It is working well indeed.

Vsicks Pathy

I'll have to admit, I did have a chuckle. Of course, there are plenty of sources that are further out there. It's tough to weed through the opinions and creatively collected facts (only select those that support your argument) in the media. I try to stay away from the civilian news agencies.

That's why Governments have data collection agencies. They all have a bureau of statistics. The data from these sources has been put up for all to see in other threads. Obviously opinions are still used as actual data in this one, so putting up facts again is pointless. :whocares: Let the carnage continue.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap:

Bout time you get it.

Well you can view it as job creation too I suppose. Doctors, ambo's, police, clean up guys, mortuary workers, rehab workers and if course the jobs of the people that actually die, just to name a few. It is like perpetual motion.

Steve, it's really not necessary to post threads questioning US gun policy whenever anything shooting-related occurs. We've gone over and over the ideas and problems related to this topic several times already, why re-hash it once more for no reason? Guns are present, people won't give them up, and sometimes people with bad intents can get guns and do bad things with them. This is how things are, they're not going to change because you think they should.

The kid was depressed, hopeless and lost. He chose very poorly how to take care of himself and took others with him on the way. This is ONE PERSON'S choice, not a national crisis. Shxt happens. I'm sorry it did happen.

Perhaps if we took a look at why he was so depressed in general in the first place we could take steps to prevent this sort of thing in the future. What would it take to cheer up the entire population and prevent people from feeling like they're dirt and it wouldn't be a bad thing to take others out with them when it's time to go? Lower gas prices? Higher minimum wages? Lower interest rates? Less guns? Which of these can we fix and which of these WILL we fix?

Steve, it's really not necessary to post threads questioning US gun policy whenever anything shooting-related occurs. We've gone over and over the ideas and problems related to this topic several times already, why re-hash it once more for no reason? Guns are present, people won't give them up, and sometimes people with bad intents can get guns and do bad things with them. This is how things are, they're not going to change because you think they should.

The kid was depressed, hopeless and lost. He chose very poorly how to take care of himself and took others with him on the way. This is ONE PERSON'S choice, not a national crisis. Shxt happens. I'm sorry it did happen.

Perhaps if we took a look at why he was so depressed in general in the first place we could take steps to prevent this sort of thing in the future. What would it take to cheer up the entire population and prevent people from feeling like they're dirt and it wouldn't be a bad thing to take others out with them when it's time to go? Lower gas prices? Higher minimum wages? Lower interest rates? Less guns? Which of these can we fix and which of these WILL we fix?

While I agree with you on every point you make, it still has to be said. Why report it in the media then might be the next question asked?

People will have problems everywhere and for every conceivable reason too. That's life. It is what they choose to do the damage with, the availability of the weapon. Had he not had easy access to a firearm would the death toll be the same? It is a simple question.

If guns kill people...

then PENCILS misspell words

then COMPUTERS delete my homework

then COPS cause you to get speeding tickets

then KNIVES, Medications, Cars, and other various instruments cause suicide

You see where I'm goin' with this?

Good.

Video games don't make NORMAL people violent... guns don't kill people... action movies don't give you super martial arts powers...

Why report it in the media then might be the next question asked?

and there is an excellent question. In my opinion, the media does more harm then good when it comes to crap like this. Some depressed kid or unstable freak who wants to make a name for themselves is now provided with an avenue to do so. Personally, I think the incedents should be reported but no names given and no details (or recipes for others to follow) should be mentioned.

As for guns making it easy to carry out.... yea, that's easy but it's also easy to make explosives, detonate an LP cylinder, generate a large cyanide gas cloud, poison food or water, etc. If someone wants to kill, taking away civilian owned guns won't stop them, it would just make them more creative or go black-market.

and there is an excellent question. In my opinion, the media does more harm then good when it comes to crap like this. Some depressed kid or unstable freak who wants to make a name for themselves is now provided with an avenue to do so. Personally, I think the incedents should be reported but no names given and no details (or recipes for others to follow) should be mentioned.

As for guns making it easy to carry out.... yea, that's easy but it's also easy to make explosives, detonate an LP cylinder, generate a large cyanide gas cloud, poison food or water, etc. If someone wants to kill, taking away civilian owned guns won't stop them, it would just make them more creative or go black-market.

The kid had a history (mental) and was still able to acquire weapons?

You give some pretty imaginative ways that mass murder can be carried out. It has already been proved that most people don't like to go to extreme lengths when it comes to killing people.

Is it also true that another mass murder has just taken place in the US?

If guns kill people...

Good.

Video games don't make NORMAL people violent... guns don't kill people... action movies don't give you super martial arts powers...

Wow.

Now I get it. It all makes perfect sense now.

If guns kill people...

Good.

Look, I know I said I get it now, but I lied to you. Can you explain, in factual terms, how what you wrote is relevant to mass murder?

Mean while here are some facts for you. Old but still relevant.

methinks that you are hellbent on arguing........whether or not anyone else makes any sense or not you seem to carry on the path you choose......ignoring all but those posts that support your opinion.......oh well I guess it is your thread

I agree. It almost seems like you get all giddy when you see a gun crime happen here in the States. Your opinion is perfectly clear. I agree that there should be more control on guns. I'm a gun advocate, but I think there should be licensing for rifles as well as handguns. Rifles and shotguns are WAY too easy to get. Legally. If I were to go on a shooting spree (not that I would), a shotgun would be my weapon of choice. And you can go to WalMart and buy one. They just won't sell you the shells at the same time.

"For example, though Norway has far and away the highest firearm ownership per capita in Western Europe, it nevertheless has the lowest murder rate. Other nations with high firearms ownership and comparably low murder rates include Denmark, Greece, Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Holland has a 50 percent higher murder rate despite having the lowest rate of firearm ownership in Europe"

SUI has high rate of gun deaths.. maybe they are accidents but those were the figures i posted in the previous gun control thread.

i am pretty sure in Norway guns are primarily for hunting. they have alwyas been darn good in biathlon too. :)

Ok, so you guys are suggesting that I take childish rebuffs and not question what the author is trying to say? I just asked for a clarification, that's all.

I wanted to ask "Kittamaru" How many spelling mistakes can he make with his pencil in a minute? I was then going to suggest that he use a typewriter so he could amplify his erroneous punctuation and grammar. I was then going to say "You see where I'm goin' with this?" GOOD!

To suggest I get may become "all giddy" about such atrocious events is really clutching at straws. I am never not disappointed in your countries complacency for, or lack of regard to human life. Not to mention the cowardice it takes to do nothing at all to stem the flow of innocent lives lost. To say what was suggested is incomprehensible.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

The kid had a history (mental) and was still able to acquire weapons?

the same was true in VTech earlier in the year.. there are laws in place to prevent mentally unstable from obtaining guns.. so there was a breakdown in there somewhere. if more controls were to be instituted who says this couldn't happen again and again anyway?

do i lose my right to sling my guns just because of a few nuts? most murders in my town are comitted with illegal guns which by definition means they were and would most likely be outside of the protections no matter what those artificial protections are.

"For example, though Norway has far and away the highest firearm ownership per capita in Western Europe, it nevertheless has the lowest murder rate. Other nations with high firearms ownership and comparably low murder rates include Denmark, Greece, Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Holland has a 50 percent higher murder rate despite having the lowest rate of firearm ownership in Europe"

Those countries referred to have very strict gun controls. A simple check will confirm this.

As for Holland? What was the murder rate exactly?

Something to browse through.

the same was true in VTech earlier in the year.. there are laws in place to prevent mentally unstable from obtaining guns.. so there was a breakdown in there somewhere. if more controls were to be instituted who says this couldn't happen again and again anyway?

do i lose my right to sling my guns just because of a few nuts? most murders in my town are comitted with illegal guns which by definition means they were and would most like be outside of the protections no matter what those artificial protections are.

Should do a yes or no poll.

Question being... Does gun control mean no guns?

The murders in you town mz fly in the face of statistics.

No one is suggesting that anyone give up their right to bare arms. I haven't. At least I don't think I have??? WE HAVE GUNS HERE STILL PEOPLE!

The only guns that are banned here are semi and fully automatic. It is a matter of collateral if someone goes off the deep end. Does that not make any sense to anyone? Do you not get it at all? :deadhorse:

Should do a yes or no poll.

Question being... Does gun control mean no guns?

The murders in you town mz fly in the face of statistics.

No one is suggesting that anyone give up their right to bare arms. I haven't. At least I don't think I have??? WE HAVE GUNS HERE STILL PEOPLE!

The only guns that are banned here are semi and fully automatic. It is a matter of collateral if someone goes off the deep end. Does that not make any sense to anyone? Do you not get it at all? :deadhorse:

Even if the whole USA had no firearms in it. I BELIVE there would still be murders and killings. People would just resort to other means, you know how easy it is to make a bomb, or even with a bolt-action rifle you could kill many people before they would ever get to you. Also you can convert your guns to semi auto within an hour and access to the Internet. Guns are not the problem it’s the people that have the problem. And it is obvious that we have are opinion and you have yours and there is not much that will change them.

Sorry V6....I had taken your stance as one for "no guns".

I also took it that way.

As for "semi or full auto", full auto has been banned for many years here in the States. That doesn't mean that you can't convert to it, but that is also "technically" illegal (I say technically because unless you are caught with it, none the wiser). As for semi-auto, I know guys who can pump their pump actions pretty damn quick too, so it's a null excuse.

WARNING: This next bit might shock a few.

If anything should be outlawed, banned, etc. from private ownership or use it is a handgun/pistol. They are made for one purpose, killing humans. Yes some big game hunters carry a side arm for last resort, but those are very few. Otherwise they are only used to shoot at targets or people. While I like the idea of more dead people, I would much prefer other means.

there are many people hunting with hand cannons. these aren't back up but the primary weapons. it is quite popular actually.

plus since brady law expired many fully auto weapons are actully legal otherwise you wouldn't have many the KY machine gun shoots..

Sorry V6....I had taken your stance as one for "no guns".

Me 3

I can buy the NO auto. However, semi auto will never fly. a duel action revolver is a "semi auto"

many shotguns are semi auto.

What the hell do you need an ak47 for?