Stupid wing

I really dont like the looks of the wing the pathfinder has about the hatch.. and theres really no way of taking it off without making it look booty fabbed... do they sell something that makes it still latch but not have the ghetto wing? :tonguefinger:

Yes, there is an option, and others may want to swap you for the "wing." The hinges change on these, so trucks with the "wing" have hinges that are also the mounts for what many call the "wind deflector." Those without these hinges/mounts simply have hinges attaching the back glass to the truck. You can easily make the swap with parts from a junkyard truck or another truck, but please don't toss the deflector and hinges, as somebody out there surely would like to pick them up from you. :)

What purpose does it do... seems a lil goofy to me :coffee!:

also how could i swap it? seems like every pathfinder has them... even yours.. im trying to break away from the stock look... took off the fenderflares, mudflaps, i needa get rid of the bug shield and the rear wing doohickey...

Edited by Nissyota88

What purpose does it do... seems a lil goofy to me :coffee!:

also how could i swap it? seems like every pathfinder has them... even yours.. im trying to break away from the stock look... took off the fenderflares, mudflaps, i needa get rid of the bug shield and the rear wing doohickey...

I'll take the fender flares and mudflaps if you don't want them. I can swap you for some "wingless" type hinges.

Edited by GhostPath

I'll take the fender flares and mudflaps if you don't want them. I can swap you for some "wingless" type hinges.

eh we will see... i need to get new tires first, and if they stick out much i will need them to get the cops off my back.. but if not there all yours bro

It directs air across the rear window in order to clear raindrops off while you're driving.

ah.. but.. i have a rear windsheild wiper... :handlebars:

Well that stupid wing keeps my rear window perfectly clear all winter as well as on dirt roads in the summer.

Tom

Keeps mine covered in grime. Both of my trucks have the deflector (now) and my 93 has the rear wiper so I can see out of it, but the 88 doesn't have a wiper, so I have to manually squeege off the rear if I want to see.

Keeps mine covered in grime. Both of my trucks have the deflector (now) and my 93 has the rear wiper so I can see out of it, but the 88 doesn't have a wiper, so I have to manually squeege off the rear if I want to see.

how much?

If I can find them...$25 for the pair shipped.

hmmm well i will trade anyone for my ghey ass wing for regular latches.. but i cant switch untill i have those latches... i would buy but i got a ticket to pay off right now... so buy my hookah !!! :D

Not having a deflector sucks! I cant keep my window clean, even with the wiper.

I'll trade in a heartbeat.

Try replacing the wiper arm and spring along with the wiper blade.

The entire rear wiper arm is **$15** or less at the dealer.

Nono, the wiper works just fine, as does the sprayer; but there's so much road grime blowing around w/o the deflector that I can keep the washer reservoir full. I run out in no time!

My last Pathy had one (92 SE) and I'd always questioned the point... Now I know! Life is hard w/o the wing.

Factory, nothing special.

KY roads are dirty in the winter. I'm fairly certain that what's stuck to my back glass is more from crap blowing between the carriage and the road then slung by the tires.

:shrug: I never had this problem with the last truck anyhow.

without flares and the "wing", ya may as well buy a ghey Cherokee!-)

That way you can drive a Box with no curves & fit in with the heeps...

Or you have a problem like mine where no matter how much pb blaster, wd40, and jig a loo you spray on the wiper linkages, the wiper moves slow as hell and usually gets stuck and you have to help it back to its home, which it never goes too, just sits at the lower edge of the glass :crazy: Took apart everything and lubed it up but :shrug: So adding that wing was a BIG help. It pushes the rain off!

Oh ya and when i bought this truck (95xe) it had 2 mudflaps, drivers rear and passenger's front. The front one is gone who knows where and the rear one is in my garage, because it was on fine and then i go out one morning to see that someone ripped it off :shiftyeyes:

Edited by redfinder