International Advertisement

Precise1

LOL. Homer plus John Wayne is a logical equation isn't it? I also like the crosseyed look...very apropos for him.

I'm admittedly ignorant about the US political system(and politics in general) and don't get how a guy does 2 terms when it seems like most Americans dislike him...and/or Cheney and/or Rumsfeld

If 100 people out of a thousand are screaming their heads off about something, you may well think that its the entire crowd thats making the ruckus. In reality, those other 900 people dont have a problem and are therefore silent, yet you cannot hear silence.

While a few people holler, shout, and pound their chests at GW, there are obviously more people who dont have a problem with the guy, and that showed at the polls. The silent voiced their opinions where it really matters, at the polls. And not surprisingly, that shouting mob that sounded like the voice of the entire country, turned out to just be the minority.

Its the same thing with these "polls" you see ever so often. Most people who are supportive could care less about what a poll says, and therefore pass it up...they stay silent. Where as the opposition will send out chain letters and round up a possee with their torch and pitchforks to go vote on some NBC survey.

I'm admittedly ignorant about the US political system(and politics in general) and don't get how a guy does 2 terms when it seems like most Americans dislike him...and/or Cheney and/or Rumsfeld

Well, considering he had to rig the elections in the last state (The one his brother runs) in order to 'win' shows what a close thing it really was, not some 9/10 ratio like some people allude to. Thats the same kind of factless propaganda that this administration uses to 'defend' its actions.

I do believe that if the country operated on popular vote, not the electorial college foolishness, Bush would have clearly LOST his second term ellection...

Facts is facts, regardless of opinions or wishes.

B

Well, considering he had to rig the elections in the last state (The one his brother runs) in order to 'win' shows what a close thing it really was, not some 9/10 ratio like some people allude to. Thats the same kind of factless propaganda that this administration uses to 'defend' its actions.

I do believe that if the country operated on popular vote, not the electorial college foolishness, Bush would have clearly LOST his second term ellection...

Facts is facts, regardless of opinions or wishes.

B

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have to do a re count for his first term election?

Could be, both of them were a travesty. The memories are vague; I was in shock that so many people would back that chimp... I think 1/2 the time the problem is that people vote their party, rather than being smart enough to vote for the best candidate.

B

being smart enough to vote for the best candidate.

B

Well, the thing is, he was the better of the 2 options both times. Fascist Gore, or Bobble-Head Kerry....no thanks.

Stuck in the same place again, McCain, meh he's spineless. But there is no way either of the Dems at the top would have a vote of mine, EVER!!!

Well, the thing is, he was the better of the 2 options both times. Fascist Gore, or Bobble-Head Kerry....no thanks.

Stuck in the same place again, McCain, meh he's spineless. But there is no way either of the Dems at the top would have a vote of mine, EVER!!!

Bobble heads and fascists! Jeez. I'd be interested to know what sort of adjective you'd have in front of Dubya's name. :huh:

LOL. Homer plus John Wayne is a logical equation isn't it? I also like the crosseyed look...very apropos for him.

you will learn as soon as we decide that you're done babysitting our oil, diamonds and whatever else you guys have up there. :/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have to do a re count for his first term election?
Could be, both of them were a travesty. The memories are vague; I was in shock that so many people would back that chimp... I think 1/2 the time the problem is that people vote their party, rather than being smart enough to vote for the best candidate.

B

sort of: i think the vote was 5-4 for shrubco. so majority but super slim one. :(

Bobble heads and fascists! Jeez. I'd be interested to know what sort of adjective you'd have in front of Dubya's name. :huh:

yeah man, let's see if i am close with these: savior, uniter, compassionate, leader.. oh i am going numb.. oh one more: winner. :rolleyes:

you will learn as soon as we decide that you're done babysitting our oil, diamonds and whatever else you guys have up there. :/

sort of: i think the vote was 5-4 for shrubco. so majority but super slim one. :(

Like...water, maybe!?

Well, the thing is, he was the better of the 2 options both times.

I conceed that most of the candidates we have had to choose from the past few elections seem less than desirable... I think we have a different opinion of 'the lesser evil' though.

B

LOL....a bobblehead probably would have gained the US a much fairer foreign image. :lol:

F$%& what the rest of the world thinks. Make a decision and follow through with it. Something that is hard for a lot of political types, to worried about image.

F$%& what the rest of the world thinks. Make a decision and follow through with it. Something that is hard for a lot of political types, to worried about image.

it worked for the bush administration

Edited by skrillaguerilla

I agree with the principle, but making bad decisions and sticking by them are not any benefit either. Unfortunately, image does matter in global politics and following boneheaded choices is detrimental.

That said, I'm all for policing the borders, cutting foreign aid and addressing the issues at home before anything else. I don't know how that would play out in the long run, but at least the country would be stronger and more stable. I won't even get into eddikation... :unsure:

B

I agree with the principle, but making bad decisions and sticking by them are not any benefit either. Unfortunately, image does matter in global politics and following boneheaded choices is detrimental.

That said, I'm all for policing the borders, cutting foreign aid and addressing the issues at home before anything else. I don't know how that would play out in the long run, but at least the country would be stronger and more stable. I won't even get into eddikation... :unsure:

B

You're absolutely right, B. In my opinion (purely as an outsider, looking in) the US has to look within, fix itself, then return to helping others.

My comment regarding foreign policy was more along the lines of starting wars, and misguided anger/hostility.

When the decision you make is to go into a country your daddy had a grudge with, because you can't find the guys YOU have a grudge with, it makes you look like nothing short of a moron.

I do remember people (Iraqi and others) cheering the US military as they entered Iraq...

That seems like eons ago and what sort of chronology are we using here? I mean was this Pre-WMD or post-WMD. Hunting for Osama or snagging the most convenient and timely criminal? Consider the action/reaction. Was the commitment worth the cost?

And can any country, let alone the US, afford to meddle where we don't belong?

t makes you look like nothing short of a moron.

Simon, I believe that is spelled "moran"!!!

That seems like eons ago and what sort of chronology are we using here? I mean was this Pre-WMD or post-WMD. Hunting for Osama or snagging the most convenient and timely criminal? Consider the action/reaction. Was the commitment worth the cost?

And can any country, let alone the US, afford to meddle where we don't belong?

Quite frankly, I find that so embarassing that I have no reply.

B