Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Hey guys, haven't been on here for ages hey...

I've been really busy with uni exams, then a huge week on the piss, then the last two weeks on a mine. I am finally on break.

I was considering putting in my suspension lift this Saturday, I'll probably have a mate over aswell but we both don't really know what we are doing. If someone on here is free to lend a hand on Saturday that would be awesome, there'll probably be a carton in it for you too...

Good to hear your on a break ,

Your welcome to do the suspension lift here but will have to fit it in between removeing a 4.2 Patrol motor ( all mechanicals ) and a D22 Navara bodylift ( 40mm ) and a set of sliders for an R50 , so one more 4by would be a quinella .

Ok, all shocks are in, new coils, not so much...

I bought coil compressors and they worked ok on the old ones but on the new springs they have started to strip the thread because the coil is so tough.

I can't get the axle to droop any more either, how do other people get the coil in?

I can't get the axle to droop any more either, how do other people get the coil in?

You can get a bit more if you remove the bolts to the swaybar or if thats allready done you could use a 6ft piece of pipe and lever it between the under part of chassis and on top of the tire to push it down .

Some pics from today .

The GU Patrol in the morning .

regconv004.jpg

The engine g/box and transfer still all connected .

regconv020.jpg

Trying to lower the front with some extra weight

regconv022.jpg

Almost thier

p><p>Yeh it

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff323/cyril-74/regconv029.jpg' alt='regconv029.jpg'>

The mate is stocked with the motor out and with the fact that it's the biggest thing he's had between his legs .

regconv036.jpg

And starting the R50 Sliders .

regconv006.jpg

Edited by Cyril

I'm very keen on those slider update pics Cyril. Did you have plans I could see or buy pls?

I just need a job so I can pay for them! you either have money and no time, or heaps of time and no money.

Oh well. We are off to the High Country New Years Day for a few days with the 4wd camper trailer. That will brighten things up a little. Doing Butcher Country and Caledonia River Tracks. Will post some pics when we return.

Nick

Edited by Nickj

I'm very keen on those slider update pics Cyril. Did you have plans I could see or buy pls?

I just need a job so I can pay for them! you either have money and no time, or heaps of time and no money.

Oh well. We are off to the High Country New Years Day for a few days with the 4wd camper trailer. That will brighten things up a little. Doing Butcher Country and Caledonia River Tracks. Will post some pics when we return.

Nick

I'm building one piece at a time and will end up with a set of drawings in the end . It will be finished before Christmas as the owner has left his R50 here for me to work on it till thier done . Also from the previous pics you can see that in the new year i'll be really busy with that project gutting a GU and then gutting a GQ and putting all the GU parts under the GU .

If your not back on before then enjoy your trip and best wishes .

Cyril

I had a good look at the pics you sent me a while ago whilst under the car yesterday. I think I got the hang of them now. Those pics were very helpful - thank you.

I just saw 3 brackets to the frame rails on each side of the car. Do you see any point in adding a 4th bracket using a 90deg 38NB from the rear step OEM mount to the slider main rail? I guess if yours are stable enough without the extra one, why bother?

I am round here usually daily.

Nick

Cyril

I had a good look at the pics you sent me a while ago whilst under the car yesterday. I think I got the hang of them now. Those pics were very helpful - thank you.

I just saw 3 brackets to the frame rails on each side of the car. Do you see any point in adding a 4th bracket using a 90deg 38NB from the rear step OEM mount to the slider main rail? I guess if yours are stable enough without the extra one, why bother?

I am round here usually daily.

Nick

Nick ,

The R50 that is here has 3 mounts . First is near the front wheel , second about 2/3 back ( a two step bolt bracket ) and the third is near the rear wheel . The 4th will be put at the angled section between the first and the second OME mounts .

Kind of hard to explain , as it comes together will do pics .

If yours does'nt have the last support then 38NB with 3.2mm wall thickness should help you .

Cheers ,

Cyril

Wassup Dave?

Can't be much worse than a week before Christmas and no job in sight can it??

I got retrenched from my job at the end of April this year, Only a couple of temp things since...

Nick

Sh!thouse mate

PM

Wassup Dave?

Can't be much worse than a week before Christmas and no job in sight can it??

I got retrenched from my job at the end of April this year, Only a couple of temp things since...

Nick

What do you do Nick , might be time to head north .

I've spent 29 (how many?) years in Telecommunications. From my apprenticeship with Telstra in the 80's through to many years at NEC Australia doing PABX maintenance, level 2, level 3 support and finally Networm Management with many Vic govt organisations as my customers. I have had a couple of bits and pieces back at NEC but nothing permanent. I also currently have a short term job Project Managing some upgrades to DSE (Govt dept) fire Incident Control Centres across Victoria.

Went for a site visit to Noojee last week, got another one at Rawson (near Walhalla) next week. The 2 guys I deal with at DSE both have motorbikes so we will be riding up there and prob have lunch at the locl pub.

I have also done about 6 weeks with a friend as a Plumbers Labourer earlier this year.

I have also designed, built and raced a 1927 Ford Roadster in the Modified class of Drag Racing. I was able to better and hold 3 Australian National Records in the class in 2000 and 2001. I held the records at 10.21 sec and 121mph but went as fast as 9.93 and 126mph. It had a turbo charged Rotary engine in it then, after that I sold that engine and built a Holden V6 to go in it. Whilst it went ok, never ended up with enough money, or help from the engine builder to go further with it. It ran a best of 11.38 and 116mph before the engine retired and got sold to a guy near Cyril at Peats Ridge. I built the whole chassis from scratch including the pipes on both engines. The turbo was easy, 4" stainless elbow into 3" stainless elbow, the V6 was a little more of a challenge but worked and looked ok.

uneek_heathcote.jpg

Car with Holden V6 in it.

We have a small farm in Gippsland with a few horses and 2 cows.

Nick

Edited by Nickj

Nope. Qualified Telecommunications Technician (in 1984)

Just doing some hours in the fire truck which will end up with me having a Medium Rigid licence, so that may open up a few doors.

Still have some $ up our sleeves but rather save that for a rainy day, not right now. I'm not even going to replace the cd/radio in the Pathy yet. Geet its getting boring with no sound in the Pathy... Just wao wao wao wao wao wao from the tyres!

Nick

no but he can weld and bend steel. so theres a plus. snorkles alround.....lol

I need one of those .

Nope. Qualified Telecommunications Technician (in 1984)

Just doing some hours in the fire truck which will end up with me having a Medium Rigid licence, so that may open up a few doors.

Still have some $ up our sleeves but rather save that for a rainy day, not right now. I'm not even going to replace the cd/radio in the Pathy yet. Geet its getting boring with no sound in the Pathy... Just wao wao wao wao wao wao from the tyres!

Nick

Will have a sqiz .

An MR is sometimes the difference between getting and not getting the job so good move on that one .

and snorkles alround. i need a left and right

Have been tempted to run two for the extra air , and the mates recons i should do it . Why don't you do it Matt and i'll see if it looks crap or good . lol .