Where are all the OZies

Cyril

that pic of all the trucks in the river is NICE....too bad it would get me a hefty fine and possible jail time if I did something like that...lol

Yeh , the area is privately owned ( 30,000 arces ) and we had fun floating down on tyre tubes and 4wding in it .

Oh, I got a 2.5in exhaust yesterday from the cats back. Needs a tune but goes better. It's got a weird note, something I am not used to.

It sounds like something is loose inside, but may just be the noise it makes.

Anyone else done this?

Nick

Q: whats before the cat( twin 2" ) . Just wondering if the noise is similar to mine ?

Cant say I have Nick, but the R100 would have to be a dream car of mine, or an RX3 coupe.

RX3 's go hard , burp burp burp :jig:

If any of you Aussie cousins have taken off your plastic fender flares and used something like the Bushwacker rubber ones, can you please post some pictures of them?

I have just removed the plastic flares from my 95 widebody to accommodate some 33"buckshots and need rubber flares.

You could use the original flares and remove some metal , or if thats not good try clark rubber as Dave says .

Picked up the new Commodore last Wednesday. It has a full set of Tein suspension. The shocks have 16 settings for bump and rebound and the springs are height adjustable... I got them to soften it up a little as it was VERY firm ride. Its good now.

Nick

Cyril, looks like a nice spot. We used to go up the Murray with a boat and they used to dump us a couple of kms up the river and we would float down with PFDs on.

Nick , where's the pics mate of the Holden letting loose it's rubber :lol:

Got to love a Float , would like it to be deep enough for a PFD but it too shallow for that but we had fun ( 1/2 cut ) .

G'day Pete, these are what most Aussies use now days, can be bought by the metre from Clark Rubber.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22413&view=findpost&p=430617

X 2 :aok:

Hey fellas posted a little thing about my power steering pump pissin fluid all over the place in the garage section and was wondering if any of u would lend some advice seeing as how you's were very helpful with the CV question b4

thx

Addz

Do you know which bit it's leaking from . Will have a look in the Garage section .

Nick , where's the pics mate of the Holden letting loose it's rubber

Umm, at $420 a pop, I don't think there will be much rubber!! I may think about a track day at Phillip Island tho..... The susp is very tight on 'race' setting.

The tyres are Bridgestone 245/45/18 92V Potenzas. I could nearly get 2 31" Bighorns for that!

Nick

Still no rubber left on the road yet, gee it goes hard tho! And handles like it is on rails!

I just found one of these under the bonnet where the OEM air filter box should be!

http://www.airhammer.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=AHAM2

Wondered what the noise was on full pedal!

Will probably get one of these to finish it off.

http://www.airhammer.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=Hshield

Don't know why he didn't put one on it at the same time.

Nick

Proberly just liked the look of the filter instead of thinking of the benefits of the surround .

Praise to the Horsepower Gods .lol .

Proberly just liked the look of the filter instead of thinking of the benefits of the surround

The filter is so far down you can't see it. The only prob, no where for cold air to get in. Have to take a peek down there one day.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys NPORA newbie here.

had my pathfinder a few yrs or so now and figured its about time i did a V8 conversion! Any1 out there with some hints or any info on compatibility? are there any adaptor plates on the market? Im looking at a 350. any help would be greatly appreciated.

G'day mate, where abouts in Oz are you located? I know 4x4parts do a conversion kit for a small block chev, not sure if there is anything else required though. Cyril has a Commodore V6 in his.

hahahaha not to bad all. still trying to raise the dollars to keep the stuff in storage. got till 5 today perth time. not lookin good. how is all. yeh cyril work sux here to. im starting to think that i shouldnt have left perth. but im going to try join the cops here though... see what happens

hahahaha not to bad all. still trying to raise the dollars to keep the stuff in storage. got till 5 today perth time. not lookin good. how is all. yeh cyril work sux here to. im starting to think that i shouldnt have left perth. but im going to try join the cops here though... see what happens

If it doesn't work try down here .

Boys

Finally got out in the Pathy again after having the sill fixed.

Hmmm, went up a track, been up ok before. Big rains the pther week washed away all the top soil of the track. A big rock found its way into my freshly fixed up sill......

I was doin it tough tho, a good bit of track. Got front wheels over the rock, slow, slow, slow, had to stack up some big rocks for back wheel to come up over rock. Front wheels slipped down the camber of the track and just got the sill. Bugger!

Sliders steel on order. A bit too late.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

The Nickj's, Bobby and Co and the Bears headed out to Aberfeldy River camping reserve, mid Good Friday only to find that many had the same idea as us. Packed out! Next stop, Merrington's Flat. Not quite as packed, but motorbikes and kids everywhere. Next stop, O'Tooles Flat Camping ground. Not my favourite stop for an Easter weekend, but although there were a lot of people there, there's heaps of room to setup camp, so we did just that. There were motorbikes, people, kids, oh and a couple of horses too. They just happen to be friends from our part of town.

Anyway, saturday we headed off on the long haul over to the infamous Deep Creek Tracks, Deep Creek 1 was the first for us. We did this track in the opposite direction last time so this time was going to be different. For those who haven't been there, the best part of the track heads about 200m along a creek bed. Full of boulders and water and overgrown tree ferns, awesome!

easter108.jpg

Here's our 17yr old daughter Lynelle tackling some of the rocky sections. I drove last time, now it's her turn!

easter102.jpg

And again. Check out the Pathy flex!

easter103.jpg

More!

easter109.jpg

Here's Bobby on the tricky exit. This rock ledge has broken many a CV joint.

easter102.jpg

And Lynelle on the rock ledge. She gave it a good couple of goes but was not keen to give it too much. I took over and gave it that extra bit to get over.

After a bit of lunch, we headed over to Deep Creek 4 Track. We have also done this track before, but again, in the opposite direction. A very long steep ride down to the small creek and then headed back up again.

easter107.jpg

Here's Bear on another part of the track

easter105.jpg

Lynelle found one of those horses to ride around some tracks Sunday morning

easter106.jpg

And my Hunny

easter104.jpg

And me flexing the Pathy a little.

Sunday, we did a short circuit as we were planning to leave in the afternoon, up Flat's Track, across to Pheasant track, way down Pheasant to the river then way back up again. We returned via Merringtons Flat.

A great weekend away in the bush, thank's to Bobby and the Bears for some great company.

Nick

Looks like it would have been an awesome trip Nick, very jealous. cant wait til my 2 get old enough to be able to take them camping, I wouldnt be able to relax if I did now. Taking a week off starting Thursday next week, have the kids Wed night til Sunday, then heading down to a beach called white hills for the Sunday night, doing some fishing and 4bing. Has been too long since I had mine off road. Will be taking the camera, so hopefully I will have a few pics for you on my return.

Awesome trip Nick , with some good pics to remember the holiday . Might have to venture back done that way in the future ..

Dave , lots of pics mate .

and me - 65 hrs in the last 5 days work :headwall:

Boys! I made it to 100 posts today! Do I get a prize, or some stickers or something??

the steel for the sliders came in to the store. My mate picked it up for me. just got to get to his house to pick it up now. Then I can get started.

Nick