Crazy gas prices today...

unccpathfinder

I filled up most of the fleet last week in anticipation. So far, no changes in NoCal. But the S&D theories says some rise is inevitable. Especially if more people did exactly what I did and create an artificial demand spike!

Yes, I am part of the problem.

Gasoline futures fell for the duration of Ike. Just rose for the first time in several days, today, to 246.47 cents/gallon. Crude Oil is trading around $94/barrel.

The increase in pump price is shear speculation on behalf of the gas station owner insofar as increased demand for fuel in reaction to Ike.

They say only 28 of the 3,800 some oil rigs off the Gulf Coast suffered sufficient damage to warrant closing.

13 cents / L here.

The government says they hike ours, and it's not a canadian thing, its because of all of North America. Ummm kay. So far, no one from the states have had the same. P... And the excuses keep coming.

At least you guys don't live over here in BC. It was up to $1.57 a couple days ago, it's at $1.47 right now!

Basically the Americans are only paying $1/litre, it's not fair! :(

Basically the Americans are only paying $1/litre, it's not fair! :(

Ya, but we're doing all the work to get it.

Tell you what, we'll keep Iraq, Kuwait and Sudi. You guys can have Iran. That fair?

Gas problem solved for Canada. Now make me PM.

WTF?? We'd be FAR better off not wasting all those 100's of billions in war time profiteering, and investing them into alternative energy research and implementation. Let the sand box boys fight each other! Besides, do you have any idea how much oil Canadia sells us?

B

So oddly enough, it seems like California's gas prices are lower than the national average for a change instead of leading it. How that worked out, I have NO idea, but I just put in 7 gallons when I added some Lucas fuel treatment. $3.64 a gallon. Still not cheap, but better than the $4.32 I paid a few months ago. :shrug:

B

Tell you what, we'll keep Iraq, Kuwait and Sudi. You guys can have Iran. That fair?

Gas problem solved for Canada. Now make me PM.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petrole...ent/import.html

Have a look where your crude is coming from...

I thought it was funny how all the anti-Iraq war types all said, "It's just for oil". Yeah, if it was, gas would still be $2.00 or less.

The frist thing Iraq does is sell oil rights to china. thanks Iraq

So oddly enough, it seems like California's gas prices are lower than the national average for a change instead of leading it. How that worked out, I have NO idea, but I just put in 7 gallons when I added some Lucas fuel treatment. $3.64 a gallon. Still not cheap, but better than the $4.32 I paid a few months ago. :shrug:

B

yea 2 buddies called me today bitching that they couldnt get to work since CLT is out of gas (almost i guess they said 90% of it was in tanks) and I was like yea bitches you gotta pay more for the 1st time in the 15 months i've been out here...I guess the pipeline is still only running at 60% and with people freaking out its not able to catch up to the demand...

man i love my people...hurricane, snow or any other crazy weather and they're going to swipe all the gas, ice, bread and milk within reach but rightfully so when hurricane fran came through i saw 20lb bags of ice for $10 b/c only 1 guy in town had his own bagging setup but they nailed his ass pretty good for gauging