So I rolled my Pathfinder

StatutoryApe

NICE!!!

I'm glad it has worked out so smooth this far. Good luck with the rest, it shouldn't be too bad, just stay organized and label EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks Martin, for helping yet another person out!!

B

yeah, it's been realllllly smooth so far. i'd like to point out that this is my second free pathfinder. my dad picked up my red one for me from someone that didn't want it anymore. so i got reallly lucky on scoring these pathies. and yeah, i plan on labeling everything.

and of course,

many thanks to Martin!

I lke the two people in the background in the first photo.... Looks like my neighbors when I bring a new project home....

"WTF is Martin dragging home now?"

that's my friend on the left that was in the red pathy when i rolled it. he showed up after my other friends and i had pushed the black one in the back yard. and my dad is on the right. he had to bring my friend to the back yard to show off the pathies (i was taking a shower at the time my friend showed up)

and yeah, my neighbors gave me that look twice lately. once when i brought back the red and rolled pathy (they were actually laughing at me) and twice when i brought the black one home (that time i got the WTF look)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like it could turn out to be a sweet deal! I have always liked the look of black 2 doors. Do you plan on painting it Olive Drab while you have the body off of the frame? Or are you going to stick w/ black?

well, ATM i don't have money to get it painted, so it's gonna be red and black for a while. lol. i hadn't even thought of painting it while the body was off anyway. so the hood, front fenders, and back hatch are all gonna be red. i'm gonna use the hood and hatch from my red one just to keep it as much like my red one as possible. and the red hatch says SE on it rather than XE.

Since your doing all this work anyway, are you going to give the frame some love as well? I'd sandblast it, epoxy it, undercoat/gravel guard it, and then paint it black. I don't think painting the body while it's off the frame will make any difference at all. Painting the bottom of the body is pointless.

I'd at least pressure wash everything from the top after the body's off. Nice and clean and SOOOO much easier to work on later!

now THAT i can do myself no problem.

Good time to replace any old brake and gas lines when the body is off.

i guess i can do that too. lol.

damn, you guys are throwin too much stuff at me. i figure that would be a good time to redo the whole exhaust. headers, 2.5" pipes and all :tonguefinger:

2.25" pipe... Singular... It's only a 3.0 liter V6 and you want SOME back pressure!!!

As for the rest, I recommend you paint the whole frame purple...

Ok, what I really mean is clean up what you can, address any rust you can find and call it good. You have the opportunity and it's far more than most do. Save the rest of the focus on the body swap...

Good luck Bro...

B

mini me has 2.5" pipe with her thorley's *sniffles @ B* and she roars (and, technically, it's not a FULL 2.5" in diameter)

Edited by Slick

Gonna be working on them this week?

It was HOT and relatively humid yesterday (I was out working on the F250 and suffering) and getting hotter all week. 107 or more by Wednesday. Yikes. Drink MUCH water.

Didn't clue in that your from California. If I did a frame, I would do all the things I said, probably more too. Frames don't last too long up here, especially boxed ones. Boxed is great for strength and rigidity, but dirt clogs up the drain holes and corrodes from the inside. Since your not too bad off, just address the major rot (if there is any), and just wire brush the surface rust and paint it.

it will be hot for a while (at least down here) we had some nice blackouts yesterday...got home and it was 90 inside so no telling how long the power had been out...good luck with that....looks fun

I may have missed it but if those are the same models and have the same options I think you could do the swap without having to pull all of wiring and what not...just disconnect the engine compartment wiring (and mechanical stuff like the brake lines, steering and heater core and speedo and tranny crap and fuel power and O2)

if they're not the same you're better off pulling everything and swapping to make sure you dont have to redo it again once you're finished

nah, mine's an SE and the donor is an XE. mine has power everything. the XE doesn't. even the seats and dash are different. and this one doesn't have a spare tire rack, which kinda sux. but i guess i'll just have to get a swinging tire carrier made. maybe one like Simon's.

i guess i could swap all that electrical stuff while i'm working on it, but i had planned on just keeping the manual locks and windows cuz it's less work that way. lol. i'll have to swap over the chick magnet for sure.

nah, mine's an SE and the donor is an XE. mine has power everything. the XE doesn't. even the seats and dash are different. and this one doesn't have a spare tire rack, which kinda sux. but i guess i'll just have to get a swinging tire carrier made. maybe one like Simon's.

i guess i could swap all that electrical stuff while i'm working on it, but i had planned on just keeping the manual locks and windows cuz it's less work that way. lol. i'll have to swap over the chick magnet for sure.

Less gremlins too. I hate power windows and locks.

another quick sanity check is you could swap your ECU into "lil black" if it runs and if it runs for like 10 mins without any lights and everything works then you're good I think you could do it the other way around but it's not going to be you're final setup i dont believe so it may be a false + if it works

Little black is not quite runable.... Missing the intake, fuel is suspect, lots of stuff loose on engine.

i have a nice sticker that says "honk if parts fall off" just in case :laugh:

that's a good idea. lol.

and i haven't even started yet. it's been way too hot and smokey outside. i'll start tomorrow, though. i just got back from costco where i bought a bigass car canopy deal so that i can have some shade while workin on the pathies.

that's a good idea. lol.

and i haven't even started yet. it's been way too hot and smokey outside. i'll start tomorrow, though. i just got back from costco where i bought a bigass car canopy deal so that i can have some shade while workin on the pathies.

Good call! Water misters can be very comforting as well. We have them running across the main door of my garage with an exhaust fan blowing out the top of the eaves. It will drop the garage temps by about 10-15 degrees. Of course, then the humidity gets to be nasty, but by going back and forth, overall comfort is improved. In mist until wet, then out of mist area. Once clothes and skin dry, back in mist.