Anyone Have a PS3?

01silvapathy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a PS3, but most of the online games for it I don't like. Reason being they are mostly rehashed Doom games (FPS) that bore the piss outa me. The only online game I play is on PC. If they ever release the full version of GT I might get in on some of that.

BTW, how is Burnout Paradise? I played the ones on PS2, but have been gunshy to get that.

I have a PS3, but most of the online games for it I don't like. Reason being they are mostly rehashed Doom games (FPS) that bore the piss outa me. The only online game I play is on PC. If they ever release the full version of GT I might get in on some of that.

BTW, how is Burnout Paradise? I played the ones on PS2, but have been gunshy to get that.

Really? I love call of duty, its like my life lol, and Burnout if you ask me is kinda boring, and too surreal for me, the best driving game by far is Grand Turismo graphics are intense, and just soo real. And Grand Theft Auto 4 is good too cause u can basically do whatever you want lol, just random shti :shiftyeyes:

I bought the MGS4 bundle with my PS3, played through it once, meh... pretty.... :shrug:

One FPS I would like to get, just because I like some comedy im my gaming, is Battlefield Bad Company, though I'm still hesitant becaue the demo was more of the boring BS I hate from FPSs.

I bought the MGS4 bundle with my PS3, played through it once, meh... pretty.... :shrug:

One FPS I would like to get, just because I like some comedy im my gaming, is Battlefield Bad Company, though I'm still hesitant becaue the demo was more of the boring BS I hate from FPSs.

Yeah Metal Gear was lame, dont get me wrong, it had some stunning jaw dropping visuals, but it was hard to figure out. And dude dont get Bad Company, Worst game ever. LITERALLY I bought it beat it within hours and returned it the next day cause the online sucked as well. My next game is going to be Little Big Planet :new576:

I just got a PS3 at Christmas....

Been playing MGS4 and have been enjoying it....played online with a couple of friends as well..

I also have NHL09, and it's amazing.......the gameplay is so realistic!

Other than that, Motor Storm: Pacific Rift, which is pretty fun. Decent graphics, and pretty cool gameplay. Though, I too am a little gushy for Burnout Paradise. :aok:

Been playing MGS4 and have been enjoying it....played online with a couple of friends as well..

I call this one his soap opera, the video sequences between acts are retarded long.

Why don't the kids like the PS Triple? :lol:

Anyways yup I'v got a PS3. My PSN ID is IamTetsuo

When I play online I usually play Rock Band or Soul Calibur 4. I don't play online much though as my current internet connection is kind of laggy.

I got Eternal Sonata for Christmas though so once I wrap up Oblivion (I still haven't finished the main quest, been having too much fun with the side quests) I'll be playing ES for a while.

My collection right now is: Eternal Sonata, Soul Calibur IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Rock Band, GTA IV, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Warhawk, and Resistance. I used to have Devil May Cry 4 but I sold it because I never play it.

Get Resistance and Resistance 2

Best FPS's on the PS3 right now no question

Or if you want something that's a little different from your typical FPS with a lot of good comedy and a kick ass story get Uncharted. It's basically Indiana Jones the Video Game (classic Indiana Jones, not that giant turd crystal skull).

Edited by SC88Pathy

I would not usually willingly buy a FPS, and am not looking for any to buy.

I'm at about 95% completion of Foklore, but I have yet to purchase and download any of the extra mission packs on the online store.

My small collection:

Disc games- Foklore, MGS4, Lego Indiana Jones, Motor Storm (original)

Downloads- Bionic Comando Rearmed, Pain (original and Amusement Park)

My ID is Grimpath, but like I said, doubt you'll see me in any online game areas.

My thing with burnout is the emphasis on crashing, yes it can be acolmpished during GTA races as well, but there is just some kind of feeling about wiping someone out in there sports car with a window-less full size van....

MGS4 is a great finish to those familiar with previous MGS games. To get the most out of the game, and the story, I recommend playing the previous three games. It'll make you appreciate MGS4 that much more.

As for online gaming, the PS3 offers little except for FPS games like Call of Duty: WAW and Resistance 2. Grid is pretty fun online, as well as Dirt; both get repetitive really fast though.

I've played Shaun White Snowboarding online and it's pretty fun stuff. Other than that, I'm rarely online with the PS3. I've never been a big fan of online gaming though... :shrug:

The Home Beta is pretty cool so far; can't say I'll be on all the time but it is an interesting concept and should only improve with time.

I'm really only waiting for Gran Turismo 5, FFXIII and FFXIII:Versus. :jig:

MGS4 is a great finish to those familiar with previous MGS games. To get the most out of the game, and the story, I recommend playing the previous three games. It'll make you appreciate MGS4 that much more.

As for online gaming, the PS3 offers little except for FPS games like Call of Duty: WAW and Resistance 2. Grid is pretty fun online, as well as Dirt; both get repetitive really fast though.

I've played Shaun White Snowboarding online and it's pretty fun stuff. Other than that, I'm rarely online with the PS3. I've never been a big fan of online gaming though... :shrug:

The Home Beta is pretty cool so far; can't say I'll be on all the time but it is an interesting concept and should only improve with time.

I didnt even know there was going to be a GT5? lol and do yo mean Final Fantasy- If so those games are too unreal and outlandish for me!

we just finally got one a week ago, so I haven't had to much time to play it. i think we just have assassins creed, which for the half hour that i played, was actually pretty good

I didnt even know there was going to be a GT5? lol and do yo mean Final Fantasy- If so those games are too unreal and outlandish for me!

Meh, to each his own, I say! :aok:

I've been a FF fan since I was 10... it's in my DNA. :happy:

we just finally got one a week ago, so I haven't had to much time to play it. i think we just have assassins creed, which for the half hour that i played, was actually pretty good

Agreed, Assassin's Creed is a pretty good game. If you like that, try Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Tons of fun!

Me too, the online game I play (on PC) is the Final Fantasy Online. I've played every other FF title released, even tactics :wacko: ...

Me too, the online game I play (on PC) is the Final Fantasy Online. I've played every other FF title released, even tactics :wacko: ...

:wacko: ???

I salute you, sir! I hated tactics... Fave is FFVII, hands down. I'm hoping a PS3 re-release is not just a rumour *crosses fingers*

:wacko: ???

I salute you, sir! I hated tactics... Fave is FFVII, hands down. I'm hoping a PS3 re-release is not just a rumour *crosses fingers*

The face was because I didn't like Tactics either, but played it anyway, lol.

Yes VII is great (actually I still have the Movie in my DVD player).

Ever play the Kingdom Hearts games?

Edited by GrimGreg

Yes VII is great (actually I still have the Movie in my DVD player).

Ever play the Kingdom Hearts games?

Yup, pretty good all-around RPG... but the whole Disney aspect and child-like animation/themes didn't really do it for me. That's why I liked FFVII and FFVIII. The stories were in-depth and made you think.

Yup, pretty good all-around RPG... but the whole Disney aspect and child-like animation/themes didn't really do it for me. That's why I liked FFVII and FFVIII. The stories were in-depth and made you think.

Yeah, but they have some FF in them, even if it is a Disney mash up. Did you ever try XI online? I've been in that game for 3 years now.

my brother has one and we play call of duty 4 and gran turismo prologue. He got the g-25 steering wheel for christmas and we clamped it onto an ikea chair. that thing makes the driving games SOOOO much more fun. the clutch pedal doesn't work with gt5 yet, but it's still the best way to play that game. i highly recommend u try it if ever given the opportunity. nothings more fun than tossing back a few beers and hitting up the fuji speedway for a few laps :beer::jig:

oh yeah, our username is skillaguerilla if you want me on your COD4 team. i am good

Edited by nige

my brother has one and we play call of duty 4 and gran turismo prologue. He got the g-25 steering wheel for christmas and we clamped it onto an ikea chair. that thing makes the driving games SOOOO much more fun. the clutch pedal doesn't work with gt5 yet, but it's still the best way to play that game. i highly recommend u try it if ever given the opportunity. nothings more fun than tossing back a few beers and hitting up the fuji speedway for a few laps :beer::jig:

oh yeah, our username is skillaguerilla if you want me on your COD4 team. i am good

I may take you up on that, nige. :aok:

That GT5:Prologue set up sounds great! A few years ago, a Japanese company release a full Recaro seat with steering wheel, pedals and shifter for GT4. I saw it once and it looked like the perfect fit for a racing game... $1200USD ain't cheap though. :scratchhead: