am gonna try modding Gauge Clusters. Got a friend that works for FedEx Kinko's and said he would make some high quality copies for me of the cluster backing... If you want a special color in a gauge cluster let me know. Not sure what I should charge for them, but give me a suggestion...(minimum of $35-$45 for the whole cluster built)

I got a bunch of people with JGC coils they don't want.... I will cut em, paint em your choice of color...$12 a coil...(prep work and paint factors included in price) let me know if that seems low...

I got a secret project I am gonna try that I will release if I can make them a success... just understand they will be at least $100

Please assist me in buying my stuff.... I have got sooo many problems with cash right now its not even funny (3 cars involved causes things to go beyond horrible, no my insurance does not cover me for Collision so yeah MLS)

Edited by Nytrosfinder

better be finding a ride to pull a part every sat morning...

pictures needed of the truck...

you can cut/beat out the sheetmetal and rig up the radiator...thats about all you need...my dad nailed my truck one morning b4 the rents finally separated...he didnt have the balls to come tell me he hit my truck...I wish i had pictures of it but that was well before I had a camera of any kind...my mom came in and woke me up at 5:30 so yea i was pissed already...i went out and looked at the truck wanted to go kick my dads ass and then pulled off the grill, bumper and taped up all my lights luckly he didnt kill the fenders or hood but the front cross brace is still bent...i drove it for like 3 weeks and everyone at the HS gave me crap for it but who cares...after I got the $ saved up and fixed it (since my dad was supposed to pay me and never did) everyone wanted me to start doing things for their rides...which i laughed and never did b/c they were a buncha pricks...the folks i did help were friends and that was always done for nothing and to teach them and drink some beers no matter how hot or old heh...thems were the days

if you decide to get rid of it let me know before you do...I've got a good friend in clt that i may be able to convince to buy it b/c he's been craving a pathy since he's known me and he just needs to get a truck heh...

...I must have missed a chapter ?? i thought you had engine problems and that you were thinking of rebuilding it because of bad compression ??

Edited by Pinip

...I must have missed a chapter ?? i thought you had engine problems and that you were thinking of rebuilding it because of bad compression ??

LOL. looks like you had enough compression to get going faster than the other guy...... :laugh:

but sorry to hear about your truck man.

Sorry to hear about the wreck! I guess you got it running then? You gotta do three things: 1-Pics of the rig so we can give you some tips. 2-Tell us what happened in the wreck. 3- Tell us what fixed your truck (We don't really give advice to be helpful, we do it to stroke our egos when we are right and feel superior to other men :chairfall: )

As far as your working on stuff. Your prices are way too low. When I do side jobs at the house I value my time with a dollar figure. I rate my time working on bikes or cars at home at $25 per hour. It was less when I knew less- but I figured if I had a job doing it for $10, i could do it for $12 at home since that was "my" time. Find your worth- then charge accordingly. I also do this with yard work too- if it takes me four hours to do the yard, and I can pay someone $80 dollars to do it for me, I will gladly pay it, save $20 and "make" $25 and hour doing something for me or real money doing it for someone else.

Good luck and keep your head up!

My bad guys... I forgot to mention it was my jeep... my dads jeep... (its in his name... but I pay for gas, insurance, parts, etc.)

...So you had an accident with your father's jeep, and your Pathfinder is parked in your grand parent's barn... still in critical condition ? :scratchhead::unsure:

Edited by Pinip

...So you had an accident with your father's jeep, and your Pathfinder is parked in your grand parent's barn... still in critical condition ? :scratchhead::unsure:

Yep... I have no problem with my pathfinder for now... except i cant work on it right now...

What year/model jeep? Parting one out at work, might be able to help out some.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Parts needed:

Front bumper and the foam insides...

Headlight assembly w/ adjustment/alignment screws

Turn signal assembly

Grill backing- Not the red part but their is a black piece on the back... the mounting part... its a 2 piece grill...

AC cooler or trans cooler (its in front of the radiator and it looks like some sort of cooler)

Radiator

Lower fog lights...( I will take the pair of them.... Use one on my pathfinder maybe... hehe)

Found some structural damage behind the bumper today so i will take pics tomorrow for it...

Thats a shame its a 96 xj we're parting, hit in the front but all the RF corner stuff is good. They should be plentiful in you local junkyard maby?

Dad said no to junkyard parts... but I am gonna show him the deals available...

Dad said no to junkyard parts... but I am gonna show him the deals available...

WHAT pullapart should have tons of those out there...

If the AC consenser and radiator weren't leaking, I'd patch that up for $100-200 and call it good!!

x2

i'd pull that plastic bumper off or rig it up and change out whatever lights are busted and go for it who cares if its not purty

You need a radiator and AC condenser after that? Says who? A we-want-your-money" body shop?

From the pictures it doesn't look like anything at all left of the headlight (other than the plastic bumper) was affected the slightest bit. If there's something in the pic that we (or just I) can't see, then that's different.

You need a radiator and AC condenser after that? Says who? A we-want-your-money" body shop?

heh must be willburn's (not sure if i spelled that right)

i can tell it was a full front face plant b/c the front plate is dinged up but that rubber just popped back out....maybe the AC cond got busted but who needs that...i would be shocked if the radiator go busted...maybe the oil cooler busted if its not incorporated in the radiator but still a couple $100s and it should be road worthy

Edited by unccpathfinder

We (dad did with out letting me have any part of except paying for all of it....%@$@Q%) fixed it for around $350!

Could of gotten it cheaper but dad is an ass and so he wouldn't let me get better parts for cheaper... ( I got connections as 4 wheel parts, napa, and some others)

followed the posting about the brake rotors... oh well...