Have you ever seen Mattracks on a Pahty?

Ramon

I was watching videos on UTube and suddenly I get to a commercial from Mattracks and I wonder if as the web page said "there can be fitted on SUV and Vans" I wander how a patty looks with that stuff on?

here is the web page

http://www.mattracks.com/html/105_series.htm

this things are amazing but I believe also expensive they said the central wheel have holes to fit as tire instead of the rim so you can change them by your self with a X wrench the problem may be lift it high enough to fit those things

and the video is here

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=emKRZHWHd_Y

I saw many videos on different SUV but not yet in a Pahty of any Year or Infinity I wonder if how expensive is this stuff ?

Greetings to all

db_Customer0171.jpg

Edited by Ramon

I was watching videos on UTube and suddenly I get to a commercial from Mattracks and I wonder if as the web page said "there can be fitted on SUV and Vans" I wander how a patty looks with that stuff on?

here is the web page

http://www.mattracks.com/html/105_series.htm

this things are amazing but I believe also expensive

and the video is here

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=emKRZHWHd_Y

I saw many videos on different SUV but not yet in a Pahty of any Year or Infinity I wonder if how expensive is this stuff ?

Greetings to all

VERY expensive. More than i payed for my pathy, i remember that much, but i can't remember the price. I thought they would solve all my problems. Height and traction. But the cost is very prohibitive. I also learned that there were other manufactures of similar products, but i never did look into them. Another downer was that around here, allot of trails require at least some road time to connect them, and those things on the road would be tough. You'd have to trailer them to the park if you have one, install them, and then reverse at the end of the day.

That would be cool. I don't know how the wd21 steering would handle that though...

Good question may be in a no traction axle will be useless

Edited by Ramon

I think lockers would be needed, no?

I don't know how the wd21 steering would handle that though...

It wouldn't without serious upgrades/bracing.

at 400 lbs each i'd have to be for a trailored vehicle cause I wouldn't wanna swap to tires all the time.

No, but with a 2 floor jacks or high lifts, jack stands and rigger rollers, I bet I could swap them out within an hour without breaking a sweat.

I can say, IF I lived in serious snow country and had a little cash, I'd have a vehicle dedicated for them. It's your private snow cat!! I bet you could make plenty of $ to pay it off doing SAR work, snow plowing (it's got to work better than a wheeled 4x4) and making runs to places that are totally snow bound. Imagine having the 'Gaurenteed to get you there' cab service in Aspen, Vale, etc for the rich and idle when the sheit is snowed over!

Sure, some of that can be done with a snow mobile, but if you can carry 4 passengers + luggage in a sealed, heated(seat), muzak'd cabin with cup holders... ;)

Damn, I may have to move to start my business!!! :D

B

I think lockers would be needed, no?

It wouldn't without serious upgrades/bracing.

No, but with a 2 floor jacks or high lifts, jack stands and rigger rollers, I bet I could swap them out within an hour without breaking a sweat.

I can say, IF I lived in serious snow country and had a little cash, I'd have a vehicle dedicated for them. It's your private snow cat!! I bet you could make plenty of $ to pay it off doing SAR work, snow plowing (it's got to work better than a wheeled 4x4) and making runs to places that are totally snow bound. Imagine having the 'Gaurenteed to get you there' cab service in Aspen, Vale, etc for the rich and idle when the sheit is snowed over!

Sure, some of that can be done with a snow mobile, but if you can carry 4 passengers + luggage in a sealed, heated(seat), muzak'd cabin with cup holders... ;)

Damn, I may have to move to start my business!!! :D

B

LOL, interesting business model. But at over 20k for a set, and the small detail of the rich and famous being willing to ride in a japanese midsize, i think I'll save my money. ;)

You'd have to trailer them to the park if you have one, install them, and then reverse at the end of the day.

I know a lot of people that do that with wheels and tires anyway. They run small street tires to the trail then swap on their offroad wheels/tires at the trail head or camp site.

VERY expensive. More than i payed for my pathy, i remember that much, but i can't remember the price. I thought they would solve all my problems. Height and traction. But the cost is very prohibitive. I also learned that there were other manufactures of similar products, but i never did look into them. Another downer was that around here, allot of trails require at least some road time to connect them, and those things on the road would be tough. You'd have to trailer them to the park if you have one, install them, and then reverse at the end of the day.

I am not sure if in the road will be tough. Because those things are made with rubber, and I heard in some states in USA is allowed to use on roads not sure which ones the problem is they can only go 40mph max. But by Illusion goes down when I hear the price part . :( :(

Edited by Ramon

Might be fun to try in the snow or if you live in a marshy/sandy area, but they'd get thrashed up here pretty quick.

I'd much rather just invest in some good tires and beadlocks.

There is a place in Cheyenne Wyoming that does those conversions. I briefly checked the link but did not see where they are located. The Cheyenne location has a Jeep Cherokee fitted with a set sitting out front. They look like they could be fun but definitely cost prohibitive.

I bet they'd chew up your fenders like butter. Th truck in the pic looks like there is no room for error. Just a little tilt and bye, bye nice fenders. BTW, what keeps them from flipping over when the unit leaves the ground? Just sheer weight?

I bet they'd chew up your fenders like butter. Th truck in the pic looks like there is no room for error. Just a little tilt and bye, bye nice fenders. BTW, what keeps them from flipping over when the unit leaves the ground? Just sheer weight?

Well as those things are made in rubber I believe it only get marked those poor fenders but is only a visual effect due the angle from where the picture was taken. the same space on the rear in on the front, even no much room I believe those must to use on a lifted truck

No, There is a bar with a balljoint type thing at 1 end that holds to the axle or lower contol arm mattering on make.