UCA's

ISlandBoy

Hi all,

I have been shopping for a UCA for my 93 pathy for the last week or two or maybe three and I compiled some info for other peeps out here

I know there are a lot of people asking about UCA and whatever, so here it goes:

Calmini HD UCA:(

price: $ 349.95

To me this is the thing to have, they are big, beefy and people say it works. The only problem is they need 3 weeks to do the order, probably made to order. It's a problem for someone like me that needs it right now, also there is the tax issue and shipping. Probably it will come out to $400+ for a set and for that I cannot justify the price.

SuperLift UCA

price: $ 357.82 (part 6065, Front Kit from Website)

pricey for me, didn't bother what is included in the front kit. I called them a couple of minutes ago, also a $30.00 shipping fee will be added on top of that. This works also

Roughcountry UCA

price: $ 329.00 ( for a freaking set that includes shackles, shocks)

This is what I got, they told me that they cannot sell it individually, B/S so I just need to unload the rest of the stuff that I do not need. $45.00 including shipping so that gave me 374.00 shipped. They are highly recommended by NPORA.

AC UCA

didn't bother based on NPORA's reaction

Hope this helps someone.

Roughcountry UCA

price: $ 329.00 ( for a freaking set that includes shackles, shocks)

This is what I got, they told me that they cannot sell it individually, B/S so I just need to unload the rest of the stuff that I do not need. $45.00 including shipping so that gave me 374.00 shipped. They are highly recommended by NPORA.

Call them back tomorrow and ask again...

great. i already got it, I told him that I know people that got it seperately, he said "no, they do not do that anymore, warranty issues" i guess the rest are going to E-bay. Will the shocks for a hardbody fit the pathy?

I have AC UCA's and have not had major alignment problems. They got rusty pretty quick up here, but i am content with them.

The Rough Country UCA's are built by Superlift, AFAIK. I've heard they were toughening up their stance lately, probably cause they were stuck with 100 rear Hardbody lift kits cause we bought the front end. LOL. I got in fairly early, and got the UCA's for lie $130 shipped in 2005, and they've been great. And yes, those front shocks should fit perfect, rear is unknown though...

I just got off the phone with Rough Country, trying to order UCA's. Guy told me he had to sell them packaged with the shackles. Price was somewhere between 230-240$. He told me he'd give me a good deal and gave me the UCAs and shackles for 185$, 196$ shipped to 77502.

bro,

ask them if they are available to ship out ASAP. I was waiting for my UCA from them for about a week or so, I called yesterday and was informed that it was backordered. Luckily, I called them today and the guy said that it went out today.

bro,

ask them if they are available to ship out ASAP. I was waiting for my UCA from them for about a week or so, I called yesterday and was informed that it was backordered. Luckily, I called them today and the guy said that it went out today.

Good call bud, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Calmini took less than 2 weeks to ship me my 3" SL & Steering upgrade.

Just my feedback. Way happy so far, (still installing!-)

I think Calmini gets bashed more than they deserve (my opinion only!-) :FartExplode-vi:

Mike,

have you installed your Calmin UCA's yet?! I believe they have upgraded bushings or I might be wrong, but that is what the guy told me. I just want to know if they squeek and also if you got it aligned yet and you are on factory specs.

My issue is when RC told me that my UCA's are backordered with no ETA, I got pissed and ordered UCA's from Calmini and ask them to deliver it 3 days. so most likey I'll be getting both UCA from RC and Calmini the same time. (I'll post pics when they arrive)

I do not know what to put on my truck now, but for sure one is going to the classified section.

I have RC UCA's and wish i just spent the money and bought Calmini. Theres ball joint mounting issues on the RC arms. With all the ball joint mounting bolts torqued to spec, theres still a gap in between the ball joint and the arm. You can see light right through them. Also the weld on the RC arms interfere with the ball joints, so you have to grind the ball joint plate down a little on the corners. I wish i bought Calmini.

I just got my Calmini idler arm brace last night and this thing has good craftsmanship written all over it. Customer service was great as well. I think some people who give Calmini customer service a bad rep are just annoying people in the first place.

Mike,

have you installed your Calmin UCA's yet?! I believe they have upgraded bushings or I might be wrong, but that is what the guy told me. I just want to know if they squeek and also if you got it aligned yet and you are on factory specs.

Do you have poly bushings? Because they will most likely squeek regardless. I have poly throughout my front suspension, so it chirps and sqeaks a bit, especially starting when stretching, or on a cold morning, and my stuff is well lubed. Nature of the beast...

I have RC UCA's and wish i just spent the money and bought Calmini. Theres ball joint mounting issues on the RC arms. With all the ball joint mounting bolts torqued to spec, theres still a gap in between the ball joint and the arm. You can see light right through them. Also the weld on the RC arms interfere with the ball joints, so you have to grind the ball joint plate down a little on the corners. I wish i bought Calmini.

Wow, that's a screw-up. Sounds like either its the weld of course, or the hole is too small. Have you contacted them about the issue?

Installing this weekend, needed a couple seals while I was replacing the ball joints and they needed to be ordered.

Idler arm is a monster & I'll get a side by side when I pull it!-)

Just a little update on the Rough Country UCA's. I ordered them on the 17th, and they just came in today. I haven't had a chance to install them yet, as I'm still waiting on lift springs. But so far I'm pretty pleased with the service from RC.

Edited by LandShark

on my RC UCA's there was no issue with the ball joints fitting.....but when i tried to put ball joint sapcers on there the welds did interfere and had to grind the welds down a bit. i am very pleased with my RC UCA.....esp as the 2nd owner of the set i got thanks to Sammyb33!!!

Rich

i am still waiting for my RCs to arrive so I can compare them side by side. I did receive my calmini's yesterday, I did 3 day shipping thou. This thing is really massive, looks really tough. I'll get some pictures up this weekend.

Wow i am really getting mixed reviews on the two UCAs, I do not know which one to use. Could other peeps chime in with their issues.

Would it be any diffrent if I use Energy Suspension bushings instead of the black ones that the CALMINI came with?

just an update, I receive the RCs... and they are both sitting on my table, I took a picture of them for comparison pusrposes but when I started posting, Image is too large. so... I need to resize them.

I think I will go with the Calmini and sell the RCs. If someone out there that I am making a bad choice, please speak out and help a broda out.

Bad idea. The Calmini arms, though built strong, have some serious bushing issues. The RC bushings seem to last a lot longer, and the arms are just as strong, maybe just not as pretty.