Matt's Custom Rock Sliders

MY1PATH

I found this link;

Matt's Custom Rock Sliders $189 Yeh the price is awesome!

The top of the page has our NPORA tag on it but I tried the email and got no response. "Matt Albertson of Onalaska, WA is the person to see" This is like an hour south of where I live so If anybody knows how I could get a hold of this guy I would be very greatfull!!!

those are some... interesting booger welds.

I wouldn't knock those welds. They look strong, and it looks like there were welded with plenty of amps.

Let's point out the important stuff... Check out the angled braces over the mounting legs. That's good stuff right there. I've seen lots of sliders without bracing end up bending till they hit the body after a few trail runs.

Looks like that page has been there for a while. I wonder why noone ever heard of this or said anything before?

Says the page was last modified on May 30, 2007 12:58:44 PM

Slider-Under.jpg

Edited by TrailChaser

I wouldn't knock those welds. They look strong, and it looks like there were welded with plenty of amps.

Slider-Under.jpg

"Here is the photo we sent to him as an example of what we basically wanted."

According to the caption, I don't think that was the final product. The other photos show what was built and sold, but don't show the welds... I'm sure they were better if they were put together by any sort of professional.

The gloss black sliders above are old bolt-on ShrockWorks sliders. I think they still make them, not sure on the pricing.

*goes and looks*

http://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Rock-Sliders-c-261.html

Nope, sorry. Apparently they only make stuff for new X's and Frontiers nowadays.

*has an idea*

Ahh, I see that they still make them for AC, so I guess you can order them here, but they're $340 unpainted, $390 painted. That's a spendy powdercoat...yeesh.

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...dfc4e048b9d1352

http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/armor.htm

if you scroll a little ways down youll see em labeled heavy duty rock sliders. they are weld on or bolt on aplication made of 1 3/4" tubing .120 wall. they come in three lengths 58", 68", and 78".

They are meant for toyotas but im sure you could make one of those lengths fit the pathfinder no problem, especially with the weld or bolt on.

By the way, the guy above was MatterHorn. He had a blue 87 Pathy with the TM 4" lift and 3" BL with 35's. The 35's still rubbed. ;)

Anyway, he sold the Pathy and last I remember he moved away.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showuser=313

Ditto that, that add-thing has to be what, 4-5 years old or so at least, wouldn't you say 88? Maybe even off the old MrJim site. Please post up though, if anybody finds another source.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/armor.htm

if you scroll a little ways down youll see em labeled heavy duty rock sliders. they are weld on or bolt on aplication made of 1 3/4" tubing .120 wall. they come in three lengths 58", 68", and 78".

They are meant for toyotas but im sure you could make one of those lengths fit the pathfinder no problem, especially with the weld or bolt on.

well 58 is too short and 68 is too long, so you would have to modify them. kinda a waste imo.

well 58 is too short and 68 is too long, so you would have to modify them. kinda a waste imo.

Oh common now! the 58" is $149! Beggars cant be choosers! I measured and Ideal on my '89 would be arroud 63". so the 58" is only 5" or 6" short. line it up right and nobody would really care if they did notice and if its centered that leaves you 3" shor t on each end.

And how many rocks are we gonna fall on are gonna find that 3" too large gap between the wheel and the rail?

And after they find that gap how many of them are still tall enough to do any unsightly damage?

does anyone else see it this way?

whats the measurement between the doors

I've got 69.5" between either wheel-well opening on my '95. I don't see why 68" wouldn't work.

Where are you guys taking your measurements? yoszi, 65"? Are you guessing? How am I getting 4.5 more inches?

I've got 69.5" between either wheel-well opening on my '95. I don't see why 68" wouldn't work.

Where are you guys taking your measurements? yoszi, 65"? Are you guessing? How am I getting 4.5 more inches?

because going wheel well to wheel well would be stupid, 63-67" is ideal for a slider on a 4 door pathfinder.

because going wheel well to wheel well would be stupid, 63-67" is ideal for a slider on a 4 door pathfinder.

Great logic. Thanks. :blink: It's good to know I'm speaking w/ experts.

Now that I've been so totally corrected and made to see the error of my ways, anyone care to explain where these measurements are coming from and why it's "stupid" to protect the entire rocker panel?

What's one more inch? I sincerely doubt the tires are going to rub since they aren't already rubbing the fender well.