Hydrogen Booster

The amount of gas produced by such a small apparatus is negligible at best. I can't possibly see how it would benefit a car engine that consumes thousands of times more air per revolution than the hydrogen cell can possibly ever produce.

Aside from that, there has been ZERO testing and ZERO proof from anyone that this works. Just a lot of websites monopolizing on fuel prices and people's wish to save cash by investing in crackpot schemes purported to work. If you do try it and it seems to produce some sort of effect, let us know! :)

There are so many typos, lies, and misinformation on that page....

And as Aaron alluded to, that fuel cell wouldn't produce enough energy to power a flashlight.

I strongly suggest you NOT waste your money!!!!!

Yeah, the cell doesn't create enough hydrogen to do anything. It is true that hydrogen will run an engine but it takes a hell of a lot more than that little cell can put out.

It doesn't fuel the whole engine, it just adds small amounts of hydrogen something like 1L per minute which destroys carbon deposites and can increase power by a few HP and mileage by anywhere from 4-15MPG.

my buddy rebuilt a little engine and converted it to use hydrogen/gas and it runs of a big 2000psi tank. the thing has maybe run for a half hour and already has oil issues becuase of the way hydrogen burns. i would recommend against it.

I like this part the best:

"For over 50 years International Institutions, Universities, Engineering Associations & Independent Testing Labs have compiled documentation and test results proving that small amounts of hydrogen added to the Internal Combustion Engine significantly reduces toxic emissions, increase engine performance & provides a more complete burn of the fuel. "

IF that was true the government woudl require them to be on vehicles to reduce emissions!

"The added hydrogen gas from simple homemade hydro-boosters enhances the flame properties of the air-fuel mix & catalyzes the combustion of the hydrocarbon fuel.

WHAT?!?!? :crazy:

"Improving the conversion efficiency of the world's motor vehicles by one percent would reduce fuel consumption by one billion gallons per year! "

well...............So would removing air conditioning compressors OR catalytic converters and mufflers!

"Get higher octane combustion. Utilizing oxy-hydrogen gas to boost a fossil fuel with a complete burn of all the hydrocarbons, produces a way cleaner emission. In fact so clean you will NOT pass the SMOG test. " That doesn't sound too appealing.

so clean it will not? Hmmmmm.

"Get higher octane combustion. Utilizing oxy-hydrogen gas to boost a fossil fuel with a complete burn of all the hydrocarbons, produces a way cleaner emission. In fact so clean you will NOT pass the SMOG test. " That doesn't sound too appealing.

so clean it will not? Hmmmmm.

Not this device in particular, but I knew a guy in CA that failed smog and the engine was producing way under what the limit rating was for the vehicle....but it wasn't the original equipment under the hood so the test site failed it.

As for this thing, you could probably skip the "electroplater" and just pump the water into the engine and get better results.

just pump the water into the engine and get better results.

Yep, the germans had water injection units on some of their fighter planes in WW2 for when they needed an extra boost. Worked quite well, if I recall.

B

Yep, the germans had water injection units on some of their fighter planes in WW2 for when they needed an extra boost. Worked quite well, if I recall.

B

Some of the "tuners" were using it also.

There are no true "gimmicks" out there to add to an engine or fuel that will greatly reduce fuel consumption or anything like that. IF there was, automakers would already be installing them in their cars since it would cause sales to SKYROCKET since everyone would want such a "miracle car"

Best thing to do is just simply keep it tuned, don't drive like a complete moron, and if you have a ride with giant tires and all kinds of off-roading equipment like roll cages and skid plates....well thats all just extra weight so kiss your mileage goodbye :)

any kind of gimmick off the store shelves usually costs a pretty penny anyway so you're better off just driving smart and saving that 30 or 40 bucks for your gas budget.

As stated in the news recently, more and more people that have vehicles that can run on Ethanol are reporting engine problems because now that its been out there for a while, repair shops are finding that it doesn't burn as clean as everyone had thought it would and is causing deposits/carbon build up on intake parts and internal engine surfaces.....fouling them out. So guess what...ethanol has its short comings too!.

Bottom line is, there is nothing better than just plain ol' good gas and good oil.

Anything out there that DOES actually improve mileage, is pretty minor, like 1 extra mile per gallon. Thats like the oh so generous 10% off sale prices at stores. Sh*t....thats not enough to even make it worth bothering with.

Not always true Chriskaw... there are fuels far better than simple petrol, just that it's difficult to find a place to fuel them up. LPG is pretty clean burning, and a pure-hydrogen car would burn true for damn near forever. Then there's the idea of using a small (read, four stroke lawnmower) engine to power a generator to power electric motors... problem is, the average lawnmower engine puts out in one hour the same amount of crap as a 350 mile+ drive in the average car!

In all, there is only ONE solution to this problem - kick the habit and clean up our dependence on oil... especially oil exported from countries that hate us XD Unfortunately, until a new Revolution occurs, that'll never happen in the US...

...then you have to ask yourself...is it really worth all the headache to modify or whatnot just to gain an extra inch......

well if the government would get their sh*t together and let us drill HERE.....but nooooo.....we might harm the squirrels or knock a bird nest out of a tree when drilling. please.....

other countries are coming right up to the international borders out in the ocean and ANGLE drilling to get oil that is under our waters/continent....and its perfectly legal....go figure.

soon everything will just come to a grinding halt once the prices get to a certain point and NOTHING will be able to afford to operate. No trucking, no maintenance companies, zip nada zilch.

It just doesn't make sense. Fear of a shortage?? RAISE THE PRICE!!!! someone shot a bullet into a pipeline? RAISE THE PRICE!!!!!! a movie celebrity said a mean thing about some political figure??? RAISE THE PRICE!!!!!! can we drill in our own country where we are sitting on top of the largest oil beds (including shale oil) in the world????? HELL NO!!!! the tree hugging freaks wont let us and the govt doesn't want to break ties with the middle east for MONEY reasons. So.....we as Americans just have to suck it up.....don't drive, don't get PAID any more at work, to cover the cost of living....(have they mentioned raising the minimum wage amount any time soon? nope. You just gotta go get three more jobs and shack up with 4 or 5 roommates to split the rent or mortgage 'cause according to Bush, that's the American way!

I just spent $40.00 at the grocery store for a few of the BASICS (no red bulls, no ice cream....nothing fun to be honest) and I got two plastic bags of food, each one barely full. Maybe it's just me but that pretty much sucks.

Going to be a loooooong hot summer huh! :)

...then you have to ask yourself...is it really worth all the headache to modify or whatnot just to gain an extra inch......

well if the government would get their sh*t together and let us drill HERE.....but nooooo.....we might harm the squirrels or knock a bird nest out of a tree when drilling. please.....

other countries are coming right up to the international borders out in the ocean and ANGLE drilling to get oil that is under our waters/continent....and its perfectly legal....go figure.

soon everything will just come to a grinding halt once the prices get to a certain point and NOTHING will be able to afford to operate. No trucking, no maintenance companies, zip nada zilch.

It just doesn't make sense. Fear of a shortage?? RAISE THE PRICE!!!! someone shot a bullet into a pipeline? RAISE THE PRICE!!!!!! a movie celebrity said a mean thing about some political figure??? RAISE THE PRICE!!!!!! can we drill in our own country where we are sitting on top of the largest oil beds (including shale oil) in the world????? HELL NO!!!! the tree hugging freaks wont let us and the govt doesn't want to break ties with the middle east for MONEY reasons. So.....we as Americans just have to suck it up.....don't drive, don't get PAID any more at work, to cover the cost of living....(have they mentioned raising the minimum wage amount any time soon? nope. You just gotta go get three more jobs and shack up with 4 or 5 roommates to split the rent or mortgage 'cause according to Bush, that's the American way!

I just spent $40.00 at the grocery store for a few of the BASICS (no red bulls, no ice cream....nothing fun to be honest) and I got two plastic bags of food, each one barely full. Maybe it's just me but that pretty much sucks.

Going to be a loooooong hot summer huh! smile.gif

AMEN!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I joined this site just to give some of yall a heads up on this hydrogen stuff. I have a 95 Nissan pickup V6 (VERY similar to the pathfinder) and I have created and installed a WORKING Hydrogen Hybrid system in my car very similar to the one in those photos on that site. I will say I am getting at least 4-5 more mpg after 4 months of highway testing it. I also notice much better acceleration and it idles smoother. It is also true that you lower your emissions greatly. I have installed hydrogen systems on a 95 grand cherokee V8, 04 Dodge Hemi Pickup, and 03 Tundra V8 and all have worked very well with great results. Just a reminder I did this as a hybrid setup, not a full conversion. That would take too much effort trying to produce enough hydrogen and finding a good way to regulate it. After reading some of yalls posts it made me laugh! The world is FLAT NOT ROUND! This is my fav post:

The amount of gas produced by such a small apparatus is negligible at best. I can't possibly see how it would benefit a car engine that consumes thousands of times more air per revolution than the hydrogen cell can possibly ever produce.

Aside from that, there has been ZERO testing and ZERO proof from anyone that this works. Just a lot of websites monopolizing on fuel prices and people's wish to save cash by investing in crackpot schemes purported to work. If you do try it and it seems to produce some sort of effect, let us know! smile.gif

If you have any questions on how to get this working on your Pathy and dont want to just bash me for getting better gas mileage, then PM me. Oh and do you really think the Oil Company and GW would like it if you had to buy less gas? Thats why we don't have anything like that on our vehicles from stock. Thanks for reading!

What configuration did you use? How many amps? What did you use for electrolyte? Any measurements on output?

...so we now have ONE person claiming it to work and no proof to back it up with. Any more takers? I'd really like it to work, I just don't see definitive proof from anyone. Should we submit the idea to Mythbusters and get them to try it? :)

Mmk...let's try to hash this out.

A 3.0L V6 engine consumes roughly 3 liters of air every 24 revolutions.

At idle (700 RPM) the engine will rotate at 11.6 revolutions per second, consuming roughly 1.4-1.5 liters of air per second.

A smallish, car-portable 4-plate 12V 15-20 amp hydrogen unit can produce around .0167 liters per second of Brown's gas. That's one liter per MINUTE.

You're adding a nearly MICROSCOPIC amount of Brown's gas to the total consumed by the engine, AT IDLE.

Let's note that the electrolysis cell does not speed up with RPM's, so the ratio goes down even further with increased engine speed.

You see where I'm going with this and why I don't believe this stuff until it's been proven to work, don't you?