Well I put on the 265/70-16 General Grabber A/T's lastnight

Justin517

They improved the stance of the truck soooo much, and I cnat wait to do some wheelin with it. Its been far too long since ive been in the mud.

I also saw that the part that needs to be "machined" on the wheel to clear manual hubs, is a tiny little "lip" that can be taken care of with a die grinder in about 5-10 minutes per wheel. So those will get ordred this week. While I'm doing that I suppose its time to do a transmission fluid change and front/rear axle lube... probably brake pads too...

then I will be doing some sort of rear spring soloution, either the AC HD 1/2" springs or Air-Lift bags. after that will be exhaust fab time.

the only pic I have at this point is possibly the worst camera-phone pic I have ever taken:

Path.jpg

I'm guessing this is on the stock suspension?

If so, how do they fit? Do they rub or anything like that?

i have 265/70/16 michelin LTX A/T2 on my '00 Pathy, and they rubbed the plastic front inner fenders. i just unscrewed some of the trim screws and remounted them further outward. it didn't take much to create enough clearance. i'm stock suspension with fender flares but no mud flaps.

and actually, i previously had to move the inner fenders when installing the 265/70/16 Pathfinder-brand Trail A/P tires. i guess the same size michelin was even larger, so the General Grabber may be even larger still.

How much did they cost, where did you get them, etc...and if you take em in the mud def. get us some pics of the aftermath and reviews...

Got them from TireRack.com, they were $116 each ($545 shipped for 4 and they came in 1 day) I did some mild wheeling lastnight and man do they work well! there was this one hill that turns into a really steep incline at the top then there is sort of a tree in the way so I had to alomost stop at the top then continue. no spin at all. I wnat to try to get a video of it at some point. Here are some better pics too...

DSC02517.JPG

dont mind the dent, someone opened their door into it or something, need to use the "Dent King" on it, lol.

DSC02518.JPG

I had those same tires on my truck in the same size too. I got a lot of flack from people for spending the money on General "Crappers" (which, when I bought them were $91 each from tirerack.com) But I enjoyed them thoroughly. Great tire for the money, and I got a good 40K out of them. Never punctured, torn, nothing. They did a great job with mud resistance too, better than TA/KO equipped Pathys too.

HPIM0412.jpg

The ONLY beef I had with them was that they would NEVER stay balanced. I'd take it in for rotation and balancing and they'd go for a few weeks. Then they'd start shaking again making it noticeable in the steering wheel. You have to keep them balanced and rotated at the required intervals.

Enjoy, they look great!

Edited by navygz19

I love the color of your pathy, I have a thing for green. if they go out of balance its not a big deal my really close friend has a balancing machine in his garage (and mounting machine). we did the tires at 6pm on a sunday night, lol.

I know theyre cheap but the reviews they got on tire rack are great. The sidewall may not be as robust as a BFG but itll serve me well. It would ahve been $200 more for the BFGs.

Is your truck stock height? or is it lifted? it looks higher than mine (in the rear atleast)... but I'm pretty sure mine just sags... towing a nearly 2000 lb trailer to florida (from CT), putting 4000 lbs of car and parts on it, and towing it back... plus having 800+ lbs of people/supplies inside will do that I guess... Plus ive moved 4 or 5 times with it too, completely loaded with seats folded down, roof rack and one of those little add-a-hitch platfors FULL of stuff, I was well into the bumpstops.

I want to get HD rear springs for just the rear but I dont know if I'll liek the way that handles. I'm considering airbags too...

Yeah, it was lifted with the OME lift and KYB/Rancho's. It rode great, minus the balancing issues it had. Those tires are pretty comporable to BFG's. As far as cheap(er) tires go, I think they were one of the best.

i have 265/70/16 michelin LTX A/T2 on my '00 Pathy, and they rubbed the plastic front inner fenders. i just unscrewed some of the trim screws and remounted them further outward. it didn't take much to create enough clearance. i'm stock suspension with fender flares but no mud flaps.

and actually, i previously had to move the inner fenders when installing the 265/70/16 Pathfinder-brand Trail A/P tires. i guess the same size michelin was even larger, so the General Grabber may be even larger still.

Hey thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll be able to get some tires that aren't bald before winter really starts, haha

Hey thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll be able to get some tires that aren't bald before winter really starts, haha

265/70/16 are 31's correct? How did you get those tires not to hit the struts? I have the AC lift with the LE 17 in wheels. Do ou think I could fit a 31 in tire on the 17 in wheels with the AC lift? Thanks. Your trucks look great!

Mine fit 265/65R17 with the lift with a little bit of rubbing on the Xterra S/C rims...265/70R17 would not have worked unless the wheels was pushed out from under the strut

Well I was looking at the 265/65/17 the 265/70/17 is a 32 in tire so I don't have to worry about that. Where did the 31ins rub at on the rim or strut or on the wheel wells? Thanks man.

Edited by ronin152