rough country UCA trubble

bigfisch1191

ok so today i installed my rough country UCAS but i have not been able to gain any lift because i am aready 3/4 of an inch away from the bump stop with no lift at all. has anyone else had this problem? did i put them in wrong? i just dont know? the little square welded on the UCAS is supposed to be on the bump stop side right?

i will add pics tomarrow beacuse its dark out now.

Edited by bigfisch1191

The UCA's themselves give you no lift. You need to crank the T-bars to achieve lift. 3/4" is lots.....you can go to 1/2, or even 1/4" and still be okay.

The UCA themselves do not give you lift, it's cranking the T-Bars that does it. The RC UCA are meant to keep the geometry angles correct when you do lift it, so your not wearing out ball joints and have no problems getting it aligned.

Did you crank the TBars prior to getting/installing the RC UCA's? Or did a prior owner, I don't recall where mine were stock, but it seems that it should have a little more distance between the stops and the arms, unless you or another cranked them up before.

You could tighten them up a bit, maybe within a 1/2in and see where that puts you, leave around a 1/4 in otherwise your ride will suffer because you will have no downward travel left ;).

yea u might remember i was the dumbass who cranked them up so much i had zero down travel. but then i lowered them again until i got the RC UCAS. and now here i am, so i really only need a 1/4 inch between them? guess ill crank some more tomarrow see were i can get.

• 2 weeks later...

well i cranked up the t-bars more and still have a little room between the bump stops. but she still needs a little work the tires sit like \ / but after going weeling and haveing a little fun i think she looks better than ever what ya think?

new RC UCAS

P1000054.jpg

BEFORE

P1000003.jpg

AFTER

P1000066.jpg

P1000070.jpg

AFTER WHEELING

P1000056.jpg

Looks Great :beer:

When I did the final set up on mine before the Alignment, I had the rear sitting 3/4" higher than the front, measured to the lip of the Wheel wells, with a full tank of Gas... when fully loaded it sits level, and after about half a tank its 1"...

Then I blew the timing belt 20 miles after the Alignment... and it sat for 9 months...

Edited by Casey.T

Mine generally sits close to level with a full tank, 1/2" or so higher in back toward empty. But I also have air shocks in back, so I can pump up if its really loaded. All in all, I like the slight stance with the truck barely leaning forward. In reality, you're going to always get more and easier flex and lift with the solid rear axle vs. the IFS anyways.