anybody have rocksliders ?

drifter

looking in to buying a pair of rocksliders,4x4.com has some nice ones but they are almost $400, anybody have pics of their rigg with a pair of rocksliders?? and anybody else have them for any cheaper??

If you find a good deal let me know cuz I would also like some as well. Also given the frame rust issue I have been thinking of welding strengthening plates down each side before installing sliders

Maybe 1/4in??

If you find a good deal let me know cuz I would also like some as well. Also given the frame rust issue I have been thinking of welding strengthening plates down each side before installing sliders

Maybe 1/4in??

1/4" is to thick, 3/16" max.

If you really want a set, I can probably make you a set for under $300 installed (I'm 2hrs from you).

Edited by GrimGreg

i use my rocker panels for rock sliders, why do think they call em rocker panels?

:itsallgood:

I thought that is where the music came from?

Just weld yer doors shut like the Duke Boyz, and then you can take jumps with 0 damage to your truck!

(Warning: this only works in Hazzard County, Georgia and the Land of Make-believe (Fred Rogers Dementia))

looking in to buying a pair of rocksliders,4x4.com has some nice ones but they are almost $400, anybody have pics of their rigg with a pair of rocksliders?? and anybody else have them for any cheaper??

You could always make them yourself. I just picked up the steel to do mine. cost me about 90 bucks for about 140 pounds of steel. Now to get welding.

Mark

You could always make them yourself. I just picked up the steel to do mine. cost me about 90 bucks for about 140 pounds of steel. Now to get welding.

Mark

Of course, you will be posting up pictures as you go too wont you? ;)

and they may bend you door and lock you inside..lol.. they are just for looks.. not functional as they have no heavy load baring capabalities.

well they have held up the full weight of my truck a few times and they havent bent an inch

I've heard from my metal fabrication master that he's got a "plan" for sliders for my truck. Considering how my rear bumper turned out, I'll let him play :aok:

Once we've got them built, I'll have pics to post.

Where's the BS flag? lol wait until you smack it hard!

lol, in georgia they dont got much of anything cept mud. but i'd rather run no step bars than have those monstrosities on my truck.