snowballing

beastpath

Go figure:

I set out to do a quick 3" suspension lift. Bought UCA's, rear springs, rear shocks, steering stabilizer. $300

My brakes are squealing so I figured I'd change the pads at the same time. Was looking around on here and decided it would be a good idea to replace the caliper pins and bushings too JIC, and to top it of may as well paint the calipers to look nice. $80

If I'm doing the calipers I may as well bleed the brake system and get new brake lines. $90

Today I look under the truck to check on some stuff and realize my ball joints are cracked. $50

Miscelaneous equip: $30

Oh and Discount wants $100 to mount my tires when I get them.

Does it ever stop?

LOL, it sounds like the normal progression to me. I'm doing that to 2 vehicles at once... :blink:

The good news is that when you are done, you have a nice, reliable ride.

B

Oh, did I mention that you are never really done??

:hide:

I'm doing that to 2 vehicles at once...

I was...now its time to consolidate them into one since they're both sitting instead of wheeling like they should....

out of all seriousness i have owned my 87 since i was 16 and drove it daily until i was 22ish (and it left me in the driveway knocking after something fell in the cylinder after a spark plug change) the only other time it left me stranded was when i didnt change the TB after doing the WP and it busted so it took 3 days to reubild the top end (about 200 or $300) and she ran great afterwards

ok i lied there was another time she left me stuck for a few hours and it was when the + cable going to the starter chaffed through and arced and melted my battery but it didnt catch on fire and i got it all fixed up and finished the last leg of my 400 mile trip in the snow

my 95 had more work to do to it but it was a little more neglected than my 87 was when i got it but it never left me stranded...well except for this one time the gas light didnt come on when I knew i was going to be close on making it and i ran out of gas for the 1st and only time in my life...

if you keep everything lubed up and routine maintenance complete these trucks will run forever (i know a guy that has had 2 nissans with over 1million miles on them and they were rust buckets b/c they were beach trucks and theres an old 720 still down there...the guy had to replace the frame and the bed fell of and the cab is well...well ventilated but its still kicking

my 95 had more work to do to it but it was a little more neglected than my 87 was when i got it but it never left me stranded...well except for this one time the gas light didnt come on....

Your 95 has a gas light? I have never seen mine come on(95 SE) and I think I have been pretty freaking low too. Do all 95's have gas lights?

mine 93 and 95 do. It glows in and out when its low ish and when it gets onto the E it stays on. At least it does in my truck. (At one point this year I couldn't afford to put 10 dollars in it)

To get back on track with this thread

I know what you mean Beastpath :aok:

In February I bought a VG33 engine for $600 just to give my 91 a bit more snot.

New pistons $310

TBC $312

Gasket set $150

Oil pump $185

Water pump $100

Scat con rods $700

and it's nowhere near finished

add Camshafts $800

machining, balancing and testing engine components $1000

and a stack of other little bits $500-$1000

:rolleyes:

Your 95 has a gas light?

SE dash, I'm guessing...

In February I bought a VG33 engine for $600 just to give my 91 a bit more snot.

New pistons $310

TBC $312

Gasket set $150

Oil pump $185

Water pump $100

Scat con rods $700

and it's nowhere near finished

add Camshafts $800

machining, balancing and testing engine components $1000

and a stack of other little bits $500-$1000

Holy Crap, Sheepman!! Can I have your engine when you die?? :tongue:

B