Gas Light

silver97ex

Hey guys, I have seen a few people mention their fuel light. I have a 95 Pathfinder SE and I have never seen it come on. And I believe I have been pretty low on gas before. I just assumed it didn't have one. Where in the cluster would I look or should I just fill up a 2 gallon gas can and drive till either it dies or the light comes on?

yep you should have one...don't rely on it...mine worked every time except for once...and then i tested it after that and it came on when I got low but after that 1 time it never came on I never relied on it again (since my 95 has a floating needle) it woudl drop to E in like 50 miles and sometimes level back out to where the fuel was but most of the time stayed below 1/4 of a tank

I think I was doing like 300-350 miles or so before fill ups (left about 2 or so gallons in the tank) but I cant remember exactly...i havent driven my truck(s) in almost a year but when I was i was getting about 18mpg on the highway doing 75mph 140 miles a day 5 days a week (i think the tank is 22 gallons)

I usually get anywhere between 225-250. And I usually get about 15-16 gallons I believe. If the tank is 22 gallons I haven't been anywhere near empty then. I don't think I have ever put more than 17 in it.

Edited by silver97ex

I just filled up tonight. It was in the middle, more towards the far side of the thick 'E' line. Topped it off and it took all of 16.7 gallons and I had 269.5 miles on that tank. Nowhere near the 21.1 gallons. Could it be possible that it would go THAT far past the 'E' line?

I arrived @ a gas station In oregon on fumes, literally, it was sputtering as I pulled up.(stupid not all their stations are 24hrs) the clerk pumped just shy of 21 and that is the most I have ever put in it.

I think I was doing like 300-350 miles or so before fill ups (left about 2 or so gallons in the tank) but I cant remember exactly...i havent driven my truck(s) in almost a year but when I was i was getting about 18mpg on the highway doing 75mph 140 miles a day 5 days a week (i think the tank is 22 gallons)

the light rarely came on and I don't remember how many gallons for sure but it seems like it was 2-3 but after it didnt come on that 1 time I never expected it to come on again but it did 1 time after that but i still didnt rely on it always my fuel calculations and i started giving me about a 10% cushion since I was less than 10 % off when i ran out of fuel...and when I did that I was doing nascar style...i can make it X far if stuff stays the same...well obviously it didnt stay the same and i got worse mileage and i backed the calcs out and it left me within the half mile of where i ran out according to the mileage i got out of that tank

I would say don't push it...when you get to 250-300 go ahead and fill up...

Sup, all

The gas light is right under the gas gauge needle in my '91. Worked fine until I needed it, a little walk never killed anybody, right? I had my mechanic try to fix it ie tapping or whatever it kinda worked, but I can't trust it now unfortunatley. 350 miles per tank? I've seen around 320, along time ago, I think my foot is getting heavier however. It's more like 280ish per tank.. on 18+/- gallons not the full 21.1.