This brings tears to my eyes

csutke

As some of you know I totalled my old Pathfinder about 5 months ago when I hit a patch of ice on my way to work.

100_1551.jpg

100_1550.jpg

This brings tear to my eyes when I think about how much time, blood, sweat, and money I put in to her to make her look like this

100_1538.jpg

100_1402.jpg

100_1276.jpg

Now she looks like this

CSUTKE2.jpg

CSUTKE4.jpg

CSUTKE1.jpg

But I guess that its not all in vein, I can take a little comfort in knowing that she will help other pathfinders live on.

yep don't worry. every time a pathfinder dies in the CNTC, we have a pick and pull party for it prior to sending it off the the junkyard/donating to the firefighters for practice. There are a few parts of Simon's Old red in my truck, as well as another old member who had to junk his old pathfinder. mind you they weren't in accidents like yours, but yeah, when then time comes for mine, i will be a little sad too

i sent my to the junkyard, expecting them to pull the motor and crush... instead they put a tranny that only had first and reverse left in it (my old one as it were) and now use it as a yard truck

I don't have that problem, anything good from my collection of Hardbodys is sitting at work(minus interior and electrical parts they are in the black Pathy-which is also at work) and I take whats left to the crusher myself. No worries of ever seeing parts of my trucks on the road unless it's in my driveway.

As some of you know I totalled my old Pathfinder about 5 months ago when I hit a patch of ice on my way to work.

This brings tear to my eyes when I think about how much time, blood, sweat, and money I put in to her to make her look like this

100_1538.jpg

Now she looks like this

CSUTKE2.jpg

Blood sweat and tears into that? WTF did you do to it? put on different tires and a bugsheild... ohhhh shiiittt :shiftyeyes:

Hey atleast it died next to a first gen yota... aint that bad :tonguefinger:

Can I get in on this action?

:stickwack:

Dude how would you feel if you worked your ass off to make your truck the way you wanted and then suddenly it was taken away from you. :stickwack:

Well i guess YOU would actually have to work on YOUR truck to know how that feels?

Well i guess YOU would actually have to work on YOUR truck to know how that feels?

Out of curiosity, how much work does someone have to do to a vehicle before they are allowed to be proud of it by your standards? Is a lift and a few other mods enough, or is anyone who doesn't do a one-ton axle swap just a noob that doesn't really care about their vehicle? Although, speaking of caring about one's vehicle, an argument could be made that someone who never wanted to get rid of his truck and replaced it with a similar model after it was wrecked has a much greater right to be proud of and care about his vehicle than someone who spent a lot of time talking about how much his Pathfinder sucked and how he was going to trade it for a Toyota and even made a for sale post, regardless of how much work was done to the respective vehicles.

:clap:

Not to mention, a lot of people use their rigs as daily drivers, long distance trips, etc and don't necessarily want a huge body lift, solid axles, etc. Anything that would take away from milage or reliability/parts availability would be a liability at that point. Remember Missyota, some people wouldn't wan't your truck if you gave it to them (unless it was to unload it to the first person with $1000 cash).

Different strokes for different folks so why not try to be a little more respectful, eh?

B

:clap:

Not to mention, a lot of people use their rigs as daily drivers, long distance trips, etc and don't necessarily want a huge body lift, solid axles, etc. Anything that would take away from milage or reliability/parts availability would be a liability at that point. Remember Missyota, some people wouldn't wan't your truck if you gave it to them (unless it was to unload it to the first person with $1000 cash).

Different strokes for different folks so why not try to be a little more respectful, eh?

B

That is absolutely true. From September to April I commute to college which is about 50 miles round trip and I can't have big sloppy one ton axles that handle like crap and shimmy after hitting pot holes on the highway. Also as a student I'm not rich so I try to get the most gas mileage I can outta my machine. Which is currently about 22-24 mpg hwy btw.

Who say's I haven't? I've changed the timing belt and crap load of other parts. Things that actually MATTER. If and when I have the cash, from a real job not mowing lawns and selling stuff like you, I will start doing mods and upgrades.

Also I like my truck too look half decent. Clearly Issac does too, his looked awesome.

Maybe we should get rid of all these posts

Who say's I haven't? I've changed the timing belt and crap load of other parts. Things that actually MATTER. If and when I have the cash, from a real job not mowing lawns and selling stuff like you, I will start doing mods and upgrades.

:stickwack: