Hello. =] newbieee.

Lyss

Hiiii, =D My Name's alyssa.

I just bought myself a pathfinder for my first truck, 17th birthday.

Ive got some serious issues with it that have to be dealt with, but I wanna turn it into a crazy little beast.

Ive never been on one of these things, even for my quad but I could kinda use some help with my pathy so I figured I'd give it a shot.

So helllooo. =] Hope to talk to you guys sooonn.

thanks for the info ha, seriously.

I dont mean to sound naive but I really have no idea how im going to do everything. =/

All I know is after I fix everything I wanna put 3" SL on it and some nice big all-terrains. +Lights and a dixie horn.

It's got a lot of cosmetic problems and stupid little things, like the fog lights on the grille guard are just kind of hanging there? not connected to anything?

And the trunk door is bent sideways so it doesnt close correctly and there is ridiculous water damage to the inside.

I'm doing everything from my own paychecks so I'm kinda hunting for bargain fixes but I still want it done right. =/

I appreciate the hellpppp. =]

Quick question? I heard it was normal for pathys to get holes in the floorboards when theyre old. True? Mine has three. I was gonna slap sheet metal over it but I'm not too sure if thats exactly safe aha.

Welcome to NPORA!

Yeah, the older pathys tend to rust out some... typically in the driver foot well, and under the back seats.

There's lots of info here to be had, and search is your friend.

Quick question? I heard it was normal for pathys to get holes in the floorboards when theyre old. True? Mine has three. I was gonna slap sheet metal over it but I'm not too sure if thats exactly safe aha.

Yeah, pezzy mentioned the common rust spots. Also check the rear quarter panels, as it can let in dirt and short out your tail light harness. Learned that one the hard way. I would look into the frame rot issue first though....Crippled my first pathy that I got at 16 :( which is my 93 that is in storage now.

welcome! I see your needs list...

left headlight (driverside) & a muffler(that will fit your pathy) I have both PM me if your interested.

there is plenty to learn here and its a great comunity. (best outa the 3 I've joined so far)

Welcome Alyssa WAVEY

Plenty of info here to help you along your road to recovery.. err I mean your Pathy's road to recovery :D

Along with local wrecking yards check out the classifieds section, there is almost always a truck or three being parted out :aok:

As Pezzy mentioned, search is your friend and if you still cannot find the info you are looking for, feel free to ask!

Hello Alyssa, and welcome to our semi-rational Pathfinder web site.

Got questions about rust, lifts (body and suspension), or anything else? The answers can be found here. Do some searching to cover the basics, then start a thread to get the rest of the information you need.

Glad to have you here and I'm sure we can help.

B

thanks again, guys. =]

&actually i did have a question about installing a body lift at home but i found that thread that basically like lined out everything aha. =D

&wow buddy with the sexist remark. not to be rude but totally not cool. :thumbsdown:

Welcome to the family WAVEY

Good to see a(nother) girl who gets her hands dirty :aok:

damnit, you mean me n pezzy aren't the only ones now............ damnit *sulks off*

thanks again, guys. & GALS

fixed that for ya. hehe

welcome to the family!

chicks rule!

hahaha =D thanks for fixin my error there.

boys, girls, ladies and germs, crazy cats whateva

whatevvaaa kinda people, pathy people<3 hah =] thank yuhh.

err so yeah, i found the lovely patches of rust on my frame. or should i say holes that rust so joyfully created. x_x theres only two but theyre huge and scary looking. my dad said that he can just cut them and weld metal onto it. =/ its a little depressing though. ::sighs::

hahaha =D thanks for fixin my error there.

boys, girls, ladies and germs, crazy cats whateva

whatevvaaa kinda people, pathy people<3 hah =] thank yuhh.

err so yeah, i found the lovely patches of rust on my frame. or should i say holes that rust so joyfully created. x_x theres only two but theyre huge and scary looking. my dad said that he can just cut them and weld metal onto it. =/ its a little depressing though. ::sighs::

hehe. yeah, the holes under the floor are fixable, but check your frame in the rear REAL GOOD........ fixable if caught early enough.

only, i mean ONLY thing i like about living in CA........ rust freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

&wow buddy with the sexist remark. not to be rude but totally not cool. :thumbsdown:

The remark was actually aimed at the guys, but my avart is sexist :sly: (damn avarts not being PC & what not)... and in any event i don't mind people being rude to me, I am used to it from work.

Get some pics up of the Pathy so we can check her out. I know you are wanting to lift her so are wanting to wheel her too?

i mean ONLY thing i like about living in CA........ rust freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yeah.......... I live on Long Island. -_____- Salty sea breezessssssss<3 .. </3

Pretty much a killer but its whatever I guess. Atlantic Oceans = No bueno.

Atleast yours still runs! Mine doesn't even have an engine in it right now. Like Slick said, if it aint on the frame then you're golden.

&yeahh. She runs but shes got that rattling noise which Im assuming is the muffler. Cause I rev the engine and it sounds like its gonna pop off haha.

I wanna lift 'er real bad. 33's and all. But I'm short for cash and christmas is tugging at my pockets right now. I work at a golf course. Business this time of year is better off dead. So I figure once I fix all the stupid little problems with my pathy, come springtime I can start the real mods cause Ill have the money for it and the weather will be a bit nicer.

P.S. Ill get some better pictures once I get my camera. Its currently M.I.A. ... o.0

svqtmq.jpg

It's actually not sexist... Women on this board are a rare breed, they typically get a nice welcome.

Like when Pezzy finds a new Canuck, pages on pages :lol:

Joking Pezzy :D

P... I am an equal opportunity welcomer!