Post your first post

k9sar

• 9 months later...

hahahah here's mine:

I just joined the forums today, here's a little about me and my truck:

I'm 25 years old from Waterloo, Ontario and i own a green 1995 Pathfinder se 4 door with 4wd. I've owned the truck for 3 years now, but i rarely take it off-road unless necessary. I use it mostly for camping and towing a small fishing boat. I'll have a truck pic for the avatar soon.

i still haven't changed my avatar lol

Great idea for a thread!! Heres mine in 2004:

Hey guys, I need a car (hopefully within a week or so)

I have $13,500 cash and don't want to finance on top of that

My truck has to be 4x4, 5 speed. I'm considering Pathfinders, Xterra, 4runner, Cherokee.

My first question is how does the Xterra rate against the Pathfinder? Which is faster? Which has a better interior? What makes the Pathfinder more expensive than Xterra?

Heres one pathy im looking at: Click Here

I ran a carfax on it. It has had 2 owners, and was a leased vehicle. It was leased twice and auctioned off twice. It has no maintenence history and its at some random dealership. I have yet to look at it but already got the price down to $14,000 out the door with tax and registration included, just over the phone! Can I trust this car?

I know pathfinders have had recalls on the exhaust manifold studs, listen to the motor when its cold.... anything else?

Help me out - I want an SUV which will be comfortable and reliable, and still be fun on the trails in Baja, etc. I go snowboarding, MTN biking, camping, etc.

I really like interior comfort, if that makes a difference. Help me out!

the replies were great - runnerman said that $14,000 for a 2000 Pathfinder was a spectacular deal!! HAHA!

Also, i spent that 13,5 on my QX4 and ive never looked back! 5 years later i still love this thing as much as i did on day 1. What a great purchase!!

Edited by FUELER

Great idea for a thread!! Heres mine in 2004:

the replies were great - runnerman said that $14,000 for a 2000 Pathfinder was a spectacular deal!! HAHA!

Also, i spent that 13,5 on my QX4 and ive never looked back! 5 years later i still love this thing as much as i did on day 1. What a great purchase!!

but has there been any regrets.....lol

JGC console in an '87 Pathfinder.

This is the console I found. It's wider than a stock one and fits pretty tight between the seats. Originally, it was beige and black. I sprayed it with Dupli-color plastic paint to mach my interior and repainted the black area to freshen it up a bit.

I cut four triangles from some black vinyl fabric for a shift boot and had a local alteration shop sew the sides up for me for $10. Then I made a trim ring from press board and secured the boot to the console from the bottom.

Like UNCC said, the search is limited to the first 1000 posts so this one is about four months after I joined, but its so good it was pinned. :takebow:

This is the earliest one I could find...but it says only the 1st 1000 posts were searched so maybe i'm still noobing up our search feature...I'm sure there was other posts where I poked my head in from behind the shadows that talked about teh truck B4 the metric system...

Here Man :beer:

Funny thing is that post you quoted was 1 day before you joined :blink:

Been reading on the site for a while finally decided to join...

2050078_3_full.jpg

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...amp;#entry47470

Hi everybody! I'm from Santa Cruz CA (thus the SC in my name). I just recently got an 88 Pathfinder SE V6. It's dark red (burgandy?) both inside and out. It is stock except for the radio (which doesn't work well). It's rust free (typical CA car) and has 202000 miles. It is my second vehicle and my first 4x4 and I plan to go off roading in the very near future. The first mods I plan to do are: upgrade spare tire to a real full size tire, change the horn to something louder, install a K&N air filter (current one is really dirty) and install an oil filter relocation kit (F**** not being able to see where the filter thread is and dumping oil all over the starter when you remove the filter). It is also missing the right rear hub cap, hope to remedy that at pick n pull this weekend.

-Andrew

Pretty sure that was my first post

And I swore!

The only upgrade that I actually completed was the full size spare and the hub cap. I at least put in a Wix air filter.

Hey there. Today I bought a '95 Pathfinder XE loaded MT, with 108k for under $6k. A fair deal I think but no steal. I needed an all around reliable 4x4 (its my 'I can get there from here' vehicle or 'the sky is falling !' escape pod), and didn't want to waste days worth of time looking for a slightly better deal. Besides, you never know what you are getting anyway. This is replacing my old horse, an '83 Nissan P/U King cab 4x4, the MOST reliable vehicle I have ever owned in its 10 years of service. It breaks my heart to replace it, but practicality dictates, so I bought a Pathfinder :P If this Nissan is 1/2 as reliable/tough/able as the last, I'll be happy. While no stranger to off road, I'm no Rubicon guy. This SUV will remain basically stock (upgrades only when OEM parts fail) and probably only see 6-8K a year. I'm a machinist who does all his own mechanical work when practical and dont blink to fab, invent parts parts when necessary. My other vehicular fun is a '78 VW Bug Convert that I am lowering, Centerline rims, etc (only because the VW bug is one of the coolest cars ever made) and '01 CBR1100XX for when it absolutely, positively has to be there yesterday (time travel is possible on this bike). I also like camping, jaz, moon lit beaches, stormy fire side nights... EHEM, sorry, I got distracted there.

About your site, I assume the general forum is for discussion/information while the Garage is for specific mechanical stuff. I already have some Q's about window rust, and CV joints, but will search the forum before posting. Any tips (about the site or otherwise) are appreciated. Odds are I will join and come to love picking your collective brains. Thanks guys...

Bernard

Hmm, this seems to be the first post. I guess the first one I quoted was the same day... :shrug:

Wow, I posted in the intro section first and promised to search before asking. What happened to the kids these days??? :D

B

I bought one during my vacation for about $2... thought "Maybe it's too much" and then after a month found almost the same stuff in a supermarket for almost $8!

It is hold to the AC output, in my Path I use the passenger side (of course, I have to ask my wife "Please, give me the drink")... :bow: I used it last weekend when offroading and everything was ok... it is easy to plug and unplug, and has the advantage that if it is a cold day, you just need to keep the AC very cold, and your beer will be cold too... :beer:

Talkin' about cup holders :beer:

Posted on: May 21 2004, 08:31 AM

I could've sworn I had a login for this site.... anyhow. I've been pretty active over at the 4x4parts.com board, TexasNissanTrucks.com, Nissan4wheelers.com, and not so much over at Nissanoff...